• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this not been posted?

Cp-1YCcWEAEQfw7.jpg

Aug 20 is where we find out where all the money has been going.
Unless he's holding it all back for a ad barrage of shock and awe.

Unless he's holding it all back for a ad barrage of shock and awe.
Wouldn't be as effective now - Clinton reserved ad space in advance because she got cheaper rates.

Trump made some idiotic comment early on when Clinton made her first reservations about how dumb it was to start running ads now when they don't matter until October. 1 that's not really true, 2 Clinton was reserving ads for Sept/Oct because she's not an idiot and knows how to invest money properly. But I understand if Trump has difficulty grasping that concept.

That's a pretty standard form even for Sept/October tbh. Not outrageous at all outside of the copypasterino'd primary reference.

That being said, at this point you want warm bodies doing uniform tasks that more or less anyone can accomplish (calling on the phone, going door to door, lit drops) to avoid having to invest in any kind of training.

PPP: More on GOP's possible future TX problem- Clinton leads Trump 60-35 w/ voters under 45. Massive generational divide:

GOP's voter base is literally dieing off. Not sure how they are going to manage this since oldies are their base.

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 47s47 seconds ago Raleigh, NC
Trump voters think 82/12 he needs to do debates as scheduled. If he doesn't, could cause bottom to reallly drop out:

I was ready to snarkily reply with 'Why would you lie like that?' before even watching the episode.

It was actually real good. Of course, that comes with the asterisk of 'in spite of Trevor Noah'.

The writing and remotes on the Daily Show are still good, but Trevor's apparent lack of political interest and over-reliance on 'Hey I'm not American -- you guys are weird' is completely off-putting. With The Nightly Show gone, can they just give the Daily Show job to Larry Wilmore and tell him no more awful panel discussions?

With The Nightly Show gone, can they just give the Daily Show job to Larry Wilmore and tell him no more awful panel discussions?
Are you nuts? Why would anyone want that? If your comedy host cant make good of this freaking election season, he doesnt deserve to be anywhere near a tv show. Stewart/Colbert kept people interested in a boring ass 2012 election and this guy cant do anything with the insane material dump of this year.

Hildawg needs to burn some cash in TX, even if Trumpster fire keeps burning strong.

She's said she could win TX if people go out and vote.
She should spend some there to take advantage of the trumpster Fire. Register voters and try to get Texas to a purple status.. With VA locked up and presumably Colorado, she might have some more funds to do that?

The race is closer in Texas than it is in Michigan and Pennsylvania.......
What a time to be alive isn't it?

She should spend money in GA and AZ, not TX. Texas is very expensive and very big, and would take a huge effort to move the needle where she would ultimately lose. I'd rather she shore up some other states first.

Also, just putting this out there...

The PPP poll assumes that there will be a 2% increase in the percentage of Latino voters that make up the electorate. Trump is running close to 10 points behind McCain among Hispanic voters. She's also currently leading among women, a group McCain won outright in 2008.

We are, I think, one cycle away from Texas being purple enough to consider swinging it. And that should terrify the GOP

theultimo

From the poll:
A Democratic victory in Texas this year remains a stretch but within the numbers there are signs of Democrats being positioned to become seriously competitive there in the years ahead. Trump's lead is based entirely on his holding a 63-33 advantage among seniors. With voters under 65, Clinton leads him 49-45. And when you look just specifically at voters under 45, Clinton leads Trump 60-35. Older voters are overwhelmingly responsible for the Republican advantage in Texas, and generational change is likely to help Democrats become more competitive.

It honestly could be close if not won if millennials are in record numbers.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Trump and the debates are a perfect storm.

Either he backs out, loses the remaining support he has while also looking more weak and pathetic than ever before ... or he goes to them and gets clowned on stage by a woman, proving he's a political and policy simpleton and simply not ready for the job, making him look more weak and pathetic than ever before.

You're his campaign manager and you have no scruples, you honestly believe in him and think the world would be a better place if he's elected. What do you tell him to do?

Either he backs out, loses the remaining support he has while also looking more weak and pathetic than ever before ... or he goes to them and gets clowned on stage by a woman, proving he's a political and policy simpleton and simply not ready for the job, making him look more weak and pathetic than ever before.

You're his campaign manager and you have no scruples, you honestly believe in him and think the world would be a better place if he's elected. What do you tell him to do?
I scour the world for the best Donald Trump impersonator and kill the real one. Then I use my imposter to win the election.

andthebeatgoeson

To Trump supporter from Kansas

Kansas guy: Don't believe the polls in PA

CNN: Do you believe it's true of all the battlegrounds?

Kansas: (slip of the tongue) No.... Blah blah blah

Well of the options.. I say do them. He's completely fucked if he doesn't. Doing them even to the performance of not shitting his pants on stage is more positive than not showing up.

Iolo

Wouldn't be as effective now - Clinton reserved ad space in advance because she got cheaper rates.

Trump made some idiotic comment early on when Clinton made her first reservations about how dumb it was to start running ads now when they don't matter until October. 1 that's not really true, 2 Clinton was reserving ads for Sept/Oct because she's not an idiot and knows how to invest money properly. But I understand if Trump has difficulty grasping that concept.

Also early voting starts in six weeks.

Impressed at TX +6. Still far out of reach IMO but the key is to use this opportunity to register voters for future elections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom