• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reviewing your post history it is pretty clear that this is a fishing expedition to see whether PoliGAF will agree with a straightforwardly dumb and inflammatory argument.

That accusation could be leveled against a lot of people in here. I don't see why people have all of sudden decided Sanders doesn't have to take responsibility and own up to how he contributed to the unsavory rhetoric associated with his campaign, instead of backing out in this fashion.

Oh well, looking forward to the Thursday Bernie topic in OT, posted entirely to promote worthwhile discussion and not to harvest salt.

I got to the city with the windmill then died of boredom
Anyone wanna guess where i stopped? I stop there every time and can't make myself continue

It takes 5 minutes to beat. Also play Majora's Mask. It's the best Zelda game! Don't debate me on this.
Never played

You'd miss me.

It's aged pretty well. The 3DS version is good
I played it on the Wii and on a 64.. I liked it and it was fun.. But couldn't get past one part of the game.

Take a guess

Slayven

We get it. You don't really know much about video games. We understand. Comics. You're all over it. But videogames are not your thing. It's okay.

You youngins don't know good games

2658265-aerotheacrobat_snespal.jpg

CCS

Banned
Allowable best video games ever:

-Age of Empires 2
-Civ 5
-The Last of Us

Any other answers are wrong.

EDIT: Actually, Sunless Sea is allowable too.

gcubed

Man, both Bernie berating and Nintendo loving, how do you guys survive with the interval conflict of hating and loving irrelevant overrated crap at the same time

I mean, I get adam, that kind of taste is expected

CCS

Banned
Man, both Bernie berating and Nintendo loving, how do you guys survive with the interval conflict of hating and loving irrelevant overrated crap at the same time

My man. Nintendo are more overrated than the revolution and less likely to produce anything worthwhile.

-Age of Empires 2
-Civ 5
-The Last of Us

Is it wrong I enjoyed Civ Rev.. Because I played on console and only on console?

Damn.. Adam's shitty taste is legendary now.

Zelda gave me LIFE!

Someone needs to cryo-freeze me until it comes out.
Say hi to the otters

CCS

Banned
Is it wrong I enjoyed Civ Rev.. Because I played on console and only on console?

Damn.. Adam's shitty taste is legendary now.

That is allowable. It's obviously not as good but it was still kinda fun.

Contrary to my PC gaming pretensions, I game almost entirely on my PS4.

Gruco

Banned
Hillary and Nintendo: Tried, tested, and reliable. Has been on your side for the last 25 years, regardless of whether or not you realize it. Maybe not "hip" but able to inspire lifelong loyalty and beloved by its inner circle.

Bernie and dudebro gaming: The hot new thing, loved by 20 year olds with no real sense of perspective on life. Excessively dismissive of legacy content for not being "cool enough". Basically, this stuff is for manchildren.

Trump and Gamergaters: Walking cancer.

No, I don't think it's misleading. I think the number of civilian guns in a country is probably directly correlated to gun ownership, and probably more important than gun ownership in determining correlation to crimes used by gun owners (since there are so many illegally held weapons and gun crimes occur from people who shouldn't have them like minors).

The 'households with guns' stat doesn't differentiate between legally and illegally owned guns.

Like I said, I'm sure that graph wouldn't look much different, but guns per 100,000 people and number of gun owners do not have a linear relationship.

In the last 40 years, the number of guns per 100,000 people has gone up, and the number of gun owners has gone down. It's important to remember this because it helps negate claims that more guns = less crime... but if we're going to make that argument, it's difficult to then use that same misleading data to say more guns = more crime.

That's all I'm getting at. I'd love for someone to put together the equivalent chart based on gun owners, because like I said I don't think it will look too different. Fingers crossed some of our statistics nerds get the data and plot it out. I haven't got the time or the motivation right now.

-Age of Empires 2
-Civ 5
-The Last of Us

You better add Resident Evil 4 to that list.

User1608

Banned
Zelda has made me soooo happy. Best game series.

Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games ever!😃😃😃

RE4 is third and still stands as top tier stuff.

Can everyone please keep this off-topic thread on-topic? I don't even play video games.

The 'households with guns' stat doesn't differentiate between legally and illegally owned guns.

Like I said, I'm sure that graph wouldn't look much different, but guns per 100,000 people and number of gun owners do not have a linear relationship.

In the last 40 years, the number of guns per 100,000 people has gone up, and the number of gun owners has gone down. It's important to remember this because it helps negate claims that more guns = less crime... but if we're going to make that argument, it's difficult to then use that same misleading data to say more guns = more crime.

That's all I'm getting at. I'd love for someone to put together the equivalent chart based on gun owners, because like I said I don't think it will look too different. Fingers crossed some of our statistics nerds get the data and plot it out. I haven't got the time or the motivation right now.

You better add Resident Evil 4 to that list.
Ok, well, I'm making a strictly binary argument about gun bans and murder rates.

I mean, I'm not gonna endorse all of those views, but SM3DW is an absolutely fantastic game that everyone should play, especially with friends.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zelda has made me soooo happy. Best game series.

Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are my favorite games ever!😃😃😃

RE4 is third and still stands as top tier stuff.

Seriously, it was so beautiful. I cannot wait, I need it now. They need to cut it out with the pokemon already and go back to Zelda!

Facebook was not suppressing conservative media. They did a thorough investigation and found the allegation to not be true. They did a big outreach event to conservative groups which went well.

You are spouting nonsense conspiracy theories without a single trace of evidence, fact or even reason behind them.

Statements from former curators; http://gizmodo.com/former-facebook-workers-we-routinely-suppressed-conser-1775461006

I was not aware they did a "thorough investigation". You're not refering to this are you?: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...hanges-trending-topics-anti-conservative-bias

Come on. Self-policing is not thorough investigation, and if you want to belittle with regurgitating "conspiracy theory" everywhere, you have to do better than that. That's just the equivalent of drive-by shitposting. It's just hand waving off testimonials from former employees who was there. At the very least you'd want a neautral third party investigation.
Hasn't Facebook been involved in scandals like this in the past as well?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Watching Twitter.

Did Hillary really just mention that the Shooter was Born in Queens just like Trump?

Because that's amazing.

We've reached the point where a person can't get on an airplane with a full bottle of shampoo, but where a person being investigated by the FBI for suspected terrorism can buy a gun with no questions asked.

YASSS QUEEN.

OMG

"None of this will be easy .And none of this will be helped by anything Donald has to say."

DRAG HIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom