• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
Man, if saying you can kill your enemies by setting the woods around them on fire and watching them burn to death isn't a selling point then nothing is.

Referencing my previous edit, that would be cool once or twice but then gets added to the list of ways to kill enemies which I never use. It's kind of nice being restricted in your options sometimes.

Holmes

Top 5 Zelda games are Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

Adam don't reply to this post as you will only embarrass yourself further.

Not for much longer.

Assemble the Force!

---

Adam never posted link to the past

#Sad #Not Human #Loser

Not even a mention of Link to the Past in that top 5?
]

adam is drunk again

wonder what he drank this time

probably orange juice mixed with draino and a splash of cherry vodka and kalamata olives

I've.....um, never finished Link to the Past. I've never made it past the 2nd dungeon. I watched the Game Grumps play though, but that's it.

And I'm sober af right now.

Diablos

Thinking about finally trying Witcher 3. Does it live up to the hype? The debate seems to be neverending. I've played very little.

Crocodile

I see we've entered the "terrible opinions about videogames" part of the PoliGaf cycle :p (though there are some unusually good opinions mixed throughout)

I just want to say thanks to those who stepped in on the nuclear power conversation while I passed out (and then woke up and had a bunch of shit to do).

To pigeon: I think part of what bothered me last night is that you claimed your objections were about arrogance, poor debate methodology (lack of citations), etc. when to me it seemed at its base that you just disagreed with the basic premise (while we work on getting the "kinks" out of renewable energy that nuclear power is best way to accommodate that transition in the short term and meet our power needs in the cleanest/most efficient way possible). That's fine (and a conversation followed) but I kind of wish you just said that upfront rather than starting with "faux outrage"? That's why I brought up the global warming topic - there's no way you would object if people spoke about GW in the exact same way and that's because you agree with the basic premise.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Top 5 Zelda games are Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time and Oracle of Ages/Seasons.

Ages and seasons count as 2 games

Can you even count bro?

Wilsongt

Not Link to the Past?

nzJANOU.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Referencing my previous edit, that would be cool once or twice but then gets added to the list of ways to kill enemies which I never use. It's kind of nice being restricted in your options sometimes.

I feel like it's nice to have the option though. Like I was watching a Let's Play of Agent Under Fire the other night and you could play through it like a normal shooter, or you could Bond it up the whole way through. It's why I think Arkham City is a better game than Skyrim, it's got a lot of options that allow me to play it however I feel like playing it at the time.

Majora's Mask is terrible. Ya'll like to pretend it's good. But it's not. It's a mess of a game. Terrible. Just terrible.

Majoras Mask and Skyward Sword are both among the worst Zelda game tbh.

Just horrible opinions in these posts.

CCS

Banned
I feel like it's nice to have the option though. Like I was watching a Let's Play of Agent Under Fire the other night and you could play through it like a normal shooter, or you could Bond it up the whole way through. It's why I think Arkham City is a better game than Skyrim, it's got a lot of options that allow me to play it however I feel like playing it at the time.

Interesting that you pick Arkham City, since Arkham Asylum is by far my favourite Arkham game. City got kinda loose and unfocused.

Ultimately though, the biggest problem with Breath of the Wild is it is a Nintendo game. And until Nintendo go third-party or manage to finally sort out having the big third-party games on their consoles day and date, I won't buy a Nintendo console because I don't care about most of their IPs :p

But anyway, Trump :lol

What the fuck

Adam isn't drunk, he's high af on something different

I do not like any games that have an arbitrary time limit. The whole 3 day cycle sucks ass. I can't handle the pressure. Plus, it's just weird and creepy and not Zelda. Sorry not sorry.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Interesting that you pick Arkham City, since Arkham Asylum is by far my favourite Arkham game. City got kinda loose and unfocused.

I agree with this, generally, but City gained a lot in making itself looser and unfocused.

Ultimately though, the biggest problem with Breath of the Wild is it is a Nintendo game. And until Nintendo go third-party or manage to finally sort out having the big third-party games on their consoles day and date, I won't buy a Nintendo console because I don't care about most of their IPs :p

But anyway, Trump :lol

So you just mad you missing out on good games.

The only real flaw of Majora's Mask, aside from the tedium of regaining consumables like arrows and such every cycle, is the fact that many of the masks do not do anything and are, in fact, just "keys" to get you to your next area. Couples Mask just gets you a Heart Piece (as does the Kamaro Mask), and until MM3D, the Circus Leader's Mask literally did nothing except make a sequence you probably already did once slightly easier.

EDIT: Also, I agree that Arkham City is a worse game than Asylum.

I do not like any games that have an arbitrary time limit. The whole 3 day cycle sucks ass. I can't handle the pressure. Plus, it's just weird and creepy and not Zelda. Sorry not sorry.

Technically it's not arbitrary, they give a reason, you just don't like it :p Which is fair

CCS

Banned
I agree with this, generally, but City gained a lot in making itself looser and unfocused.

So you just mad you missing out on good games.

Actually scratch that, I probably wouldn't buy a Nintendo console anyway. I only play a few games a year and Sony exclusives and the odd good third-party game take up all my time anyway :p

Actually scratch that, I probably wouldn't buy a Nintendo console anyway. I only play a few games a year and Sony exclusives and the odd good third-party game take up all my time anyway :p

But, counter point?

You go buy a Wii U, you can play with me. We can make Wii U CoD great again!

They're basically a packaged deal.

I am not down with that sickness; Ages has considerable qualities that Seasons does not. They both should be played, certainly, but they not only operate as one game well enough, but it is also possible (though extremely unlikely) for someone to like one but not the other.

CCS

Banned
But, counter point?

You go buy a Wii U, you can play with me. We can make Wii U CoD great again!

I don't play COD :p

Games I've played this year:

Skyrim
Crusader Kings 2
No Man's Sky
Rome Total War
Football Manager
Age of Empires 3
Uncharted 4
MGS V

All I need :)

Wilsongt

It's entertaining! Just look at the front page right now:

FNosVnK.jpg

Mike Drudge deserves something something something. They rail on Democrats for race baiting, yet Conservatives keep pulling out this nonsense from their ass saying whites are being targeted by blacks, etc.

Skyrim
Crusader Kings 2
No Man's Sky
Rome Total War
Football Manager
Age of Empires 3
Uncharted 4
MGS V

Let's see... Games I've played this year:

Final Fantasy XIV
Stardew Valley
Civ 5
Final Fantasy XI
Monster Hunter Generations
Tiny bits of Pokemon here and there

I am way, way behind on new games. It doesn't help that I have had to be super conservative with money.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Majora's Mask is terrible. Ya'll like to pretend it's good. But it's not. It's a mess of a game. Terrible. Just terrible.

Again, perfect. 100% agreed. I've tried three different times to get into this game. It is a chore to play.

Skyrim
Crusader Kings 2
No Man's Sky
Rome Total War
Football Manager
Age of Empires 3
Uncharted 4
MGS V

Jeez, and I thought people played games to have fun - your list proves that there are some exceptions!

no stop I'm trolling

I don't understand why Sam Wang is so bullish on McMullin. The guy is completely unknown and has an uphill battle just to get on a significant number of ballots, he's not likely to impact downticket races.

Edit: oh, are we allowed to talk politics here?

HylianTom

Banned
I see we've entered the "terrible opinions about videogames" part of the PoliGaf cycle :p (though there are some unusually good opinions mixed throughout)

Nintendo continues its role as the gaming parallel to Hillary Clinton, serving as a Rorschach test. Always fascinating.

CCS

Banned
Mike Drudge deserves something something something. They rail on Democrats for race baiting, yet Conservatives keep pulling out this nonsense from their ass saying whites are being targeted by blacks, etc.

Let's see... Games I've played this year:

Final Fantasy XIV
Stardew Valley
Civ 5
Final Fantasy XI
Monster Hunter Generations
Tiny bits of Pokemon here and there

I am way, way behind on new games. It doesn't help that I have had to be super conservative with money.

I love Civ 5, but for some reason I haven't been playing it. Probably because I'm too excited for the new features coming in 6.

Wilsongt

Skyrim
Crusader Kings 2
No Man's Sky
Rome Total War
Football Manager
Age of Empires 3
Uncharted 4
MGS V

I love Civ 5, but for some reason I haven't been playing it. Probably because I'm too excited for the new features coming in 6.

I enjoyed what I played, but the farther I get into a game, the laggier it becomes and makes it less fun to play. I just need a new computer.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm curious as to how Fox News shifts when the GOP inevitably pulls the plug on his campaign and shifts to the focus on Congressional races. It's going to be a fasincating time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom