• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.

Cp2MuyJVIAAzTQO.jpg:large

I'm curious as to how Fox News shifts when the GOP inevitably pulls the plug on his campaign and shifts to the focus on Congressional races. It's going to be a fasincating time.

They'll ignore it or deny it is happening. The RNC isn't going to put out a press release saying they abandoned Trump.

tmarg

I fucking loved Wind Waker, but I haven't played it since it came out and I'm worried it might have been a time and place thing. I'll play it again now that the HD version is going select. LBW was surprisingly great.

How can you like Super Mario 3D World then?

Level time limits are fine. There's never really a chance of running out of time. I don't think in 3D world I've ever, ever timed out in a level.

Having said that, the youngest deleted my 3D World Save file on accident. I only had to clear Champions Road with Toad to get all the stamps. So, I get to start the game over from the beginning! I am....fine with this.

I fucking loved Wind Waker, but I haven't played it since it came out and I'm worried it might have been a time and place thing. I'll play it again now that the HD version is going select. LBW was surprisingly great.

I loved Wind Waker myself, though it is hard to replay because the Forsaken Fortress segment is not terribly good

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Eh...the time limit in MM is quite a different beast than the time limit in Mario games.

edit: in fact, it's an even sillier comparison than I thought. If you run out of time in a Mario game, you just simply have to restart that level (which would take a MAXIMUM of five whole minutes). If you run out of time in Majora's Mask, you can lose up to THREE HOURS of progress between temples.

Geg

All I know is that Splatoon is the game of the generation for me and single-handedly justified the Wii U's existence

Remember when Rubio used this exact same playbook and got embarrassed by Cruz/Trump, but the media kept calling it brilliant?

Well the spin is "that works in the primaries, doesn't work in the general".

But Trump's not going to benefit from the ground game, if his campaign continues its current trajectory.

Young voters flee Donald Trump in what may be historic trouncing, poll shows

WASHINGTON — Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton is consolidating the support of the Millennials who fueled Bernie Sanders' challenge during the primaries, a new USA TODAY/Rock the Vote Poll finds, as Republican Donald Trump heads toward the worst showing among younger voters in modern American history.

The survey shows Clinton trouncing Trump 56%-20% among those under 35, though she has failed so far to generate the levels of enthusiasm Sanders did — and the high turn-out that can signal — among Millennials.

"I get worried about the bigoted element of our country, and that they will stick with Trump regardless of his stupidity," says Elizabeth Krueger, 31, an actress in New York City who was among those surveyed. She supports Clinton. "She is not going to be a perfect president, but who would be?"

The findings have implications for politics long past the November election. If the trend continues, the Democratic Party will have scored double-digit victories among younger voters in three consecutive elections, the first time that has happened since such data became readily available in 1952. That could shape the political affiliations of the largest generation in American history for years to follow.

In the new survey, half of those under 35 say they identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party; just 20% identify with or lean toward the Republican Party. Seventeen percent are independents, and another 12% either identify with another party or don't know.

Trump's weakness among younger voters is unprecedented, lower even than the 32% of the vote that the Gallup Organization calculates Richard Nixon received among 18-to-29-year-old voters in 1972, an era of youthful protests against the Vietnam War.

In 2008 and 2012, overwhelming support among voters under 30 was a crucial part of Barack Obama's winning coalitions. But that doesn't reflect long-held partisan preferences. The Gallup analysis shows that as recently as 2000 younger voters split evenly between Democrat Al Gore and Republican George W. Bush, and the GOP's presidential candidates carried their support by double digits in 1984 and 1988.

Cue the "but they don't vote" butt joke.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Level time limits are fine. There's never really a chance of running out of time. I don't think in 3D world I've ever, ever timed out in a level.

Having said that, the youngest deleted my 3D World Save file on accident. I only had to clear Champions Road with Toad to get all the stamps. So, I get to start the game over from the beginning! I am....fine with this.
You'd think by now, we'd have cloud-based game saves.

Or do we? I've been out of the scene since last gen.

Grief.exe

Wii U was amazing, screw the haters. The hardware was kinda shit, but who cares?

You've kind of already crossed that line when you are playing on a modern console anyways, so it comes down to which piece of hardware consistently has the best games?

Wii U.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MY PEOPLE! <3

Captain Toad may be the most underappreciated game of all time. Lego City Undercover is the funniest game of the generation. So many good games on that system.

fire.

Tackling online harassment really needs to happen. The internet is so essential now, people can't just "walk away"

Buzzfeed had a really good piece on Twitter the other day: “A Honeypot For Assholes”: Inside Twitter’s 10-Year Failure To Stop Harassment

It points out that the root of the problem was a complete lack of diversity in management. Not a shocker that a bunch of Libertarian, Silicon Valley dudes never considered harassment. Their only focus was growth.

A few days ago Waldman tweeted about an upcoming NASA grant and the tweet was seized upon by neo-Nazis advocating for the genocide of all people of color.
Waldman, like every single one of the dozen people interviewed for this story, stressed that she loved Twitter; that when it works as it should, it’s empowering, exciting, even life-changing. But, like almost every participant in this story, Waldman’s voice grew tired while making excuses for Twitter’s shortcomings. “I mean, the thing is that it’s just getting to that point where it’s become such an exhausting service to use,” she said with a heavy sigh. “That blocking 20 awful people every day has to be a part of my logistical reality — even when I’m not seeking abuse out. It’s just — it feels like so much work to use Twitter, and that should be a real red flag. They’ve clearly showed they don’t want to make abuse a priority.
“It’s like, who would reasonably want to use a service that does this to you?”

Remember when Rubio used this exact same playbook and got embarrassed by Cruz/Trump, but the media kept calling it brilliant?
I think the difference is that Rubio camp championed that strategy. Trump camp however looks like it's making excuses or worse, they really drank Trump's "crowd sizes" kool-aid. They would much rather go the conventional strategy if they could though.

Captain Toad is way too short. I liked the game, but damn if I wasn't frustrated by just how much PADDING there is. For the average player, they can expect to have to replay a level at least three times to 100% it, specifically because the game hides objectives and the time trial goal until you beat the level and beat the game, respectively. Then you throw in the Toad amiibo, which has you then going into the levels a fourth time! It just felt like they didn't have quite as much of a game ready and arbitrarily held things back to artificially extend the game length.

people are now trashing Majora's mask itt

this is probably the worst thread

I'm not ;(

Tarkus

Captain Toad is way too short. I liked the game, but damn if I wasn't frustrated by just how much PADDING there is. For the average player, they can expect to have to replay a level at least three times to 100% it, specifically because the game hides objectives and the time trial goal until you beat the level and beat the game, respectively. Then you throw in the Toad amiibo, which has you then going into the levels a fourth time! It just felt like they didn't have quite as much of a game ready and arbitrarily held things back to artificially extend the game length.

I'm not ;(
As soon as you mention amiibo, you know the thread contains less serious, young gamers.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I can't believe the Milwaukee Police Dept. is letting this guy rant like this. What a fucking horrible look for them.

Wilsongt

I can't believe the Milwaukee Police Dept. is letting this guy rant like this. What a fucking horrible look for them.

They let him rant at the RNC basically calling BLM terrorists. I am sure it makes them feel good having a black men tear down black people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom