• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit, I saw we were talking about renewable energy and energy storage!

Ok first off, there was a study published on Nature, with current technology and storage methods/tech, the US could generate ~60% of it's energy from renewable energy.

Almost every single renewable projection of the last decade has been horribly wrong and conservative. We're already at the point where half of all new capacity in the world is now renewable, in the US we're seeing our new energy capacity be renewable in a similar rate, last year was 70%, this year should increase over that due to the uncertainty in the ITC extension over the last few years (which Dems got extended to 2021 by giving Republicans the removal of the ban on gas exports).

We're already passed the tipping point for renewable energy, we passed that point a few years ago when prices started to crash. Unlike conventional energy where you need prices to become higher to break even, solar/wind are only going one direction, down.

There are a few posts that I think anyone interested should read, he's done articles in the past for other sites on the subject, his posts are backed up by numbers and plenty of citations. He's done posts on Wind, Solar, Storage, Renewables vs. Conventional, EV's

(It's the same guy who made the chart pigeon posted)

As for my opinion on nuclear. I am totally in favor for getting as many plants built as you can, however basing your carbon reduction on it with the insane amount of political drama, cost overrides, constant delays is not something I would be in favor for. In the same breath, France decommissioning their plants and replacing them with renewables is stupid, there are zero natural hazards for their reactors.

Wilsongt

Cp1RlkbWEAMk_Dk.jpg

i liked this pic.

False equivalency, because as a business man, it is expected that people bring frivolous lawsuits against Trump on a near weekly basis. Mr. Trump didn't hide emails, delete emails, shoot our Americans in Benghazi, or receive money from foreign states that breed and sponsor terror.

Ick.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, Brit Hume actually tweeted that the NYT story is true? Here we go.

I've been watching Mr Robot on netflix. Currently on Season 1, episode 9 (i think).

It's an OK show, but I saw everything coming from a mile away. The tech stuff is fun (even somewhat unbelievable at times). But the show isn't the second coming of Christ some nerds are claiming it to be.

False equivalency, because as a business man, it is expected that people bring frivolous lawsuits against Trump on a near weekly basis. Mr. Trump didn't hide emails, delete emails, shoot our Americans in Benghazi, or receive money from foreign states that breed and sponsor terror.

Ick.

I disagree with this!

Hillary did not personally shoot anyone in Ben Ghazi. She had someone else do it for her.

Unlike Harambe, which she murdered with her bare hands.

ampere

We'll get Georgia at this rate. I don't think Trump has reached his floor yet

I mean, he's having a "we're going to lose, but it's the media's fault" breakdown in August

Link

The Autumn Wind
Looks like "audio problems" are going to be the new go-to for Trump surrogates when pressed to answer questions.

Kangi

Darn it, where am I supposed to channel my energy? North Carolina, Georgia, or South Carolina?

I've got a lot to offer the Queen, but I only have but so much power.

Grief.exe

If he keeps up this savagery, I'm going to start calling him Jake Double-Tapper.

Cp1XzMpWgAEvZLq.jpg

While following this political coverage I get the impression that it takes a certain type of person like Manafort, Katrina Pierson, or Lewandowski to be in this line of work. You have to be able to get a question, ignore everything about the question, then respond with an attack on your opponent and disguise it like you are answering that question. My brain doesn't even work in this manner.

They often times get away with it, as interviewers rarely press the issue, but it always makes for some head scratching failures like with Manafort here, Pierson claiming Obama invaded Afghanistan, or Lewandowski randomly demanding Obama's transcripts and birth certificate when he gets backed into a corner.

Link

The Autumn Wind
While following this political coverage I get the impression that it takes a certain type of person like Manafort, Katrina Pierson, or Lewandowski to be in this line of work. You have to be able to get a question, ignore everything about the question, then respond with an attack on your opponent and disguise it like you are answering that question. My brain doesn't even work in this manner.

They often times get away with it, as interviewers rarely press the issue, but it always makes for some head scratching failures like with Manafort here, Pierson claiming Obama invaded Afghanistan, or Lewandowski randomly demanding Obama's transcripts and birth certificate when he gets backed into a corner.
I'm glad it seems the media are starting to find their testicles and have been pushing back harder against these lame deflections.

Is there actually a trump campaign or are these just rumors? Because no real campaign would keep her around this long.

Trump campaign is a small campaign out of Trump Tower that is not really a campaign because Trump says "fuck it, I'll do what I want". Yes it has a campaign manager, and a rapid response team, but lakes the manpower and troops on the ground (who are mostly volunteers and with coordination with the campaign). Ah it also has an advance team to prepare rallies.

This campaign is coordinated (*cough*) with the RNC, who has a more traditional way of doing things (polling, analytics, communication with local GOP structures for the GOTV operations) but as proved time and time again not everyone is on board the Trump train.

To add insult to injury, the Trump campaign seems lost in what states it wants to compete in (spending time in CT to do a rally is a major no-no).

The reason Pierson is along is because Trump wants her along. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom