• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lv3t48oNLy1r20rgjo1_500.gif

GET OUT OF MY HEAD

Unless NBC is reporting their own poll wrong, I'm not. I just rewound the NBC Nightly News and there it is.

PKG3btR.jpg
it's survey monkey, stop peddling hopium in the thread

99% of white men without college degrees are voting for Trump, period, and nothing will ever change that.

Iolo

Regarding that Kansas article.

Another big change is a comparison to the last presidential election. In 2012, Mitt Romney enjoyed a 22 point lead at this time four years ago.
“It’s been cut in half, down to a single digit lead for Trump in Kansas, very surprising considering how strong Mitt Romney was in this state four years ago,” said Jarman.

22 points ÷ 2 = 5

Thanks for the replies guys. The outlets that are pushing the health angle all seem to be non mainstream and conspiracy ridden, but just wanted to see Gafs opinion.

it's survey monkey, stop peddling hopium in the thread

99% of white men without college degrees are voting for Trump, period, and nothing will ever change that.

Eh, I dunno. Most of the white males without college degrees that I know aren't even going to vote because they're too busy getting fucked up and going to music festivals.

But the one I know who *is* planning to vote has ditched trump after the Khans and purple heart incident because Trump disrespected the troops. That's about the only thing that could hurt him with that demographic.

Now he's all "Gary! Gary! Gary!"

studyguy

Don't listen to the health nonsense. The woman is 68 years old so it's a given that she's no spring chicken but most of the smoke is being kicked up by the same type of people who are saying Trump donated to NAMBLA.

Iolo

Don't listen to the health nonsense. The woman is 68 years old so it's a given that she's no spring chicken but most of the smoke is being kicked up by the same type of people who are saying Trump donated to NAMBLA.

But many people are saying Trump donated to NAMBLA.

Harty

Neo Member

As a Kansan this news gives me life. For the longest time I've been discourage with the republican stranglehold here. Believe me, I'm doing my part to change the tide. I was the only person to vote in my family, now I've convinced my sister to register and I keep telling my niece how cool it is that her first election will be electing the first female president. Good times, Screw Dumpf! Yass Queen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Agreed. This map scares me.

The thing that really irks me about the Trump supporter responses here is that they again are pulling out the tired argument that "liberals are getting rid of the 2nd amendment." Nobody is saying that. Nobody.

ampere

Forma going in.

Elizabeth WarrenVerified account
‏@elizabethforma
.@realDonaldTrump makes death threats because he's a pathetic coward who can’t handle the fact that he’s losing to a girl.

omg

girl can't stop won't stop

I think Trump really has a serious health condition or something. His behavior is beyond irrational

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 1m1 minute ago Washington, DC
In the @FiveThirtyEight polls-only model, Clinton has a better chance of winning Kansas than Trump has of winning the presidency

OMG FAM HOLD ME.

ampere

Legit worried for Hillary's safety.

I mean, yea, but not really any more than I was worried for Obama's. The Secret Service does a good job keeping our leaders safe.

She old but that's why we got stepdad Timmy

So, I have the feeling the "Second Amendment People" is going to be a solid meme for Democrats looking for a new catch-all for "White idiots." And hey, we won't be racist since a Republican said it first! A bit long, but I could go with it. SAPs? If no one wants to run with a meme, we could turn it into a dog whistle term instead and use it ironically on Reddit like true political badasses do.

Ophelion

So, I have the feeling the "Second Amendment People" is going to be a solid meme for Democrats looking for a new catch-all for "White idiots." And hey, we won't be racist since a Republican said it first! A bit long, but I could go with it. SAPs? If no one wants to run with a meme, we could turn it into a dog whistle term instead and use it ironically on Reddit like true political badasses do.

You mean...we get our very own dogwhistle? *tears up*

“Donald Trump might astound Americans on a routine basis, but we must draw a bright red line between political speech and suggestions of violence. Responsible, stable individuals won’t take Trump’s rhetoric to its literal end, but his words may provide a magnet for those seeking infamy. They may provide inspiration or permission for those bent on bloodshed." “What political leaders say matters to their followers. When candidates descend into coarseness and insult, our politics follow suit. When they affirm violence, we should fear that violence will follow." “It must be the responsibility of all Americans – from Donald Trump himself, to his supporters, to those who remain silent or oppose him – to unambiguously condemn these remarks and the violence they insinuate. The integrity of our democracy and the decency of our nation is at stake.”

Gabby Giffords statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom