• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

No, I DID like dark souls 2. I even made a thread saying douchebags are too hard on it. It's the Hillary Clinton of Dark Souls-- wonkish, obscure, still genuinely good but follows a generational masterpiece, and lies about its feature set!

However Donald Trump is Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2.
I seem to remember you trashing it because "it lacked build variety," yet it has the most of the series. And the PvP of that game works better than any from the developer. Goddamn it I'm going to play it now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like ultimately, if I played a game for about 250 hours before I modded it, and about twice that after, it's got to be up there for GOAT

That just means there's a lot of content, it doesn't make the gameplay itself good. The stealth and magic systems are a joke specifically.

Also, I doubt new Zelda will have an impact. It's been at least 20 years since a Zelda game was good enough to have any impact on its own rather than because it was a Zelda game.

If Zelda delivers on what's been shown so far it'll be the GOAT open world game, no discussions. You could mod skyrim to hell and back and it still couldn't do everything Zelda's shown off.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Hillary is Super Mario 3D World-technically the best ever, but people fail to appreciate it's brilliance.

Obama is Super Mario Galaxy-it's great. Those who love it, love it, those who hate it are wrong, and they should be ridiculed.

Bernie is Super Mario Brother's 2-it's not even really a Mario game, but if you squint hard enough you can pretend it is...and that's good enough for some people.

Trump is Hotel Mario...if you took Hotel Mario, covered it in dog shit and set it on fire.

Three out of four ain't bad.

Especially when talking video games with Adam. ;)

CCS

Banned
That just means there's a lot of content, it doesn't make the gameplay itself good. The stealth and magic systems are a joke specifically.

They're a fun joke though. Ultimately, Dark Souls and The Witcher and what have you may have "better" individual systems when you break them down, but they're just not as fun.

If Zelda delivers on what's been shown so far it'll be the GOAT open world game, no discussions. You could mod skyrim to hell and back and it still couldn't do everything Zelda's shown off.

Serious question, what exactly about it makes you think that?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Hillary is Super Mario 3D World-technically the best ever, but people fail to appreciate it's brilliance.

Obama is Super Mario Galaxy-it's great. Those who love it, love it, those who hate it are wrong, and they should be ridiculed.

Bernie is Super Mario Brother's 2-it's not even really a Mario game, but if you squint hard enough you can pretend it is...and that's good enough for some people.

Trump is Hotel Mario...if you took Hotel Mario, covered it in dog shit and set it on fire.

This is perfect, Adam. Perfect.

tumblr_lpg3so4bvm1qiy6q1.gif

Also, has everyone watched Rudy pull some Olympic level mental gymnastics with the 32 minute Cuomo interview?

After watching this I really would love for Cuomo to be one of the moderators for the debates.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They're a fun joke though. Ultimately, Dark Souls and The Witcher and what have you may have "better" individual systems when you break them down, but they're just not as fun.

After modding, yea, but before I spent the whole time frustrated with those systems to no end.

How the hell do people even play Skyrim for 200+ hours.

It's like 4-5 different dungeon-type assets just repeating themselves.

Modding helps a lot.

Serious question, what exactly about it makes you think that?

I watched the gameplay demos that treehouse did. It's cashing checks Peter Molyneux wishes he could write.

Fuck a Skyrim remaster, Bethesda, where is my Fallout: NV remaster?

Five billion games remastered from the last two gens, and I can't get FO: NV, Red Dead Redemption, or Jet Set Radio Future remastered. Come the fuck onnnnnnn.

Also, I doubt new Zelda will have an impact. It's been at least 20 years since a Zelda game was good enough to have any impact on its own rather than because it was a Zelda game.

JAJH4VY.gif

Excuse me. EXCUSE ME. This is not okay. I refuse to accept this. NO.

People who don't understand the gameplay innovation Skyward Sword brought us are wrong. They should be shamed.

CCS

Banned
After modding, yea, but before I spent the whole time frustrated with those systems to no end.

Modding helps a lot.

I watched the gameplay demos that treehouse did. It's cashing checks Peter Molyneux wishes he could write.

I guess we just find different things fun. Most of the mods I use are content adds/graphical, basically no gameplay mods and I love it.

I watched half an hour of it on treehouse, then turned it off because I was bored to tears. The art style is atrocious too.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Some people are saying Obama is the cause of Final Fantasy vs13 being cancelled and that Obama really wanted was the 15 we know today!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Fuck a Skyrim remaster, Bethesda, where is my Fallout: NV remaster?

Five billion games remastered from the last two gens, and I can't get FO: NV, Red Dead Redemption, or Jet Set Radio Future remastered. Come the fuck onnnnnnn.

RDR is the biggest offender, it still even lacks a PC release!
At the minimum a $30 digital download re-master for consoles would have been some quick easy to make cash.

Rockstar Games since 2012 seems to be like Bernie Sanders, a single track mind.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I guess we just find different things fun. Most of the mods I use are content adds/graphical, basically no gameplay mods and I love it.

I watched half an hour of it on treehouse, then turned it off because I was bored to tears. The art style is atrocious too.

Nah son, just nah. You best be apologizing for that shit.

They took HF2's physics gameplay and mixed it with an open world that you could set on fire.

I was talking about Breath of the Wild.

No, I know. I'm trying educate the children like CCS who don't realize that Skyward Sword was a masterclass in why motion gaming is brilliant.

And, in general, CSS is wrong about Mario. Wrong about Zelda. Wrong about Metroid. He can't make Nintendo great again. Build a wall around CCS. We can't allow his opinions until we know what the hell is going on!

late response

It was 144 square miles for the actual exclusion zone and people within the region you're talking about are recommended to "stay indoors". Also this is nitpicking but I think it's misleading to talk about square mileage because the radius is a more informative tool. The exclusion zone is 12 miles. The "indoors" region is between 20 and 30 km.

that seems like it's smaller than the parts of appalachia and especially pennsylvania that have been rendered uninhabitable by coal mining, somehow

CCS

Banned
Nah son, just nah. You best be apologizing for that shit.

They took HF2's physics gameplay and mixed it with an open world that you could set on fire.

In all seriousness, after watching treehouse of it for half an hour it gave me a headache :p

Meh, needs more dragons and high elves. Classic fantasy for life.

Tarkus

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

I've never played it. Or Dark Souls. Whatever. I have better taste. I prefer Mario.

You are so going to regret this later. Just saying.

I do own the first Dark Souls on Xbone. Maybe I should try it?
The best Zelda game (OoT), isn't better than the worst SoulsBorne game (Demon's Souls).

Dark Souls 1 is a legendary masterpiece, but you'll have to put in effort to understand what's happening in it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
No, I know. I'm trying educate the children like CCS who don't realize that Skyward Sword was a masterclass in why motion gaming is brilliant.

And, in general, CSS is wrong about Mario. Wrong about Zelda. Wrong about Metroid. He can't make Nintendo great again. Build a wall around CCS. We can't allow his opinions until we know what the hell is going on!
What are you talking about, Adam.

That's just an outright lie.

CCS

Banned

I'm sorry bae, but motion gaming was a mistake :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In all seriousness, after watching treehouse of it for half an hour it gave me a headache :p

Meh, needs more dragons and high elves. Classic fantasy for life.

Keep in mind that they literally only showed like 2% of the game, they only showed off the opening area and basic gameplay, there's probably dragons to kill. And you could kill them by setting them on fire. Hell, maybe you could freeze them to death. You could probably build a catapult to launch yourself onto them.

The best Zelda game (OoT), isn't better than the worst SoulsBorne game (Demon's Souls).

Dark Souls 1 is a legendary masterpiece, but you'll have to put in effort to understand what's happening in it.

OoT is barely top 5 Zelda. I WENT THERE! Shots fired. PEW! PEW! PEW!

What are you talking about, Adam.

That's just an outright lie.

If NeoGAF would cover me fairly, you'd see that I'm 100% right about this. NeoGAF is low energy. Sad.

CCS

Banned
Keep in mind that they literally only showed like 2% of the game, they only showed off the opening area and basic gameplay, there's probably dragons to kill.

If dragons aren't the main selling point of your game, you're already battling uphill :p

Also, I like my RPG's simple. Too many ways to do things and I get bored.

My gaming brain functions bizarrely I know, given that the main other things I play are Paradox games :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If dragons aren't the main selling point of your game, you're already battling uphill :p

Man, if saying you can kill your enemies by setting the woods around them on fire and watching them burn to death isn't a selling point then nothing is.

Wilsongt

Skyward>WindWaker>Link Between Worlds>Links Awakening>Twilight Princess.

As it is written, so it shall be. (And, you're throwing shade with a queen who never made it on Drag Race. Sad!)

If the only thing I have going for me is my looks, then that's me fucked then.

Not even a mention of Link to the Past in that top 5?

nzJANOU.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
adam is drunk again

wonder what he drank this time

probably orange juice mixed with draino and a splash of cherry vodka and kalamata olives

What sites y'all go to for news and political news?

If I'm watching TV News, I watch MSNBC. I go to a lot of sites for news, though. BBC, NBC News, etc. Sometimes, I read stuff on Politico even though it's typically trash. I stalk Twitter for stories that are interesting to me. Daily Kos sometimes too.

Tarkus

Skyward>WindWaker>Link Between Worlds>Links Awakening>Twilight Princess.

As it is written, so it shall be. (And, you're throwing shade with a queen who never made it on Drag Race. Sad!)

If the only thing I have going for me is my looks, then that's me fucked then.
I picture you as a young Lance Bass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom