• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the movie/miniseries that's playing in my head, there are Arrested Development-style chicken dances and goofy incidental music. Maybe even a sloppy banner with the wrong name written on it. But I'm not sure who the narrator is yet.

The narrator is still Ron Howard.

"Meanwhile, at Trump campaign headquarters, Cory was getting some unwelcome news."

Trump hasn't decided yet and may not decide today (!)

CnWbT4cXYAAEfps.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/753679282031976449

Not the Onion:

Clinton campaign holding event at Pokestop

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is getting in on the Pokemon Go craze.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee’s campaign is holding an event at a Pokestop in Ohio on Saturday.

“Join us as we go to the Pokestop in Madison Park and put up a lure module, get free Pokemon, & battle each other while you register voters and learn more about Sec. Hillary Clinton!!!” the campaign website says.

Kusagari

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump announced he wished he had time to play augmented reality game Pokémon Go in an interview with the Washington Examiner.
When the outlet asked him whether he played the popular smartphone game, Trump replied, “I don’t, but people are playing it. No question about it. I do not. I wish I had time.”

Trump challenging Hillary for the Pokémon vote.

Kaine given his big chance to show how much he wants this, how important this election is to him aaaaanndddd....

tumblr_myso4hWqCO1qgco7qo2_r1_500.gif

3a0.gif

He sounded like a lame uncle talking at his nephew's wedding

Kaine given his big chance to show how much he wants this, how important this election is to him aaaaanndddd....

tumblr_myso4hWqCO1qgco7qo2_r1_500.gif

3a0.gif

He sounded like a lame uncle talking at his nephew's wedding

BUT I WANT A YOU'RE HIRED PRESIDENT.

He' sso boring .He's like vanilla ice cream. Ya I'll eat it. But fuck mane...gimme some syrup or something. Maybe some butter brickle. Chocolate fudge.

Fuck I want ice cream now.

This "Kaine is boring" stuff is nonsense, too. You wanna have a beer with the guy or do you want someone who can do the fucking job?

Every time we've gone with a boring candidate we've lost. Dukakis, Gore, Kerry; etc.

Kaine just doesn't seem like a guy who people will get behind. He's a general election loss waiting to happen. It would be a mistake to elevate him to VP because if we do, next cycle nobody will be able to compete with his backlog.

Iolo

Jesus fucking Christ, media. Way to blow your load early. If the goddamn PENCE CAMP ITSELF is unsure, there's no story here. Just endless circle jerking over scraps of information trying to divine the spontaneous actions of a lunatic tv personality.

It's too late, you already conceded.

Wilsongt

Tim Scott of SC said he was shocked his collegues didn't talk about the Sterling snd castile shootings, but were quick to honor the Dallas poljce.

Really? Do you know who the GOP are?

I've posted this here before but I'm posting it again because this needs to be said.

Disaster insurance is a $500 billion dollar industry subsidized by our federal government and they aren't even paying out to disaster victims.

This is what happens when we don't scrutinize our public institutions or hold them accountable. This is what Birdie Sanders is talking about when he speaks about corporations cozying up to an irreverent (or criminally cooperative) government and screwing the most vulnerable Americans: people who have lost their homes to disasters. These are Sandy Hook victims. We blamed Bush endlessly for Katrina but I've never heard anyone criticize Obama for this happening under his watch. We cannot turn a blind eye to injustice. And as far as injustices go, this is quantifiably a big deal. Until the offending government agencies reform the deal they have with insurance companies and allow people to contest decisions more frequently and more fairly, this needs to be a frontline issue. I don't see it being a frontline issue because our establishment media is on a black lives matter kick and email nonsense. But as soon as they want to make this an issue, they could do so instaneously.

It took Frontline and NPR a year to break this incredible story of fraud and deception and I haven't heard a peep out of the media. Fuck the media. Fuck the media. Turn off your TVs because you'll never get real news on it. Just lies, distortion, and deception. The media exists to tell you what to think and how to feel.

If you find a good source out there, tie yourself to the mast. This storm is rough and the siren songs are loud. NPR. Al Jazeera. Frontline. 60 Minutes. Rachel Maddow (she's an award winning journalist for a reason). Fareed Zakaria, when he's not busy cashing in on terrorism hysteria (but if you want a good look at that issue, he's still your man). Charlie Rose, on occasion. The Guardian (US edition) still breaks a lot of stories, and btw they broke the NSA story. Keep yourself informed but most importantly figure out who's an important spotlight on the country... And who's just a echo chamber for the fud machine.

And most importantly, once you get the signal from the noise, tell everyone you know. Share important stories. Be a signal repeater. Be a signal amplifier. Our society doesn't change until people know it needs to.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It's kinda a shame that this fad didn't start up closer to the election, because it would honestly be significant if most every voting location was a pokestop, and they all got special lures on them on voting day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom