• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people still don't realize how much of a fucking joke Trump is, so people are still treating him as "Generic Republican X". When forced to make the actual decision I choose to believe people will say "wait a minute" and not vote for him. I think a lot more people are going to vote for Hillary or even Johnson just to avoid voting for Trump--but might still tell people they would vote for Trump.

To me, the key will be the first debate. Many people will be seeing just how unintelligent and unfit he is for the first time.
Nah. I think that, especially after the past few weeks, most people, except the diehards, have already accepted the idea that Trump is at the very least a complete idiot (thus why he's hanging around the high-30's/low 40's in national polling instead of it being more neck-and-neck like with Romney around this same time). The problem is that since Trump has been sucking up all the airtime they're not really sure how Hillary's policies or ideas are actually any better than his are and thus while they don't want to vote for Trump exactly they don't feel they have any particular reason to vote for Hillary right now either, and thus the high amount of undecided voters atm. But nonetheless, that's still a problem that will be fixed by the debates all the same, yes.

Put another way... Trump's numbers are probably more or less stuck where they are (his ceiling and floor are both are around the same spot at this point, I feel, between 38-41%) whereas undecideds and some people leaning third-party will swing towards Hillary after the debates, causing her numbers to surge above 50 consistently. I could be wrong (and would love to be), but it's just my feeling that most of the movement during the next few months leading up to the election will be in Hillary's numbers and not Trump's since everything seems to indicate he's just stuck where he is at this point to me.

So, if protest candidates never do all that well, why do we think that those 6 to 9% of Johnson voters won't break for Trump?

A lot of voters who don't want to vote for HC or DJT will stay home that is why.

We will see how these things go when pollsters switch to LV screening from RV.

It's surprising because most polls till now have shown Hillary increasing her lead with LV screening.

If he's bleeding GOP support, it's likely the polls won't narrow with LV. Which is amazing.

Is VA even a swing state anymore? Trump or no Trump. Seems to be another PA -- reliable in the Presidential election for Dems.

No, Georgia and Texas (believe!) besides FL and OH are the true swing states.

CNN asking the tough questions to start the day. Is American really ready for a Dew & Doritos™ vetting process? Or perhaps Trump meant that all vetting will be done a laser tag facility, or potentially a theme park if we have a lot of applicants?

All people seeking asylum in the US of A will be required to prove their extreme chops by doing some sick inline skating tricks. Not sure we're ready for that.

HylianTom

Banned
Aye, Virginia, how I love thee. The real fun begins on Election Night when Virginia's polls close early in the evening and the state gets called right away.

Wilsongt

NC GOP are so scared of the slaughtering they will get in November that they have run to the SCOTUS begging then to re-take away the right for blacks to vote in the state.

Truly desperation at its very core.

CCS

Banned
Guys, I just found the best Twitter account ever!

Dungeons And Donalds ‏@DungeonsDonald Aug 10

If she gets to DM ―nothing your character can do, folks. Although, with an actual sword. Maybe there is. I don’t know. #WorstPlayerEver #DnD

Dungeons And Donalds ‏@DungeonsDonald Aug 14

The failing @nytimes, which never spoke to me, keeps saying that I am saying I will roll a new character. False, I am who I am-never said!

Dungeons And Donalds ‏@DungeonsDonald Aug 1

I've made a lot of sacrifices. I DM very hard. Placed thousands & thousands of monsters, built great dungeons. I've had tremendous success.

I predict Clinton winning popular vote by 1-2% because nobody bothered to show up.

Jeez everyone is super pessimistic about that. She has a comprehensive GOTV infrastructure in place along with a great motivation to vote with someone like Donald Trump as her opponent. Some posters in the OT threads are clearly trolling people when they are saying "well, might as well not vote with these polls as they are!" and then baiting like 15 people into pleading for them to vote.

I bet Jill's irrelevant ass doesn't even cross 0.50%.

I included her with the write-in votes and any potential votes that Evan McMullin manages to mop up.

thebloo

I predict Clinton winning popular vote by 1-2% because nobody bothered to show up and vote.

Literally nobody!

CoYsS4bUEAEdU8b.jpg:small

So I was thinking, are these two going to shake hands at the debate as expected? I don't see how the fuck they can do that and smile, or even exchange pleasantries, after all the nasty rhetoric exchanged. I mean he's repeatedly called her the literal devil, a corrupt liar, a criminal that should be locked up, grotesquely incompetent, an absolute failure, as well as a shitload of other adjectives, and has tried to convince the whole country of what a horrible person she. Oh, not to mention implying that she should be assassinated. How can EITHER of them be willing to publicly shake hands at this point? I would be utterly disgusted at that scene. There has to be some line that is crossed, in which you refuse to shake someone's hand anymore.

If she refused, I wouldn't consider it pettiness, but the recognition of the fact that you can't smear someone in the worst way imaginable and then expect this kind of respectful greeting. Also, if he truly thinks she's the horrendous person he's described, then for consistency he shouldn't want to shake her hands either.

That Virginia poll should terrify the shit out of Republicans. Seriously. If we reach the point where VA is safe blue (and I think we're damn close, because this will be the 3rd election in a row it votes for the Democratic nominee) they are so fucked. They absolutely need to get a safe Blue (or even a swing state) firmly in their column to make up for it.

I can see Iowa taking that role, but it's just not big enough. I'd say I'm sad...but I'm not. They deserve every bit of it.

Also, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Survey Monkey...figure your sample the fuck out. If your entire sample is 15,000 people, there is no excuse for only 749 Hispanic voters and less than 1100 African American voters. For goodness sake!

Kusagari

That Virginia poll should terrify the shit out of Republicans. Seriously. If we reach the point where VA is safe blue (and I think we're damn close, because this will be the 3rd election in a row it votes for the Democratic nominee) they are so fucked. They absolutely need to get a safe Blue (or even a swing state) firmly in their column to make up for it.

I can see Iowa taking that role, but it's just not big enough. I'd say I'm sad...but I'm not. They deserve every bit of it.

It basically depends if college educated whites go back to the GOP in regular numbers once Trump is gone. That's what has boosted CO and VA to such dominating numbers this election. Regardless, though, I think they both should be classified as lean dem at this point normally.

Jeez everyone is super pessimistic about that. She has a comprehensive GOTV infrastructure in place along with a great motivation to vote with someone like Donald Trump as her opponent. Some posters in the OT threads are clearly trolling people when they are saying "well, might as well not vote with these polls as they are!" and then baiting like 15 people into pleading for them to vote.

Complacency! We're doomed!

I do believe Clinton will win, but the margins will be significantly less than what polls show. I just have seen way, way too many instances of "it's a sure thing so there is no need to do anything, woops I / it failed" in my life to rest easy until it's over.

So I was thinking, are these two going to shake hands at the debate as expected? I don't see how the fuck they can do that and smile, or even exchange pleasantries, after all the nasty rhetoric exchanged. I mean he's repeatedly called her the literal devil, a corrupt liar, a criminal that should be locked up, grotesquely incompetent, an absolute failure, as well as a shitload of other adjectives, and has tried to convince the whole country of what a horrible person she. Oh, not to mention implying that she should be assassinated. How can EITHER of them be willing to publicly shake hands at this point? I would be utterly disgusted at that scene. There has to be some line that is crossed, in which you refuse to shake someone's hand anymore.

If she refused, I wouldn't consider it pettiness, but the recognition of the fact that you can't smear someone in the worst way imaginable and then expect this kind of respectful greeting. Also, if he truly thinks she's the horrendous person he's described, then for consistency he shouldn't want to shake her hands either.
Be the bigger person shake his hand

Then slaughter him in the debate

I do believe Clinton will win, but the margins will be significantly less than what polls show. I just have seen way, way too many instances of "it's a sure thing so there is no need to do anything, woops I / it failed" in my life to rest easy until it's over.

It won't be. If anything, if the margin in polls gets worse Trump supporters are going to be equally demoralized about his chances.

If there is some major event or turn towards Trump for whatever reason you can Diablos a little, but until that happens it is a virtual guarantee. Encourage people to go vote! I just wouldn't fret about it turning into a 1-2% race at this point.

GIMME THAT TEXAS POLL, I want to believe.

Meanwhile, another BSOD:

Hannity: CNN 'literally' kisses Hillary Clinton's a--

Sean Hannity bemoaned the "double standard" of media coverage between the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, declaring Tuesday that the network and its anchors "literally kiss Hillary Clinton's ass and Obama's ass every day."

"There's a double standard in everything. Mike Pence said to me the other night that they're playing two on one. The media is so in the tank, so on board for Hillary, they're so abusively biased," the Fox News host said during a telephone interview on "Fox & Friends."

Hannity took particular umbrage with a segment on CNN's "Reliable Sources" on Sunday, referring to its host Brian Stelter as a "little pipsqueak" who "allowed this arrogant professor from the Kennedy School of Journalism, to talk about Donald Trump being a demagogue and demagogues like Trump become dictators. That's the type of coverage that CNN offers in this presidential race as they literally kiss Hillary Clinton's ass and Obama's ass every day."

jevity

The Sane People Initiative News Update :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So a new day dawns and NO new Trumpism tweets ???

Perhaps his ¶inyhand$® phone is still charging and it takes a reaaal long time to charge, because solid gold on gold on gold is sadly not very great at conducting power(wink,wink)

Or...

Perhaps the fabled arcane legend of The Seven-headed Pivot is ...REAL !!?!!?!!

Could it really be ???

Nah, we gon get right back to that good ole homecooked fingerlickin' FUKKERY feast later today, when BurningRacistClowncar Entertainment and OFF-MESSage Productions proudly presents :

Trumpy & Lumpy does Wisconsin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, a fresh poll conducted by the good folk at our competing sanity-champions SPA(Sane People Activists) shows that the hype level of tonights event have reached and surpassed the expected level of " dis gon b good" and is now inching closer to a record breaking " EVERYTHING IS POPCORN" level of anticipation.

That is all for now.

Stay posted for more news, and as always, stay upright,people
(as opposed to "that other guy").

SPI OUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom