• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

I can't believe you guys are arguing about which kids rpg is the best
Did you just imply that Zelda is an RPG??

tumblr_inline_o47m5jOh1Q1sye7st_500.gif

daedalius

Obama and hill spitting hot fire at trump at the same time? Sheesh

Obama sounded legit pissed off, surprising. Well maybe not considering the sewage spilling out of trumps maw.

Best GOP president of recent decades? I don't think there's any argument. Such a great idea to contrast the GOP of the Clinton era with what's going on now.

Paul Ryan had to rebuke Trump again as well, per Politico (sorry).

I don't see how Ryan can hold the base in check with this sort of rhetoric. Trump's going to come right back at him for this.

People have talked about the GOP coalescing around its nominee, but I don't think they have. Whatever coalescing they've done has been reluctant at best, there are still people like Lamar Alexander who are openly implying that Trump won't make it through the convention as nominee, and their base has been whipped up into a frenzy and is ready to fight over Trump. I genuinely don't see how even the typical GOP playbook of obstruction and demonization of non-white, non-Christian, non-CIS, etc. people is going to sate the base.

On a non-political note, that new Zelda is fire and gives me life. Horizon and Breath of the Wind in back-to-back months will make my early 2017 a joyous time for gaming.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/clinton-braces-for-fight-on-trumps-terrain-224297

Hillary Clinton’s campaign knows a national conversation about terrorism will take place on Donald Trump’s terms.

That’s why Clinton is matching the presumptive GOP nominee speech for speech, interview for interview and sound bite for sound bite in the wake of Sunday’s mass shooting in Orlando.

Recognizing Trump’s ability to swallow news cycles whole — and his willingness to disregard the boundaries of mainstream debate — the presumptive Democratic nominee came well-prepared Monday for the political aftermath of the worst shooting in American history. She immediately neutralized one of his prime attacks by ditching her reluctance to say “radical Islam” and sought to corner the real estate developer into a conversation about specifics.

“Domestic terrorism is now going to be front and center, a top issue in this campaign, because of this tragedy — over national security and the economy,” said former New Mexico Gov. and U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Bill Richardson. “Trump tried to make hay out of the Paris tragedy, he tried to make political hay out of this tragedy. It’s the cornerstone of his strategy to try and draw light on his Muslim [immigration ban proposal].”

Trump already leads Clinton by 4 percentage points on the question of whom voters trust more to handle terrorism, according to Gallup. And many Democrats worry that his tough talk could resonate in the aftermath of a highly charged tragedy like Orlando.

Explains some of the reasons why Hillary is using the phrase radical Islam. I don't think president should use it and I don't think it Hillary really should either, but I see the reasoning.

Regardless, it was a good thing Bernie lost there is no way that he will be able to stand against Trump on the subject on terrorism and national security. He might just tie it with global income inequality and wallstreet. I very much doubt anyone will look at it that way.

Hillary does have a lead when it comes to foreign policy, leadership, and experience in some polls. This is something she will able to be strong at.

ApharmdX

Banned
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/clinton-braces-for-fight-on-trumps-terrain-224297

Explains some of the reasons why Hillary is using the phrase radical Islam. I don't think president should use it and I don't think it Hillary really should either, but I see the reasoning.

Regardless, it was a good thing Bernie lost their is no way that he will be able to stand against Trump on the subject on terrorism and national security. He might just tie it with global income inequality and wallstreet. I very much doubt anyone will look at it that way.

Hillary does have a lead when it comes to foreign policy, leadership, and experience in some polls. This is something she will able to be strong at.

I wish she hadn't caved to Trump's pressure on this one. The optics are bad. Obama never caved over eight years and that's a credit to him.

Regardless, it was a good thing Bernie lost their is no way that he will be able to stand against Trump on the subject on terrorism and national security. He might just tie it with global income inequality and wallstreet. I very much doubt anyone will look at it that way.

That's.. yeah a good point. I'm trying to imagine the speech right now but there isn't much to base this hypothetical speech on.

I wish she hadn't caved to Trump's pressure on this one. The optics are bad. Obama never caved over eight years and that's a credit to him.

Obama used the phrase multiple times just now, in a very similar context to Clinton. To point out that an argument about semantics does fuck all to prevent terrorism.

Jake Rapper: "I can't help but think that maybe if Obama felt like Hillary Clinton were successfully making the case that Donald Trump is not fit to be president, he would not be so eager to jump into the newsroom."

Just fuuuuuuck offffff

Jake Tapper (CNN) just said that he believes Obama had to make this speech because he lacks confidence with how Hillary are handling responding to Trump.

That whole fucking network is a joke. Sad!

It couldn't possibly be because Trump is shitting on his entire legacy, could it?

NOOOO. The poor widdle woman needs da big strong man to defend her.

I think Americans forget that the video game industry didn't crash in Europe like it did the states, and that Nintendo never rode in on a white horse to save our gaming industry. I don't know anyone my age range who had experience with the old Nintendo stuff because we were all playing on spectrums, Commodores, amigas and Atari sts. The biggest console from my teenage years was the Sega Megadrive.

I was a huge ST and then Amiga gamer. I came to Mario with SMB3 right after college, when I decided to see if the console scene was any better than it had been in the early 80s (when computer versions on C64 and Atari 800 were almost always better). SMB1, 3, World won me over. Still don't like mste 8 bit and 16 bit platformers though.

pigeon

Banned
Interesting point in this poll that Bernie does 3 points better, directly from Trump's support. Suggests that when Bernie endorses there's still room for Hillary to climb over 50.

Also notable that if the question is "who do you expect to win" Hillary leads by 14 points.

Also, Hillary now leading Baby Hands by 4 points in "If you had to choose between these two candidates, who would you lean toward supporting? [AMONG THOSE WHO DON’T SUPPORT CLINTON OR TRUMP]"

ampere

Jake Tapper (CNN) just said that he believes Obama had to make this speech because he lacks confidence with how Hillary are handling responding to Trump.

That whole fucking network is a joke. Sad!

CNN doesn't want to lose their press credentials with Trump

What babies

Trunm is using a home grown attack as an excuse to ban a group of immigrants.

Everything else aside, this is just illogical. Is the media calling him out on it? Makes zero fucking sense.

NeoXChaos

Mark Murray ‏@mmurraypolitics 4h4 hours ago
Mark Murray Retweeted Dante Chinni
If Sanders loses DC tonight, it means he would have lost 8 out of final 11 primary/caucus races

Sanders campaign ends with a blowout but not the one he wanted. What a fitting end.

pigeon

Banned
Who gives a shit about the phrasing? Obama's speech is literally about how everybody waffling around about what phrase we use to talk should shut the hell up because it totally doesn't matter. That applies to people on every side of the aisle!

Teggy

I don't think Bush even used "radical Islamic terror."

This is a bad bad look for Hillary. At least from my perspective.

All she said was that she could technically say the words but that calling it a different thing doesn't make any difference. People need to stop having a cow over this. I doubt she will be using those words going forwards.

Benchmark posted their current Presidential map and its delightful. Pretty much everything we've dreamed of except Georgia. Getting Kansas for the first time since '64 would more than make up for:

Ck7WxXeW0AAZDal.jpg

The ex-wife helped Omar scout the place and was with him when he was buying ammunition. She said she pleaded with him to not do it.

She is an accessory to murder.

teiresias

All she said was that she could technically say the words but that calling it a different thing doesn't make any difference. People need to stop having a cow over this. I doubt she will be using those words going forwards.

Frankly, I've never really understood the reticence to use the term on the part of Democrats and Liberals so long as they used other adjectives for other terrorism. I mean, the use of the "radical" adjective by default segregates them from "mainstream" or "non-radical" followers of Islam. However, if we're going to use the term at all, then we need to use similar terms to describe other forms of terrorism and broaden the definition.

You can't use the term and then ONLY consider acts perpetrated by radical Islamists as terrorism and classify anything home-grown, right-wing or "Radical Christian" as simply criminal, non-terrorist acts. Start using the adjectives paired with "Terrorism" to describe it, because that's what it is. If the right can't handle it when an act of terrorism is billed as "Radical Right Terrorism" or "Radical Christian Terrorism" then shut they hell up about wanting an adjective to describe it at all.

It's a loaded term that will piss off our Arab allies & lead to more anti-Muslim sentiment within the U.S.

It's worth having a cow over this.

I've never heard anyone use the term radical "Christian" terrorist to describe the Charleston murders. Why not? Because a lot of Christians would have been offended that their views were being aligned with that racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom