• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the worse thing he's said yet (opinions may vary) but for some reason I don't see this sticking to him. Not sure why, but nothing criminal will actually happen unless the GOP sees this as the only chance to forcibly remove him.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Msnbc program with all due respect opening statement

"We were going to talk about the polls but trump scrambled our plans"

Iolo

ELIZABETH FORMA FIST
Go!!!

zREl2vI.jpg

I don't get 538 sometimes. They say they have to do whatever to state polls because they lag national polls. So, the national polls show Hillary ahead by a fuck ton, the state polls show her ahead by decent margins, and they reweigh them to show Trump doing better in them than the national numbers?

Emarv

Remember when the Olympics were supposed to allow people to talk about something else for a couple weeks?

Good times, good times.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
08.9.2016 - 3:57 PM EDT
Trump Suggests Clinton Meet Violent End

You've seen the quote. It speaks for itself. But remember this. For Donald Trump, life is about domination. There are dominators and the dominated. Right now he's being dominated, beaten, humiliated. That may be fun to watch if you're a Democrat. It's not fun for him. That psychic injury will drive escalating reactions.
- Josh Marshall

I 100% subscribe to Marshall's theory of Trumpism (that he must always dominate and 'win' every interaction). And as such I think we're getting closer and closer to a real meltdown with bigtime fireworks. Days, not weeks. Days. Dude can't handle this.

Remember when the Olympics were supposed to allow people to talk about something else for a couple weeks?

Good times, good times.

It's like someone told Trump that he had to do something or Hillary's lead would be baked in after the Olympics were over, and he chose the worst possible thing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Forma going in.

Elizabeth WarrenVerified account
‏@elizabethforma
.@realDonaldTrump makes death threats because he's a pathetic coward who can’t handle the fact that he’s losing to a girl.

Not only is that tweet amazing, Donald will almost certainly screw up responding to it.

Drew Linzer is back!

http://votamatic.org/

The 2016 version of Votamatic is going to be fairly scaled back compared to 2012. I’ll still have poll tracking charts and the occasional blog post, but my election forecasts will be built into a brand new site at Daily Kos Elections that I’ve been helping to create. In 2014, I worked with the Daily Kos Elections team to forecast the midterm Senate and gubernatorial elections, with continued success. This year, we’re expanding the collaboration.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be rolling out a bunch of new features, so stay tuned. Starting with presidential forecasts, we’ll soon add forecasts of every Senate and gubernatorial race in the nation (including the chances that the Democrats will retake the Senate), and sophisticated poll tracking charts and trendlines, all built on top of a custom polling database. The site will also feature Daily Kos Elections’ regular campaign reporting and analysis, as well as candidate endorsements and opportunities for getting involved. I hope you’ll find the site interesting, immersive, and accurate — and worth returning to as the campaign evolves.

(Sneak preview: Other election forecasters are giving Hillary Clinton around an 80-85% chance of winning. My interpretation of the polling data and other historical factors makes me a little less confident in a Clinton victory, but not much so; I’ll have more to say on this soon. Either way, the election is still far from a done deal. Flip a coin twice: if you get two heads, that’s President Trump.)

So 75% for Hillary

Emarv

The great thing about the Warren tweet isn't just that he'll respond to it. It's that it ensures he doesn't backtrack on it. He doesn't want to seem weak or apologize, so he'll double down.

Trump isn't gonna try and look weak in front of Lizzie-senpai.

I 100% subscribe to Marshall's theory of Trumpism (that he must always dominate and 'win' every interaction). And as such I think we're getting closer and closer to a real meltdown with bigtime fireworks. Days, not weeks. Days. Dude can't handle this.

What happens if he does meltdown? The GOP can't reasonably replace him. Do we just watch as the party implodes?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What happens if he does meltdown? The GOP can't reasonably replace him. Do we just watch as the party implodes?

I think they all just step back at once, pull funding via the GOP, and try to salvage local races. I only ask that the left never forget the GOP let him get this far without disavowing him completely. Let them wear it for-ev-errrrrrrr.

The great thing about the Warren tweet isn't just that he'll respond to it. It's that it ensures he doesn't backtrack on it. He doesn't want to seem weak or apologize, so he'll double down.

Trump isn't gonna try and look weak in front of Lizzie-senpai.

Don't count on it - she tweetstormed yesterday trash-talking him and he didn't bite.

Ophelion

I think they all just step back at once, pull funding via the GOP, and try to salvage local races. I only ask that the left never forget the GOP let him get this far without disavowing him completely. Let them wear it for-ev-errrrrrrr.

Party of Trump. They get to hold that for a decade at least. Assuming they make it out of this in one piece at all.

Joeytj

Banned

They could very well replace him (there's a link somewhere in this thread about the RNC rules that talk about replacing a candidate or naming one in case of death or "otherwise").

But the problem would be his supporters and the sheer damage to the Republican brand of having to drop a nominee in the middle of a general election. It doesn't matter if they elect Mittens or Ryan as their nominee, or Jeb! No Republican candidate would be safe from the public's perception that the party is unfit to govern.

Although, Hillary isn't the best candidate in Dem history, so she could still lose, of course...

By this point I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP themselves start leading the maneuvering to keep Trump from debating, even more than Trump himself. That would be a prime location for him to meltdown: live, televised, in front of millions of viewers, standing just feet away from Hillary Clinton.

By now the GOP probably just wants to get through the next 90 days keeping Trump as under-wraps as possible.

They could very well replace him (there's a link somewhere in this thread about the RNC rules that talk about replacing a candidate or naming one in case of death or "otherwise").

But the problem would be his supporters and the sheer damage to the Republican brand of having to drop a nominee in the middle of a general election. It doesn't matter if they elect Mittens or Ryan as their nominee, or Jeb! No Republican candidate would be safe from the public's perception that the party is unfit to govern.

Although, Hillary isn't the best candidate in Dem history, so she could still lose, of course...

I don't think they can have a new candidate on the ballot in each state. So as others have stated, it's basically distance themselves and try and get down ballet support. His supporters would be pissed and the GOP would be in tatters though lol.

I like cabernet personally.

Is...is that not what we are already doing?

I still keep thinking "this can't be happening" as we come closer and closer to it happening lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom