• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Nah, but we should be able to get better clues from travel logistics. A lot of folks say that FlightAware.com is useful for checking private or chartered flights, but I've never used it..
I don't know, I just feel like the UK pace is like "fuckfuckfuckfuck" while we're at a pace of still getting the first letter out of our mouths

Their leader was spat out in two weeks and their cabinet in two days, meanwhile we've been waiting ages for veep picks

pigeon

Banned
I don't know, I just feel like the UK pace is like "fuckfuckfuckfuck" while we're at a pace of still getting the first letter out of our mouths

Their leader was spat out in two weeks and their cabinet in two days, meanwhile we've been waiting ages for veep picks

Things would move pretty fast here too if Obama was like "okay I'm resigning now because you people are idiots."

According to Morning Consult the only two states that flip from Obama to Trump are Ohio and... Maine.

As goes Maine...

Btw Pence has just reserved air time for his reelection bid, but that could easily be canceled in the event that he's the VP pick.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
According to Morning Consult the only two states that flip from Obama to Trump are Ohio and... Maine.

As goes Maine...

Btw Pence has just reserved air time for his reelection bid, but that could easily be canceled in the event that he's the VP pick.

The Indiana republican committee could just plug in the new candidate. I wouldn't look too much into this.

thefro

Things would move pretty fast here too if Obama was like "okay I'm resigning now because you people are idiots."

Keep in mind the Prime Minister can appoint whoever and that's it, and they still keep their Parliament seats. In the US the Pres has to vet everyone, get it approved by the Senate and if it's someone from Congress they'll have to resign their seat.

Iolo

Remember in 2012 when Ryan snuck out the back door of his house and through the woods to avoid the press before the VP pick was official?

after-artex-death.jpg

Keep in mind the Prime Minister can appoint whoever and that's it, and they still keep their Parliament seats. In the US the Pres has to vet everyone, get it approved by the Senate and if it's someone from Congress they'll have to resign their seat.

Also the Prime Minister can get a nationwide referendum scheduled as a political ploy that may actually end up breaking up the country when all is said and done!

So Rasssss still want to be mocked, you would think they had enough.

Major GarrettVerified account
‏@MajorCBS
#veepstakes mania watch 2 -- Marc Lotter, deputy campaign manager for @GovPenceIN on my flight from Indy to NYC. I'm sure just coincidence

Kinda dissapointed if it's Pence, go all in, orange asshole!

HylianTom

Banned
(Imagine this said in a Rex Harrison accent:) Damn damn damn.

@MajorCBS:
#veepstakes mania watch 2 -- Marc Lotter, deputy campaign manager for @GovPenceIN on my flight from Indy to NYC. I'm sure just coincidence

I'm sick of the media telling me what to think by distracting me with selective information. News about police violence and this killing du jour has inundated the airwaves. This is an issue but there are really far more pressing (and interesting) matters that the news could actually be talking about.

Dierce

Does anyone know how a campaign manager handles occurrences where the narrative becomes that your candidate is losing steam? I've heard that the most important perception among an electorate is who they believe will win and if this perception switches it can be devastating and hard to reverse. For the good of not only this country but the entire world I hope those who consider Clinton dishonest or untrustworthy will realize the great damage they will cause, irreversible damage, to us all if trump wins. You gain nothing by burning down your house. You gain nothing by giving power to ignorance, greed and bigotry. You are giving in to the same hatred and lies that fuels monsters like trump.

Teggy

Do people really move back and forth from one candidate to another week to week? Given the candidates here that seems almost impossible.

Boke1879

In the debates Clinton just needs to hit home her polices and messages. Don't get dragged into the BS that Trump will try to throw at her. GE debates aren't like primaries so it won't get too rowdy.

She needs to attack him on his language for sure but mostly focus on what she'll do as president. People like Obama, Biden, Bill, Bernie and Warren will make sure to attack Trump at every angle while showing the democratic party as more unified

studyguy

They don't? There was definitely an audience during the Obama "please proceed" debate.

Tha.. damnit beaten.

Anyway, I'd expect them both to be grilled hard given the kind of air surrounding their candidacies.
I only expect Clinton to hold up under genuine scrutiny though, throwing out insults isn't going to do shit in the general debates.

kingkitty

*breaking glass intro*

Christie comes out with a metal chair.

Pence in the ring looking shocked. No words coming out his mouth.

This isn't over yet!

studyguy

Facebook is live with Newt hosting.
Christie looks expectant, Pence looking as stern as ever.
Out of the shadows walks a sleepy looking Ben Carson to seal the deal and become VP.

The crowd goes mild with muted applause and a round of yawns.

Also I love that this has basically reached WWE levels of absurd situations.

In the debates Clinton just needs to hit home her polices and messages. Don't get dragged into the BS that Trump will try to throw at her. GE debates aren't like primaries so it won't get too rowdy.

She needs to attack him on his language for sure but mostly focus on what she'll do as president. People like Obama, Biden, Bill, Bernie and Warren will make sure to attack Trump at every angle while showing the democratic party as more unified

yeah, she should stick with policy and play it safe, with little jabs here and there on Trump. (Trump is a fragile lil boy, so that's all it takes.) Maybe just come out swinging when he is truly making egregious claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom