• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy into the death spiral theory of Trump melting down since he's losing so bad so I'm guessing he calls Hillary a cunt and Obama the n-word and then attacks another disabled reporter before the election.

(He still wins West Virginia by 30 points, but everything else is in play).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Wang ‏@SamWangPhD 31m31 minutes ago

The election is no longer about swing states. The big question: Senate/House control. Today Clinton 342 EV, prob=86%

*Insert hot/heated gif of your choice here*

Where do you think they deploy Obama in October?

If we have this polling gap come October, then Clinton will be going for blood and seriously trying to take the house.

Which means all hands on deck

I still can't believe everything is falling into place like we imagined back last year, never could have imagined it going down so perfectly horrible

Man God

Non-Canon Member
When we look back on this election cycle its going to be Trump's willingness to use nuclear weapons in even minor engagements that really divided him from what remains of mainstream Republicans. It wasn't until that stuff got out that people in the party really started turning their backs on him despite finally bringing in the money.

Iolo

*Insert hot/heated gif of your choice here*

tumblr_mqgpemAxYB1rl3565o4_500.gif

I think the truth in NC is between these numbers and PPP's numbers from earlier this week. It all operates on a sliding scale on just how bad the white educated suburban collapse is for the GOP-the worse it is, the closer to the +9 poll it is.

One exception-I think McRory really is that far behind no matter what the other polls say.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If we have this polling gap come October, then Clinton will be going for blood and seriously trying to take the house.

Which means all hands on deck

I still can't believe everything is falling into place like we imagined back last year, never could have imagined it going down so perfectly horrible

I keep forgetting Bill and the VP are in waiting to be utilized across the country.

Also, on a side note, "Bill and the VP" would be a TV show I would watch. Reality, or a buddy cop show. Either or.

ampere

I buy into the death spiral theory of Trump melting down since he's losing so bad so I'm guessing he calls Hillary a cunt and Obama the n-word and then attacks another disabled reporter before the election.

(He still wins West Virginia by 30 points, but everything else is in play).

No lies detected

She's a disabled vet, I mean... is there any chance she loses?

Kirk is a strong opponent and has done a better job than most Republican senators of distancing himself from Trump, but realistically Illinois is too blue for him to survive this cycle unless he were facing a weak opponent, but he isn't. Duckworth has this.

What is trump doing with all his campaign money? Press conferences and rallies can't be that expensive.

Adam D. Brown ‏@aduanebrown
Trump's strategy is brilliant, he's letting Clinton bleed her campaign coffers so after he wins 1st debate, he can drop 100+ million on ads.

We're just so accustomed to conventional strategies we can't wrap our tiny liberal minds around the genius that is the Trump strategy.

Has there been another case in history where an incumbent party leaving the White House has a wave election towards their own party?

Seems like it usually works the other way around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Has there been another case in history where an incumbent party leaving the White House has a wave election towards their own party?

Seems like it usually works the other way around.

We don't exactly have a very large sample size, so there's literally always a first time for everything.

We're just so accustomed to conventional strategies we can't wrap our tiny liberal minds around the genius that is the Trump strategy.

A big chunk of that money goes to the RNC, since his Trumpster fire of a campaign doesn't have the resources that it would need and so the RNC is doing it.

Clinton on average +6 on battleground states (which she got there by conventional campaigning/ad spending/gotv) is exactly where Trump wants her to be. He's got her in sights now.

Iolo

We don't exactly have a very large sample size, so there's literally always a first time for everything.

Nate Silver needs to add another variable to polls-plus assessing a sizable penalty against HRC because historically, the US has never elected a woman when the incumbent president has existed.

Mike M

Nick N

Man, I can't even tell if that's sarcasm anymore.

Taking it at face value and assuming it to be true, however, isn't such a plan not even possible at this point? I thought there wasn't any more ad time left to buy or something.

Yeah I remembered it being a bit more than that. Those really did seem like the end days of liberalism in this country though.

I had to look it up because I thought it was a lot worse than that. It really shows what a stranglehold the Democrats had on the Congress until Mr. Gerry Mander got his mitts on this shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Taking it at face value and assuming it to be true, however, isn't such a plan not even possible at this point? I thought there wasn't any more ad time left to buy or something.

To be fair, his unorthodox method of winning the primaries was something to behold. Say outrageous shit, have media cover it 24/7, don't buy ads because what's the point when you're on cable news 24/7, rinse, repeat.

Hell it's still keeping him in the spotlight the entire time, which is what he really wants. The only problem is that the public is waking up to the fact that this shitheel means what he says, at least when he isn't outright lying.

tuffy

There's ad time to buy, surely. But as I recall, because the Clinton campaign locked in those buys so early, they got much better rates than the Trump campaign would get now for the same amount of advertising.

I had to look it up because I thought it was a lot worse than that. It really shows what a stranglehold the Democrats had on the Congress until Mr. Gerry Mander got his mitts on this shit.

There's a chance a liberal SC rules that Gerrymandering is unconstitutional.

That's what I'm hoping for, at least.

To be fair, his unorthodox method of winning the primaries was something to behold. Say outrageous shit, have media cover it 24/7, don't buy ads because what's the point when you're on cable news 24/7, rinse, repeat.

Hell it's still keeping him in the spotlight the entire time, which is what he really wants. The only problem is that the public is waking up to the fact that this shitheel means what he says, at least when he isn't outright lying.

What we all thought was a brilliant tactic turned out to be a crippling personality disorder.

We really should just run ads of Mitt Romney trashing trump (and Trump dissing Romney) in Utah from now till election day.

Utah is within striking distance, she really should go for it.

I swan to goodness....the networks will call the election for Hillary, and there are people who are going to be saying "Ya, well, we still don't know if this is good news for her or not."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom