• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
A straight white Christian conservative coworker is loudly telling everyone how Hillary invited the Orlando shooter's father to her Orlando rally. Asked if that was true, he said Hillary herself admitted to it.

A simple Google yields the answer:
When questioned whether Clinton's campaign knew he was going to the event and sitting directly behind the presidential candidate, Mateen said, " It's a Democratic party, so everyone can join."
An official with the Clinton campaign said, "The rally was a 3,000-person, open-door event for the public. This individual wasn't invited as a guest and the campaign was unaware of his attendance until after the event."
Stay desperate.
http://www.wptv.com/news/state/orlando-shooters-father-attends-hillary-clinton-rally-in-kissimmee

Over on Twitter, Nate Silver is pointing out that he's got Q as Lean +4 GOP. This makes the adjusted numbers:

FL: C+5
OH: C+8
PA: C+14

I still would guess that FL and OH would be flipped, but yeah, that generally seems to match the state of the race.

Iolo

They're prepping for the future already.

I also got my mom to register this year after she's been in the US for over 30 years. It was really sad to me that when I was a kid, the only person in my family and extended family who had ever voted was my father (in 1996). Asians just didn't really care.

Indeed. That's why it is important to register people in future battleground states that she is unlikely to win this year, while the iron is hot, as it were.

Also Reuters/Ipsos still sucks

Over on Twitter, Nate Silver is pointing out that he's got Q as Lean +4 GOP. This makes the adjusted numbers:

FL: C+5
OH: C+8
PA: C+14

I still would guess that FL and OH would be flipped, but yeah, that generally seems to match the state of the race.

This set of polls don't see to have the same lean that the earlier Q-polls did. In '08 Obama won Ohio by 4 points and supposedly the midwest has drifted right since then. Clinton +8 there would imply like a 12-14 point Clinton lead nationally.

teiresias

Front page of HuffPo is hilarious. "I'll only debate if moderators are 'fair'."

Which probably, in Trumpese, means they can't be female.

This set of polls don't see to have the same lean that the earlier Q-polls did. In '08 Obama won Ohio by 4 points and supposedly the midwest has drifted right since then. Clinton +8 there would imply like a 12-14 point Clinton lead nationally.

They switched from RV to an LV screen.

Iolo

Well, Marist polls will be out in a couple hours.

So, looking at the Florida numbers....they have the electorate as slightly less Hispanic than in 2012...but the big thing is their gender breakdown.

In 2012 it was 55% women, 45% men.
Qunnipiac has decided it's going to be 51/49.

Ecotic

C'mon media, play this endlessly on cable news. It's a perfect, short, and damning soundbite. When a politician is drowning, throw them an anchor.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So, looking at the Florida numbers....they have the electorate as slightly less Hispanic than in 2012...but the big thing is their gender breakdown.

In 2012 it was 55% women, 45% men.
Qunnipiac has decided it's going to be 51/49.

There it is. Thanks, Adam, These percentages make no sense against the real electorate. This could be huge for Hillary.

TS-08

What he said about the Second Amendment was just vague enough that he and supporters will say he meant they should vote for him. Really not how it comes off though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom