• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Rep. Congressman on CNN's excuse is "Trump's not the most articulate person. If Trump was an English major with a PhD in Grammar, maybe we could analyze every little word."

lol

Emarv

Geez @ those Kansas numbers.

How long until more abandon? There has to be a handful more going to abandon this week after these comments. Even if they don't believe him, they understand just how stupid he is to have statements like this and don't want to be associated with the next big one.

We're gonna see a party straight up disown a candidate. History, gentlemen.

Joeytj

Banned
I don't think they can have a new candidate on the ballot in each state. So as others have stated, it's basically distance themselves and try and get down ballet support. His supporters would be pissed and the GOP would be in tatters though lol.

I like cabernet personally.

I still keep thinking "this can't be happening" as we come closer and closer to it happening lol

A lot of states would accept Trump votes as valid for whomever the Republicans replace him with, if this new candidate is not able to get on the ballot.

But yeah, Republicans will probably just give up on Trump and concentrate on keeping the Senate and House.

So either Trump is trying to break Taft's record for the lowest percentage by a major party candidate, or trying to analyze his actions on the assumption that he's acting rationally is a fool's errand.

Some random journalist on Twitter says he reached out to the Secret Service. They reiterated that they were aware of it, but are not yet ready to release a statement. If they would release a public statement condemning this....FUCK that would be awesome.

Some random journalist on Twitter says he reached out to the Secret Service. They reiterated that they were aware of it, but are not yet ready to release a statement. If they would release a public statement condemning this....FUCK that would be awesome.

There's no way they would comment on their response to a security measure.

All we can do is comfort ourselves with imagining Trump in a chair, scared for his life while Secret Service shouts him down for a good twenty minutes.

And then, friends, imagine him walking out of the room, still trying to look cool, never letting on what just happened.

Gruco

Banned
Trump running 15+ behind Romney in Kansas could conceivably put any of the following in play.

AZ, GA, MO, IN, AK, MS, MT, SC...SD and TX.

Oh man, in Kansas Obama has 46% favorable ratings in that poll.

I mean, he's still negative but 46% in Kansas is a huge number for him. You'd think it would be in the 30s...

He's at 50-49 with those under 50...

Same with Indies.

Trump at 43-53 lmao. 34-61 among women! 31-67 among non-evangelicals. Yikes.

38-60 for Hillary.

OMG @ Brownback. 29-65. 24-77 among women! 16-80 among non-evangelicals.

HAHAHA

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
One of the hardest jobs in politics must be cleaning up after @JoeBiden gaffes. I feel sorry for his spokespeople.

Latest from Trump:
Cpc3N83WYAAfIOp.jpg:large

Bowdz

If Trump's only up by 5+ in Kansas, then TX has got to be close. I need that PPP poll asap. I could easily see TX being a legit battleground if that KS poll is accurate.

NBC Nightly News is dragging him over his crashing polling numbers. They tied Susan Collins to this thing too. They still went with "Maybe it was a joke?" but the person from the National Review argued even if it was a joke, it's still a disqualifying statement.

NBC even went ahead and tied this to the other crazy shit he said for us, and reinforced that it's what's causing him to crash in the polls. Did a quick interview with a white man who voted Trump in the NH primary, but no longer supports him.

How serious do you guys take the talk about Clinton having health issues? Obviously it's a bad sign when the second google result is infowars, but I'd like to check with Gaf.

They can't formulate a good answer for the e-mails and then they let Mateen into the rally. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like the Obama campaign would have caught onto that one.

This is super late, but I'd honestly consider not voting if she blocked him. That would be a disgusting display of exclusion.

We don't think about optics first, we think about doing what's right.

How serious do you guys take the talk about Clinton having health issues? Obviously it's a bad sign when the second google result is infowars, but I'd like to check with Gaf.

GAF will jump on me but I do think she has health problems. She's got plenty. She's aging and she once had that serious blood clot in her brain.

But just watch her speeches and interviews. Does that look like a woman who is not capable of handling the job?

NBC had the graphic loaded wrong, I think. Because they did say she was leading among white men without college by 55-38, which is the reverse of what their poll said. I think it was just a fuck up on their part.

It is what they reported though.

NBC had the graphic loaded wrong, I think. Because they did say she was leading among white men without college by 55-38, which is the reverse of what their poll said. I think it was just a fuck up on their part.

It is what they reported though.

Yeah, of those were the right numbers, that equates to like a 30+ point Clinton lead basically anywhere.

Using the poll-only model to look at the Clinton/Trump margin (not their % chances of winning):

National:
Clinton: 45.2 (+7.3)
Trump: 37.9

Arizona:
Clinton: 46.3 (+.7)
Trump: 45.6

Colorado:
Clinton: 49.1 (+9)
Trump: 40.1

Florida:
Clinton: 49.1 (+5.8)
Trump: 43.3

Georgia:
Clinton: 46.8 (+1.1)
Trump: 45.7

Iowa:
Clinton: 47.1 (+3.6)
Trump: 42.5

Michigan:
Clinton: 51.2 (+11.4)
Trump: 39.8

Minnesota:
Clinton: 49.6 (+10)
Trump: 39.6

Nevada:
Clinton: 48.5 (+6.2)
Trump: 42.3

New Hampshire:
Clinton: 48.1 (+6.9)
Trump: 41.2

North Carolina:
Clinton: 48.6 (+4.3)
Trump: 44.3

Ohio:
Clinton: 47.6 (+5.2)
Trump: 42.4

Pennsylvania:
Clinton: 49.6 (+8.4)
Trump: 41.2

Virginia:
Clinton: 49.4 (+8.5)
Trump: 40.9

Wisconsin:
Clinton: 50.9 (+11.2)
Trump: 39.7

Assuming that +7.3 is EVEN, calculating the PVIs for each state:

Arizona: R+6.6
Colorado: D+1.7
Florida: R+1.5
Georgia: R+6.2
Iowa: R+3.7
Michigan: D+4.1
Minnesota: D+2.7
Nevada: R+1.1
New Hampshire: R+0.4 (EVEN)
North Carolina: R+3.0
Ohio: R+2.1
Pennsylvania: D+1.1
Virginia: D+1.2
Wisconsin: D+3.9

Gleaming from this, it seems that Florida, Colorado, Minnesota, Virginia, and Wisconsin have gotten bluer compared to their 2012 results, while Iowa, Nevada, and New Hampshire have gotten redder.

I don't think this is a good 1-to-1 comparison, but it's also something to think about.

I mean, Vice President Biden had an aneurysm. Her doctor reported that she's in good health. She takes Coumadin to protect against blood clots and she has hyperthyroidism. Her blood pressure makes me envious....but ya. She's in good health for her age. I see nothing to suggest otherwise. Campaigning is hard fucking work, and she's not taking massive breaks or just not doing events.

Bowdz

She's 68 and running in the craziest, most volatile presidential election in our life time. I think she's entitled to getting helped up the stairs every now and then. That being said, we've had a president who most likely had Alzheimers by the second term of his presidency and one of our best Presidents had polio and was a chain smoker who died in office. She has he best medical staff available right now. If anything's going on, she'll be covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom