• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Any other candidate who joked about having their opponent shot would be done immediately. This is just ridiculous.

I knew I could count on this orange maniac to cut through Olympics coverage with yet another beyond-the-pale remark!

And it only took him inciting the kookiest Americans among us to violence against their own democratically-elected government!

Let's hope none of those nutbars in Trump's audiences have ever read The Pelican Brief, or they might get ideas.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Paul Manafort going back to what he's good at though!

Have to play to your strengths as a campaign manager and assassination is his.

giphy.gif

Jesus, now we have Trump arguing Hillary/judges should be assassinated if she wins. Will the death threat be treated as such in the course of the day/week or will Trump survive through yet another "well he didn't explicitly say it, so we can't pass judgement" scenario?

Now I know what that gay staffer who did all of Queen's oppo feels like. I'm giving hot takes on the polling, and ya'll talking about... : looks up :

HE FUCKING SAID WHAT

Crisco

Banned
Now I know what that gay staffer who did all of Queen's oppo feels like. I'm giving hot takes on the polling, and ya'll talking about... : looks up :

HE FUCKING SAID WHAT

Wasn't there a huge leak of all the DNCs oppo research on Trump? It's not like it was a difficult job lol

I'm imagining Paul Ryan doing some mundane task in the house, ordering some interns around and just generally trying to do his job.

When his cell phone buzzes with a text from someone.

He looks at it, sighs

"For the love of. COME ON"

Crocodile

Welp that pivot sure did last a long time didn't folks :p

What he said about the Second Amendment was just vague enough that he and supporters will say he meant they should vote for him. Really not how it comes off though.

The problem is that if she's in a position to be selecting SC justices, that means there has already been a vote and Clinton has won. The power of the vote is irrelevant in this scenario. Therefore.......

EDIT: I guess I'm late on this point :p

I'm loving that Trump supporters have like 5 different narratives for what Trump was really trying to say there. Stick with a story!

Emarv

Any time someone tries to spin this on CNN, they should respond with "well, many people have said he actually meant..."

TS-08

Welp that pivot sure did last a long time didn't folks :p

The problem is that if she's in a position to be selecting SC justices, that means there has already been a vote and Clinton has won. The power of the vote is irrelevant in this scenario. Therefore.......

Oh I agree. But someone in the OT thread is already spinning it that way. When you're desperate, logic doesn't matter.

The more I think of it, the more I'm sure the Trump spin will rely heavily on pointing to Hillary's Bobby Kennedy quote. Not that it's the same thing, but prepare for it.

Nah, that dude is weeping openly at this point.

You just DON'T UNDERSTAND, man. Do you KNOW how much dirt I have on him? It would have ruined his career if he didn't ALREADY RUIN it on his own!!!

Pages and PAGES! Just sitting there. LAUGHING AT ME. FUCK YOU OPPO FILES. FUCK YOU. 6 MONTHS FOR WHAT!?!?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You just DON'T UNDERSTAND, man. Do you KNOW how much dirt I have on him? It would have ruined his career if he didn't ALREADY RUIN it on his own!!!

Pages and PAGES! Just sitting there. LAUGHING AT ME. FUCK YOU OPPO FILES. FUCK YOU. 6 MONTHS FOR WHAT!?!?

He's probably got a warehouse of that shit, like at the end of Raider's, just sitting there in boxes upon boxes, never to be used.

Emarv

Mook's response. Right on the money,

Gabriel DebenedettiVerified account
‏@gdebenedetti
JUST IN: Statement from Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook responding to Trump's "second amendment" line

CpcVB3SUsAAir1o.jpg

He can't pivot or reset, folks. This is who he is.

If he had been running a semi decent campaign this may have just been overlooked/dismissed as a joke. Instead it's going to be trending on twitter soon, NBC and others picked up on it immediately, etc.

I'm listening to the BBC on the NPR and they cut to it 10 minutes ago. Media is getting better and picking up this.

Plouffe is Nostradamus:

David Plouffe ‏@davidplouffe 7h7 hours ago
When neutered and semi scripted Trump does not improve his close to fatal position in the race, have to assume the crazy comes out big time

David Plouffe ‏@davidplouffe 11m11 minutes ago
How dare the biased media report Trump suggested Hillary Clinton be assassinated when he did just that.

Crocodile

I think that's the fastest the Trump campaign has ever responded to any controversy they've made. Of course the response was SHIT but I "appreciate" the speed of the response :p

Geg

So uh... just how good is security & secret service protection at campaign events and such? I'd already been worried about some crazy Trump fan trying something this election and now I am even more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom