• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Why not both?

donald_trump_wink.jpg

The biggest problem with a Christian Taliban is that these guys are already armed to the teeth.

We have so many weapons that a major right-wing terror organization could probably do fairly well for a few years.

This absolutely goes sooooo far beyond what should be acceptable. The most dangerous single statement I've personally heard from the man. I know he's made dozens of typically campaign ending statements but suggesting armed revolt if his competition wins. The Republicans know he is likely going to lose, they need to put an end to this type of rhetoric or official unendorse the man but I know that won't happen.

Geg

At what point does this rhetoric get so bad that authorities actually have to step in and stop him? Isn't this essentially inciting violence?

TS-08

At what point does this rhetoric get so bad that authorities actually have to step in and stop him? Isn't this essentially inciting violence?

This is definitely the most dangerous thing he has said. Don't know if anyone will go after him legally though.

Holy crap. PoliGAF not sold on FFXV. Yeah, I feel the same way. This might be the first single player FF I don't buy right away. It's kind of depressing.

Dramatis, just because we have different tastes in other games doesn't mean we wouldn't agree. I think your concerns are pretty universal across the fan base. It's not more of a polarized opinion i.e. FF12.

teiresais, I see what you mean but XIII, love it it not, was all Lightning all the time. I think they are going with the four bros to balance things out. Not that I agree with that approach. At least one could have been female.

I want it to not suck but the gameplay looks so dull sometimes. The QTE crap especially. Why Squeenix, why.

Back to politics... I'm not too worried about the shooter's dad being at a rally. Crazy that he was able to get right behind Hillary, he has said and done some batshit things in the past. I worry for her safety more than optics or something.

I feel exactly the same way. It's so bizarre for me to not be excited about an upcoming mainline FF, but I just can't be, based on everything that's been shown so far, which has mostly been a huge disappointment to me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I guess the media has their coverage for the next day or two. Knowing Trump, he'll probably make it worse as well and prolong it out for the rest of the week.

Only a week? He could squeeze two out of this one if he tried.

I feel exactly the same way. It's so bizarre for me to not be excited about an upcoming mainline FF, but I just can't be, based on everything that's been shown so far, which has mostly been a huge disappointment to me.

I literally haven't been hyped since 12. There's nothing about the games after that one that appeal to me as a human being.

TS-08

No I think the natural defense is that it's just a joke lighten up.

Here's what Benjy Sarlin tweeted:

Tomorrow's spin today: Trump just meant Second Amendment activists should vote against her in November.

That's not what he said, though...

And I agree that'll be the spin. You can't spin this as a joke. Not even Trump.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What an idiotic statement to make. Just unreal. He can't help but top himself.

The odds of him saying something like this in a debate keeps rising.

Also, looking at the Florida poll....Trump is getting 20% of the non-white vote (they don't break it down further). That's...that's unlikely, but whatever. Also, looking at Florida, they have her losing white college educated voters by 9 points. Which would be in line with (or a slight improvement) over Romney and McCain. In the other two polls, she's winning white, college educated voters by 10 points (Ohio) and 15 points (in PA).

Also, Hillary and Trump's favorable/unfavorables are tied (but only in Florida). I wish they'd give me a breakdown by race.

Emarv

This is the only route he could take. If he even pushes it as a joke, he's screwed. You don't joke about murdering her.

Can't see how that makes sense. This was about if she was president. Too late for 2nd amendment folks to vote for him if Clinton is already president.

Closer to a day and a half.

At least it was longer than the post-RNC pivot, where he went off the rails more or less at breakfast the next day.

Dude can't help himself. If he could go back to Feb/March, he should have invested in mental conditioning exercises to help train his brain to read a teleprompter.

Emarv

Kayleigh just spun it on CNN saying "He's referring to the NRA, the most powerful lobby in America. If anybody can stop Hillary, it's them".

Then basically sighed right before the commercial cutaway, haha.

Also, the gun laws Tim Kaine would sign into law after an assassination of the POTUS would pretty fucking hardcore so this is bad political strategy too.

They'd have to kill Hillary and Kaine at the same time.

Kayleigh just spun it on CNN saying "He's referring to the NRA, the most powerful lobby in America. If anybody can stop Hillary, it's them".

Then basically sighed right before the commercial cutaway, haha.

Fuck that noise. Fuck any republican trying to spin this any way but the obvious. This shit is too dangerous to try and duck.

For anyone who is afraid of the Trump comeback, today should show why that's a pretty long shot to happen.

Trump is going to say more idiotic things as this keeps going on and the media has finally shunned him for it and they won't stop.

I don't see how people change their minds to voting for him if they haven't already.

Trump is such a fucking idiot. I don't know why every strategist still working for the RNC hasn't assaulted him with expletives in private. Let's recap, GAF:

His last economic policy was going to increase the debt by $10 trillion dollars, slash spending, and was essentially blended nonsense. He just now walked that back with a well rehearsed speech written word for word by conservative strategists into a vanilla Republican economic plan. Better yet, he completely behaved himself despite twelve protests during the speech. TWELVE. It was a reset, folks, a much needed reset after two weeks of being grilled for insulting a gold star family several times. It was a legitimate reset.

And now he just blew it by suggesting people should shoot the supreme court nominee. Wow. It just keeps happening.

He can't pivot or reset, folks. This is who he is.

If he had been running a semi decent campaign this may have just been overlooked/dismissed as a joke. Instead it's going to be trending on twitter soon, NBC and others picked up on it immediately, etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Trump is such a fucking idiot. I don't know why every strategist still working for the RNC hasn't assaulted him with expletives in private. Let's recap, GAF:

His last economic policy was going to increase the debt by $10 trillion dollars, slash spending, and was essentially blended nonsense. He just now walked that back with a well rehearsed speech written word for word by conservative strategists into a vanilla Republican economic plan. Better yet, he completely behaved himself despite twelve protests during the speech. TWELVE. It was a reset, folks. It was a legitimate reset.

And now he just blew it by suggesting people should shoot the supreme court nominee. Wow. It just keeps happening.

They probably do curse him out every chance they get, he's obviously driving them all insane.

He can't pivot or reset, folks. This is who he is.

If he had been running a semi decent campaign this may have just been overlooked/dismissed as a joke. Instead it's going to be trending on twitter soon, NBC and others picked up on it immediately, etc.

Yup. Shockingly he's even worse than NYer's believed he was.

dramatis

Front page of HuffPo is hilarious. "I'll only debate if moderators are 'fair'."

Which probably, in Trumpese, means they can't be female.
If one of the debates lands on PBS, he's going to be surrounded by women because it'll be Gwen Ifill and Judy Woodruff again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom