• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

The major political task that we face in the next five months is to make certain that Donald Trump is defeated and defeated badly. And I personally intend to begin my role in that process in a very short period of time.

But defeating Donald Trump cannot be our only goal. We must continue our grassroots efforts to create the America that we know we can become. And we must take that energy into the Democratic National Convention on July 25 in Philadelphia where we will have more than 1,900 delegates.

I recently had the opportunity to meet with Secretary Clinton and discuss some of the very important issues facing our country and the Democratic Party. It is no secret that Secretary Clinton and I have strong disagreements on some very important issues. It is also true that our views are quite close on others. I look forward, in the coming weeks, to continued discussions between the two campaigns to make certain that your voices are heard and that the Democratic Party passes the most progressive platform in its history and that Democrats actually fight for that agenda. I also look forward to working with Secretary Clinton to transform the Democratic Party so that it becomes a party of working people and young people, and not just wealthy campaign contributors: a party that has the courage to take on Wall Street, the pharmaceutical industry, the fossil fuel industry and the other powerful special interests that dominate our political and economic life.

That is the bullshit that makes me really dislike Sanders as person.

This is as close to a concession as we're goign to get.

Now he's giving us his demands again. Because he's the only person who cares about equal pay for equal work. You know NOT THE FUCKING WOMAN WHO IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

He doesn't have more than 1900 delegates on Google? He's 19 short of that.

Also seriously why does anyone give a shit about the "platform" as if it's going to matter.

Iolo

Rip the bandaid off Bernie

Anyway like I said earlier, it's the crazy meme that dropping out destroys all your leverage and gives you no voice at the convention .... imagine this guy negotiating on the world stage.

What he's going to do is stay in until the convention, get a handful of concessions, and go on stage acting like he's god almighty and solely responsible for every aspect of the platform. That way, he feels important, and special and valued, because he's a delicate little flower.

Hes never said help Hillary win...just defeat Donald Trump.

AND NOW HE'S ATTACKING THE ENTIRE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AGAIN.

OMG!

We had a 50 state strategy while you were a fucking Independent from Vermont. I never saw you out on the fucking stump for people, Bernie.

UGH.

ampere

when you read a Kristoffer post and it's too much fire

image.php

Effect

I do like that Hillary isn't waiting on him. I was happy to read that she and her team took control of the DNC today and she's going up with ads in the battleground states. I wouldn't be surprised he just burnt the last that was available to him going forward. He had an out to save face and still be able to push his agenda through in different ways but he's ignore it. He'll be accomplishing nothing pushing this to the convention. You don't get your agenda done, at least not in the way you want, by tossing shit at the very people and organization that would be in the best position to get it done. Sanders seems completely incapable of understanding that. That's not showing him being a fighter as his hardcore supporters interpret it. That's being a lone wolf who would rather have purity test and bark instead of actually getting something done.

While I agree with what he's saying, I disagree with how he's saying it. Because, again, it's all about fraud...not, you know, that his supporters never fucking show up to down ballot races.

Kemal86

He could have very easily given this call to action (which is great!) without shitting all over the party. No need for that whatsoever.

kirblar

I do like that Hillary isn't waiting on him. I was happy to read that she and her team took control of the DNC today and she's going up with ads in the battleground states. I wouldn't be surprised he just burnt the last that was available to him going forward. He had an out to save face and still be able to push his agenda through in different ways but he's ignore it. He'll be accomplishing nothing pushing this to the convention. You don't get your agenda done, at least not in the way you want, by tossing shit at the very people and organization that would be in the best position to get it done. Sanders seems completely incapable of understanding that. That's not showing him being a fighter as his hardcore supporters interpret it. That's being a lone wolf who would rather have purity test and bark instead of actually getting something done.
It's never been about his Agenda. It's been about Bernie. He's the ultimate scrub- he doesn't think he should be losing because he doesn't think he's doing anything wrong.

fauxtrot

Banned
I used to think Bernie was trying to keep things overly simplified for his most fanatical supporters (young people new to politics), but the more he speaks the more I worry that he believes some of the stuff he says. How do you work in Congress for as long as he has and not understand things like why the Democrats lose during midterm elections?

User1608

Banned
Shitting on Trump is appreciated but crapping on the rest of the Democrats and DNC, not so much, even if wasn't as harsh as in the past.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is not meant to be tasteless but could the death of that MP in Britain motivate the Stay vote?

olympia

This is not meant to be tasteless but could the death of that MP in Britain motivate the Stay vote?

yeah that's what i was thinking. the narrative from the stay vote right now is that the brexit vote is full of unhinged nationalists and the tragic turn of events would theoretically galvanize that sentiment.

Oh Bernie...

Opposed to landing the plane on a wide cushy runway at O'Hare you skidded to a stop at the edge of a perpendicular runway at Midway. Backwards. For the safety of the passengers they're at least close to rescue.

Iolo

yeah that's what i was thinking. the narrative from the stay vote right now is that the brexit vote is full of unhinged nationalists and the tragic turn of events would theoretically galvanize that sentiment.

By several percentage points though? Remain seems to be down pretty far, there would need to be a huge swing.

teiresias

At this point I'm fine with Bernie being a sore loser all the way up to the Convention. That basically just means I won't have to worry about having to listen to him give a speech at any point during the thing.

That line about "having courage to stand with me" is utter trash, btw.

So, his strategy is basically not to concede that he lost. (Because Bernie cannot lose or fail. All hail Berdie). Pretend that Hillary didn't win (Because he's never once congratulated for for being the nominee OR for being the first woman to lead a major political party's ticket). He'll stay in until the convention, get a few token bones on the platform committee, and then act like the great savior of liberalism.

Random thoughts:

He never congratulated Hillary on winning.
Never acknowledged it was historic. (And his candidacy was historic too, so he could have said something about both of them.)
Never admitted that it was over.
Keeps clinging to all of us being establishment.
And never once said he would help Hillary win, only that he'd help defeat Trump.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, his strategy is basically not to concede that he lost. (Because Bernie cannot lose or fail. All hail Berdie). Pretend that Hillary didn't win (Because he's never once congratulated for for being the nominee OR for being the first woman to lead a major political party's ticket). He'll stay in until the convention, get a few token bones on the platform committee, and then act like the great savior of liberalism.

Random thoughts:

He never congratulated Hillary on winning.
Never acknowledged it was historic. (And his candidacy was historic too, so he could have said something about both of them.)
Never admitted that it was over.
Keeps clinging to all of us being establishment.
And never once said he would help Hillary win, only that he'd help defeat Trump.

Did anyone really expect any of that?

Why is Tim Ryan on Hillary's VP shortlist?

Mentored by a NeoNazi dude bought by the mob and extremely anti-abortion? lolwtf

1. Perez
2. Warren
3. Eric Garcetti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom