• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump campaign already has a statement out. They know he fucked up.

CpcVW6mVYAAGtzX.jpg

Someone needs to plot a course to where this makes sense.

So uh... just how good is security & secret service protection at campaign events and such? I'd already been worried about some crazy Trump fan trying something this election and now I am even more

After 8 years of Obama I have to imagine the SS is on top of their game.

Wasn't there a huge leak of all the DNCs oppo research on Trump? It's not like it was a difficult job lol
My recollection is that it was specifically what the DNC had as of last summer, which is presumably radically less than what Hillary has now. There's no telling what or whom they've uncovered.

I think that's the fastest the Trump campaign has ever responded to any controversy they've made. Of course the response was SHIT but I "appreciate" the speed of the response :p

I'm imagining a Veep episode where his staff is screaming expletives as everyone starts scrambling for a decent response.

User1608

Banned
I reacted with such disgust...I am shocked. This is the worst I've felt since his announcement speech. Holy shit. What the fuck is wrong with him?

HylianTom

Banned
Traveling with family in Maryland/DC, so I can only jump in and out of here quickly.

- the Tampa-shooter-at-Clinton-rally story just got suffocated.
- I'm no longer "highly skeptical" of the House.
- this might be the straw for many GOP elected folk.
- they're terrified of losing the court. Duh. It's in their heads.
- holy. Fucking. Shit. I can't believe this.

Just some sporadic takes unrelated to this, by the way.

1) Just heard Donald Trump say today that Hillary Clinton is going to double everyone's taxes. He repeated this two more times. That's wrong! She has a tax increase for people making $5mil+ and that's it. That's just so blatantly false. What the hell!

2) I wonder what Hillary would look like without hair coloring? I might Photoshop this later for everyone's amusement.

3) former senator Scott Brown on Fox just said "Hillary Clinton has nothing in her plan for the middle class. She just wants to transfer wealth." ... Scott, that's exactly the only way to help the middle class!

4) Scott also just said re: tax cuts "It worked for JFK, it worked for Ronald Reagan, and it worked for Bill Clinton..." So why didn't it work for George W. Bush? Lol.

thefro

Bayh up 58-32 according to leaked Democrat internal polling.

He's just terrible, but still a +1 vote for many bills.

Gregg up over Holcomb 46-39 for Governor too, which means Gregg would only need to get 1/5th of the remaining undecideds to win.

Holcomb only has $1.2 million Pence gave him so he's got limited funding at the moment.

Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538 1m1 minute ago
Nate Silver Retweeted 538 politics
dümpsterfeuer is the German word for dumpster fire

HAHAHAHAHA

Sibylus

Banned
It's also in his campaign manager's wheelhouse! How do you think he won all those elections in Eastern Europe?

That too. What sets Trump apart from other autocratic leaders is that he's incompetent, alienates people, and lacks the self control to speak to the crowd without saying everything on his mind.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just some sporadic takes unrelated to this, by the way.

1) Just heard Donald Trump say today that Hillary Clinton is going to double everyone's taxes. He repeated this two more times. That's wrong! She has a tax increase for people making $5mil+ and that's it. That's just so blatantly false. What the hell!

Yep. They're flatout lying now. It's expected but bizarre in how blatant it is.

If Trump falls behind by 12+ points, I think he'll lose by 20 points on election day because Trump voters will be too discouraged to show up.

No way. These are the people who are true believers. It'll be the guys soft on him or not voting for him but normally would vote GOP that will stay home (unless they vote Hillary).

mo60

If Trump falls behind by 12+ points, I think he'll lose by 20 points on election day because Trump voters will be too discouraged to show up.

I'm actually curious to see if what happened to david duke in 1991 happens to Trump this time. The polls were way off in the 1991 governor race.

Trump has no incentive to play it safe to maintain a 6 point loss for the GOP because he doesn't care about the party, he'll keep saying crazy or high-risk things out of frustration or in a strategy that will dig him deeper into the hole. This won't affect him (what's the difference between being down 6 and down 15 for Trump), but will be devastating for the GOP.

No way. These are the people who are true believers. It'll be the guys soft on him or not voting for him but normally would vote GOP that will stay home (unless they vote Hillary).

Well, I include the second group as Trump supporters too.

But Trump's base of people, the Red Hats, are losers who get discouraged really easily.

kess

Stuff like this is making me wonder what the fuck the GOP rump is going to look like after the election. They've raised Breitbart to prominence, and you've get Jeb's kid having supported this idiot.

daedalius

Ex-CIA director saying Trump could be arrested for 2nd amendment comments lmao holy shit

This is insane

Well, isn't that exactly what happens to a mere mortal when they say something/post something on the internet like this?

Offhandedly calling for an assassination of a presidential candidate/president/appointed judge SHOULD get you arrested.

royalan

Am I reading this correctly?

Did Trump suggest someone take Hillary Clinton out?

How is he even still allowed to run?

This is scary.

Sibylus

Banned
Food for thought: The man that plunged the world into the most pointless, destructive war in modern history was competent enough to wait until he was in private to start suggesting his political rivals be bumped off.

Trump isn't.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

This is scary.

Either her or the judges she picked, it wasn't clear who he was referring to.

This is scary.

There are three interpretations:

1. Hillary should be assassinated.
2. The Justices Hillary appoints should be assassinated
3. The Republican base should respond to Court decisions they don't like with armed resistance and possible Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom