• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jevity

GET YOUR BEST GIFS OUT

Mrs. Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, paid an effective federal income tax rate of 34% in 2015 and donated nearly 10% of their gross income to charity, the campaign said in a statement.

TRUMP IS DONE

#QUEENSLAYED

For the new page folks:

New NBC/WSJ/Marist polls
CO: HRC 46, Trump 32 (+14)
FL: HRC 44, Trump 39 (+5)
NC: HRC 48, Trump 39 (+9)
VA: HRC 46, Trump 33 (+13)

Aug 4-10

4-Way

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/polls-clinton-running-table-key-battlegrounds-n629136

gbr2598.gif

This is an image of Osama bin Laden meeting with Hillay Clinton to discuss an arms transfer from the CIA to al Qaeda for the purposes of destabilizing Syria in 2012. The truth comes out.

13903382_1064634650258756_8684189092105946714_n.jpg

All right PoliGAF, I'm going camping for the weekend, no internet. This always makes me worry what's going to happen in world events while I'm gone. I better not come back on Monday to find you all diablosing about Trump suddenly being up 10 points or something. :p

CCS

Banned
All right PoliGAF, I'm going camping for the weekend, no internet. This always makes me worry what's going to happen in world events while I'm gone. I better not come back on Monday to find you all diablosing about Trump suddenly being up 10 points or something. :p

Just remember to scream incohorently every now and then and it'll be just like being on here :p

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wait.

HILLARY CLINTON HAS 10+ POINT LEADS IN STATES THAT TOTAL 263 EVS

Josh Marshall
@joshtpm
1: Noted several times that Clinton has AT LEAST 10 PT LEADS in states accounting for 263 EC votes. Actly its 273. talkingpointsmemo.com/election/2016/…

11:03am · 12 Aug 2016 · Twitter Web Client

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/764130258132008960

CCS

Banned
Wait.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/764130258132008960

STOP THIS, STOP THIS, BAH GAWD, THE MAN HAS A FAMILY

Crayons

Banned
i am incredibly happy. i am glad the american people are not as stupid as i usually make them out to be. thanks for not believing in this trump cunt's lies

Can we start a campaign called "Just Give Up, Republicans", whose focus is to demoralize as many Republicans as possible and swing the house? I'm serious.

CCS

Banned
Can we start a campaign called "Just Give Up, Republicans", whose focus is to demoralize as many Republicans as possible and swing the house? I'm serious.

At this point demoralisation is a very real factor that could start setting in. If we can create an atmosphere of it for the Republicans that would be priceless.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Lawrence O'Donnell
@Lawrence
Watching a man in declining mental health who desperately needs help while his rich adult children do nothing to help him is ...

11:14am · 12 Aug 2016 · Twitter for iPhone

Love ya Lawrence, never go off-brand.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wonder how the Trump campaign will react to all of these numbers. If history is any indicator, they'll become even more erratic and quadruple down on something stupid again.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: Federal judge sides with Planned Parenthood, blocks Ohio law that diverts public money from group.

11:23am · 12 Aug 2016 · SocialFlow

Wait until Hillary gets dem SCOTUS picks.

So do we make an OT thread to celebrate Hillary's presidency now or what? She did just make history today being the first women elected and all.

She's a disabled vet, I mean... is there any chance she loses?

Before this year, I would have said definitely not. But, the GOP has proven they can go low....so......

But, ya, I mean, she's a sure bet, really. Solid blue state. A woman. A disabled veteran. Well funded....

Bowdz

So do we make an OT thread to celebrate Hillary's presidency now or what? She did just make history today being the first women elected and all.

Don't get cocky. The goal is to win as many Senate seats as possible and to try and get the House. Until Portman, Rubio, McCain, Grassely, and Blunt fall, there is still work to do.

teiresias

GET YOUR BEST GIFS OUT

Mrs. Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, paid an effective federal income tax rate of 34% in 2015 and donated nearly 10% of their gross income to charity, the campaign said in a statement.

TRUMP IS DONE

#QUEENSLAYED

"I don't plan to release my taxes, they're wonderful by the way, done really well, completely with a quill, but I can tell you I gave the best percentage to the best charities, the absolute top of the line charities doing the most amazingness work you can possibly imagine."

Brinbe

8S5Yu5U.png

If we consider all these locks right now, look at how many states can push her over the top. And she might not even need them if she gets the 1 EV split out of NE. Couldn't ask for a better position. Things look super good, unless there's a major fuckup or he swings things completely at the debates (assuming he debates).

jevity

HAHAHA female anchor on CNN just called Boris Trumpwhisperer "ADORABLE"
and was looking at him like he was a lost puppy or something.

republican commentator, joseph borelli just called hillary "a bond villain" LOL

and just checked. only in 1824 did one candidate get less than 30% of the popular vote.

1860, 1912, and 1924 all had major party candidates get less than 30% of the popular vote. What each of these elections have in common is strong third party runs or splits in the major parties. You could also sort of add 1836 in there, since the Whigs had several regional candidates and among them only WIlliam Henry Harrison hit 30%, but that was a highly unusual situation.

1824 did set the record for lowest percentage of the popular vote for the winning candidate (John Quincy Adams), as well as being the only election in which the winning candidate did not have the most electoral votes.

jevity

1860, 1912, and 1924 all had major party candidates get less than 30% of the popular vote. What each of these elections have in common is strong third party runs or splits in the major parties. You could also sort of add 1836 in there, since the Whigs had several regional candidates and among them only WIlliam Henry Harrison hit 30%, but that was a highly unusual situation.

1824 did set the record for lowest percentage of the popular vote for the winning candidate (John Quincy Adams), as well as being the only election in which the winning candidate did not have the most electoral votes.

you are right, I read the wiki table wrong

Holmes

8S5Yu5U.png

If we consider all these locks right now, look at how many states can push her over the top. And she might not even need them if she gets the 1 EV split out of NE. Couldn't ask for a better position. Things look super good, unless there's a major fuckup or he swings things completely at the debates (assuming he debates).
She has a double digit lead in the three most recent polls of New Hampshire.

What is trump doing with all his campaign money? Press conferences and rallies can't be that expensive.

It goes for rent at Trump Towers, sending out fliers printed on Trump Paper, paying for flights on the Trump jet, etc. Things add up and there isn't a Trump Network to broadcast on yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom