• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefro

omg its over

EJYiuda.jpg

Sister Diane... it's OVAH!

Bowdz

Where is the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

greatgeek

Banned
The email thing wasn't hurting her like this when there was a very real threat of an indictment. This is only happening because the investigation has been in the news. Most people will stop caring about this, and remember that Trump is a dumpster fire personified.

Bowdz

The email thing wasn't hurting her like this when there was a very real threat of an indictment. This is only happening because the investigation has been in the news. Most people will stop caring about this, and remember that Trump is a dumpster fire personified.

Strong this.

Boke1879

Personally I think this is good. Trump needs to be seen as a legit threat so dems don't get complacent. Clinton and co just need to do their jobs

HylianTom

Banned
For what it's worth, betting markets don't seem to be buying this Hillary downtick..

Edit: according to Benchmark, Morning Consult's Georgia poll has Clinton up over Trump by 1%

Emarv

1. Hillary ahead in 15 polls by +5
2. Poll comes out showing the race tightening
3. Media and pundits freak out about it for 2 days
4. 15 more polls showing +5 come out
5. We all wait for a new poll to freak out about

Repeat ad nauseam.

VRMN

For what it's worth, betting markets don't seem to be buying this Hillary downtick..
As they shouldn't. Polls fluctuate. This was a bad week for Clinton and the Trump news was largely about VP ceremony, not the usual bullshit.

If it doesn't swing back after the DNC, then maybe I'll Diablos. Not before.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
As the GOP primaries showed, we live in a different climate than even 2012. Nothing should be taken for granted any more in politics. We have an incredibly polarized country with 40% of people who would probably vote for a known murderer if they had a (R) next to their name.

Emarv

I wonder what the lowest polling Romney got in 2012? When's the last historical precedent for a candidate to be unable to break past 40?

Until Trump consistently breaks 40 or Clinton drops below 40, I ain't worried at all. This is just the fluctuation we should expect. Expecting a consistent margin is statistically unrealistic.

gcubed

i think the vast majority of people in here are being wholly facetious in caring :)

RNC buys a couple polls the week before the convention to sell the idea that their candidate has momentum and everyone freaks out. Jesus people.
I think it's kind of dangerous to assume they were bought (other than Ras, because lol Ras). Clinton did suffer a fairly large set back last week with Comey's criticisms. The polls are reflecting that.

Hillary's new ad is super good.

Shows children watching Trump say disgusting things.

She's really focused on that more than his policies. It must be showing movement internally. I imagine especially with moms.

Edit: omg with the poll freaking out. Lol he's can't get a lead on her worst week.

HylianTom

Banned
Hillary's new ad is super good.

Shows children watching Trump say disgusting things.

She's really focused on that more than his policies. It must be showing movement internally. I imagine especially with moms.

Edit: omg with the poll freaking out. Lol he's can't get a lead on her worst week.

There's a pretty clear ceiling that Trump is knocking his head up against, and she's trying to reinforce it with steel plating. As long as his "could never support" number stays above hers, she's golden.

Pretty smart. And in the event that the third party candidates' numbers stay stubbornly high (it's an odd year, who knows?), she's helping herself if she has to win with a sub-50% portion of the vote.

Why am I wasting my time arguing with someone on reddit who believes the Clinton Foundation is being investigated, but won't provide any proof at all, then claims I need to provide proof it isn't happening.

I'm too tired to deal with this today. It's like watching a conspiracy theory form in real time.

If you believed the bandaid of Hillary's emails needed to be ripped off at some point, then you knew yesterday and today's polling were eventually going to happen. Better now than August, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom