• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingkitty

Pence is so fucking boring, that I can imagine some people will view him as a moderate, good choice for Trump.

Anyways, if it's Pence, then I guess it's Kaine for Hill. What a lame conclusion.

Best choice Trump could have made, given his VP shortlist. That's not to say Pence is going to play well with the general public but he'll do a hell of a lot better than Gingrich, or "October Surprise" Christie.

V3gs7w6.png

IT IS NOT NEWT

IT IS PENCE

I WIN

Could easily be an ego stroking session.

Pence is probably the least divisive choice for the General Election. However, he has no name recognition.

Actually he is pretty unpopular in his state and has a lot of controversial social conservative baggage. Basically all the negative baggage Trump doesn't have. Of the three, I actually think he would be the worst for a Trump style campaign.

NeoXChaos

The New York Times ‏@nytimes 2m2 minutes ago
Breaking News: Donald Trump’s campaign has signaled he will pick Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana as his running mate

For Trump to really win, he needs to make this campaign about Hillary and her perceived negatives, not himself. Newt and Christie are articulate enough to continue that. Pence I don't see having that in him. I know some GOP want boring, but to win boring is not it.

Real talk how dangerous is Pence?

I mean any social conservatives feeling concerned will feel much better now. Unless he becomes a completely different person there is no way he appeals to anyone but them though. Still the media will probably applaud this pick for some reason because he didn't pick fucking meet gingrich

He's certainly not eloquent

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Real talk how dangerous is Pence?

Not really. He'd be exponentially better than Trump as president, but he's still a middle of the road old white guy who will do nothing to bring in moderates or swing voters.

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb 7m7 minutes ago
.@MajorCBS confirms Trump is picking Pence as VP, formal call scheduled within the hour.

DREAM IS DEAD.

Made no sense to announce it tomorrow, even though the photo op will be tomorrow.

Probably a media blitz as well.

Emarv

MaggieNYT breaking the story? Good on you, boo.

Hillary, now is the time do something interesting. Jk, she's gonna go boring, too.

Bowdz

For Trump to really win, he needs to make this campaign about Hillary and her perceived negatives, not himself. Newt and Christie are articulate enough to continue that. Pence I don't see having that in him. I know some GOP want boring, but to win boring is not it.

My thoughts as well. They both have baggage, but to quote Christie, no one would prosecute the case against Hillary better than Christie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom