• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can HillaryGAF please enlighten me as to what I can say to my liberal friends who ask me why they shouldn't vote for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein, without mentioning Hillary Clinton?

Do either of them have any ridiculous policies or major skeletons in their closets?

It unfortunately has to be long conversation, but step one is obviously explaining to them that our constitution is literally designed for a 2 party system, meaning their vote for a third party will always be a wasted vote unless the constitution somehow gets changed (which won't happen because neither party wants to change it).

Step 2 is explaining to them that rarely do people get to vote for the perfect candidate. Explain how minority groups vote D not because they think their candidates are perfect but because they are the ones most negatively affected by a Republican win.

Step 3 is asking them what makes them liberal. If it's social issues, explain to them in detail how Hillary has actually fought in favor of liberal social policy and gotten actual results while the other 3 candidates have literally no social policy accomplishments. If they bring up the views of the candidates emphasize the fact that actions speak louder than words and only 1 candidate has taken action to enact socially liberal policy.

If, for step 3, they instead say they are liberal for economic reasons, explain that objectively speaking Stein, Johnson, and Trump have all indicated that they want to enact policies that would destroy the economy. Explain that liberal economic policy will never get a chance in a destroyed economy.

Step 4 is explaining to them the 2000 election and how that proves that third parties do nothing except make the candidate least like the third party more likely to win.

Conclude by explaining to them that they essentially have 3 choices:

- Vote for the heavily flawed candidate who at worst is a player of the political game.

- Vote for the Bigot who literally has all the flaws of the heavily flawed D candidate, but has a million other flaws that the D candidate doesn't have.

- Write in someone else, vote third party, or don't vote. All of these are one option because they all have the same exact result.

Effect

Horrible news. :( Thoughts are with victims and their families. I was hoping this was some freak accident when I first heard this.

Cipherr

OH MY GOD

CnWL6VfUEAE95P8.jpg

HAHAHAHA

Seriously, where are the people that defended Bernie giving this nutbag attention? LMAO. What a joke.

Diablos

So according to this poll, Clinton can perform at the same level as Obama 08 in Pennsylvania, but with different voters. Democrats have lost their strength in the west/south west of Pennsylvania (outside of Pittsburgh), but according to this poll, are making up for it by crushing it in the Philly suburbs, where elections in Pennsylvania are generally determined. It makes sense too, the Philly suburbs are full of college educated voters, and, increasingly, minority voters (which it will be Clinton's job to get to the polls). In map form,

THDlUNS.png
I have been saying this for a while. Western PA is red, outside of Pittsburgh. Has been since 2008. Eastern PA is making up for it and has become a lot more blue. There's also more people.

Effect

I have been saying this for a while. Western PA is red, outside of Pittsburgh. Has been since 2008. Eastern PA is making up for it and has become a lot more blue. There's also more people.

Yup. You have a growing population of people coming further west from New Jersey and New York City. My family original came from NYC and I've seen the area we're in and the surrounding areas just grow and grow. A lot PA is red but a lot of those areas also are low in population compared to the east. There are also people that wouldn't vote for Obama for obvious reasons but might vote for Hillary.

itschris

Sahil Kapur
‏@sahilkapur

White House Press Secretary death-hugs Mike Pence, saying he “did important work with the administration to expand Medicaid in his state.”

Obama White House are masters of the death hug. Remember when they lavished praise on Jon Huntsman, guy they feared most, ahead of 2012?

Or during the 2016 GOP primary when Obama went out of his way to praise "a young man named Marco Rubio" for fighting for immigration reform.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/753668910071767040

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Let down that it's Pence. I know he has some baggage that's going to go national, but he does seem like the safe and smart choice of the three finalists. Pence also doesn't seem to be the idiot that Gingrich and Christie are.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Those Pokemon GO Trump threads really brought out the crazies... prompted me to finally check out PoliGAF. I'm hoping this is where the normal people are.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Effective for Trump.

Seriously, I think this is a terrible ad. The majority of the ad is simply re-airing portion of Trump's speeches and his criticisms of immigration; it's basically giving him free air time for his views. Trump's rivals kept trying this kind of ad throughout the GOP primary, and it always backfired!

After the past two days, I'm now convinced that Trump wins it in November. The Clinton campaign has no idea what it's doing.

Let me dispel this notion that the Clinton campaign knows what it's doing.

pigeon

Banned
Effective for Trump.

Seriously, I think this is a terrible ad. The majority of the ad is simply re-airing portion of Trump's speeches and his criticisms of immigration; it's basically giving him free air time for his views. Trump's rivals kept trying this kind of ad throughout the GOP primary, and it always backfired!

After the past two days, I'm now convinced that Trump wins it in November. The Clinton campaign has no idea what it's doing.

I feel like I should make an image macro that says "the GOP primary is not remotely similar to the general election."

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
oof, just read about the deaths in France. that's tragic :/

If anything, that thread makes me really look forward to OT on November 8th.

i'm not sure the sore losers will post much. FreeRepublic will be a gold mine, though

Many of us think that vid is funny for various reasons and it makes them think it's cool to come out lol.

thinking it's funny or not wasn't my issue, it was the sincere praise that got me

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Effective for Trump.

The GOP electorate isn't representative of the entire nation. How many times does this need to be pointed out?

shem935

Banned
Hey guys have you heard?! The general election is exactly the same as the GOP primary! Besides the fact you have to appeal to everyone instead of just crazy conservatives! And that Trump was always leading in the primary and now he isn't even after Clinton's worst week! And that Trump has no money, infrastructure, or GOTV operation, but you don't need that in a general right?

Totally similar!

Effective for Trump.

The general election is not the GOP primary

royalan

Effective for Trump.

It backfired in the REPUBLICAN primary. The general election is NOT made up of the extreme right wingers that turn out to vote in the R primaries.

By this logic we should all just lie down and roll out the red carpet for Trump because nothing worked on him in the primary.

Every time we've gone with a boring candidate we've lost. Dukakis, Gore, Kerry; etc.

Kaine just doesn't seem like a guy who people will get behind. He's a general election loss waiting to happen. It would be a mistake to elevate him to VP because if we do, next cycle nobody will be able to compete with his backlog.
He's not the candidate. And there's a fuller slate in 8 years.

Also he's not the candidate.

And did I mention he's not the candidate.

I don't get why everyone wants a running mate that will potentially overshadow the candidate.

Haven't you seen Veep.

Also anything that adam thinks is a good idea is probably a bad one. And vice versa.

Effective for Trump.

Yes, I'm sure the Clinton team did no focus testing for suburban women about which things that Trump said made them most disgusted.

Crocodile

Does she not know how to use Google? Also relevant comic from Twitter:

CnWjXNgXYAAJP8Q.jpg

OH MY GOD

HAHAHAHA

I hate this man so much

Probably a good idea but still........*cringe*

Those Pokemon GO Trump threads really brought out the crazies... prompted me to finally check out PoliGAF. I'm hoping this is where the normal people are.

Those sorts are threads are good for letting you know who are legit Trump supporters and thus making mental shit lists.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He's not the candidate. And there's a fuller slate in 8 years.

Also he's not the candidate.

And did I mention he's not the candidate.

I don't get why everyone wants a running mate that will potentially overshadow the candidate.

Haven't you seen Veep.

Also anything that adam thinks is a good idea is probably a bad one. And vice versa.
But what does his mom think?

User1608

Banned
Can't believe Pence is the guy...
thinking it's funny or not wasn't my issue, it was the sincere praise that got me
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant the supporters seeing people think the vid was funny (for any reason) really made them think it was cool to be out and genuine in their support of him. And yes, it's disheartening but unsurprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom