• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the campaign's thought process work lol? Hmm, the Ukraine/Russian story on Manafort is getting some attention, better throw some kerosene on the fire by attacking Hillary for Putin connections. That will help get the media to talk about something else.

Aylinato

If this person has stepped foot inside a college, I'll eat my shoe.

They over sampled republicans, republicans are not 33% of the country. Republicans are at 26% of the country, democrats are at 28%. Right off the bat you can tell they didn't sample correctly.

If we look at independents for a second, they should be sampled at 42% of the population.

I'd like to say that 1000 per state also over samples republican states while under sampling population rich states like NY, Cali. I am also assuming by them counting "real people" they didn't include Spanish speakers.

They also didn't post any methodology for me to examine, nor the wording of their questions to ensure non-biased approaches. From their website it leads me to believe they used the terms "illegal immigration" most likely having "GOP-esque" style questions where the questions lead people to the conclusion they want.

Did they only do landlines? If so, did they weight it for over sampling old people? Did they take into account most people have cell phones? What is their screening process for saying someone is a real person? Basically it's all malarky until they actually release how they conducted the "poll"

http://www.gallup.com/poll/188096/democratic-republican-identification-near-historical-lows.aspx

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Is he playing the harmonica now in response to John Oliver or is this some sort of brilliant coincidence
it would be incredibly difficult to learn the harmonica at all proficiently in just a few weeks. So clearly he knew before, but I guess he could be playing it more in response to it.

They have clearly embraced the Big Daddy Kaine America's goofy Dad meme.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Where were you people? Kaine's love of harmonicas was one of the primary facts about him the media touted right after he got the VP slot.

jevity

How does the campaign's thought process work lol? Hmm, the Ukraine/Russian story on Manafort is getting some attention, better throw some kerosene on the fire by attacking Hillary for Putin connections. That will help get the media to talk about something else.

But not only that, his surrogates has also spent the day repeatedly defending the parts in the speech about fighting ISIS together with Russia, and claimed that only Trump could pull that off, because Russia/Putin does not like Hillary. It's all beyond stupid.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And that's why no one wants to play QB for the Jets?

The NY media as a whole is ruthless when it comes to sports.

It's Brady, but this is the sort of thing they'll hit hometown guys with too:
tom-brady-tabs-headlines-225.jpg

thcsquad

it would be incredibly difficult to learn the harmonica at all proficiently in just a few weeks. So clearly he knew before, but I guess he could be playing it more in response to it.

They have clearly embraced the Big Daddy Kaine America's goofy Dad meme.

He learned it in seventh grade, and he's jammed with bluegrass bands in Virginia for many years. NYTimes did a good summary:

https://youtu.be/XbE6-KjnRlU

Link

The Autumn Wind
I wonder if Rudy is mentally ok

I don't why they don't just push the "Obama isn't beating ISIS" angle, why do they manufacture stories and omit history. It's just odd
Because they can't help themselves and I thank them for it.

Bill Barron polling at 6% while having 56 total Twitter followers on his campaign account is either impressive or "I'm protesting voting on this poll and this guy has Independent next to his name"

I hope Bill does reasonably well this election though :(

Holmes

Bill Barron polling at 6% while having 56 total Twitter followers on his campaign account is either impressive or "I'm protesting voting on this poll and this guy has Independent next to his name"

I hope Bill does reasonably well this election though :(
Independents/third parties rarely do as well in the results as they do in polling. Many protest voters either don't show up at the polls or decide not to pull the lever for their protest candidate in the end.

Sisi's Egypt has followed up refusing to investigate murdering Mexican tourists with a strategy of never telling anyone what happened to the EgyptAir flight.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c...w?shareToken=0b5251d032debdbbf118bc0883eea02b

Independents/third parties rarely do as well in the results as they do in polling. Many protest voters either don't show up at the polls or decide not to pull the lever for their protest candidate in the end.

I know he's going to be pretty fucking lucky to break 2%, I'm realistic.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

I double-take every time someone uses this expression. Over here (UK) in my lifetime (long ago) pulling the lever is what the hangman does to open the trapdoor on the gallows.

You'll understand that this kind of reverses the meaning of, say, "pulling the lever for Hillary".

So, if protest candidates never do all that well, why do we think that those 6 to 9% of Johnson voters won't break for Trump?

Hillary is up by 8 points with and without Johnson in the mix and both Trump and Hillary lose 3 points from Johnson being included.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton-vs-johnson

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

It's just people protest voting in general, they don't like or know Gary Johnson and thus they aren't protesting voting based on ideology.

itschris

New York Magazine: Donald Trump Reportedly Tried to Invite Himself to Chelsea Clinton’s Wedding

And finally there was Donald Trump, who had hosted a somewhat reluctant Bill and Hillary at his third wedding in 2005. The real estate mogul was the sort of person who, though not an actual friend, still aspired to attend Chelsea’s wedding, which he clearly considered a prestigious event. An avid reader of gossip columns, he had probably seen mentions of a guest list that was expected to include the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Barbra Streisand, Steven Spielberg, and Ted Turner (none of whom ultimately turned up).

And having given Bill Clinton free access to his northern Westchester golf club, Trump National, where he proudly hung photos of the former president — and had even cleared the links once for the Clintons to play on Bill’s birthday, Trump may well have felt they owed him. So when the wedding invitation didn’t arrive, he called Doug Band to try to invite himself.

‘I’m supposed to be at the wedding, Doug,’ said Trump briskly, ‘but I didn’t receive the invitation, and I need to know where to go.’ Band knew Trump wasn’t on the list, of course, and politely urged him to get in touch with Chelsea for directions. At that point, the would-be wedding crasher apparently gave up.

Trump later called an ad placed for the wedding venue “tacky,” so take that, haters and losers.

CCS

Banned
I double-take every time someone uses this expression. Over here (UK) in my lifetime (long ago) pulling the lever is what the hangman does to open the trapdoor on the gallows.

You'll understand that this kind of reverses the meaning of, say, "pulling the lever for Hillary".

Pulling the lever for a candidate is how you end up with a hung parliament!

That was a rubbish joke

Maledict

Pulling the lever for a candidate is how you end up with a hung parliament!

That was a rubbish joke

You should be ashamed... ;-)

Also, I've always used the term 'pulling the lever' to mean voting for a candidate - but I suspect I just picked that up from obsessively watching USA politics too much.

CCS

Banned
You should be ashamed... ;-)

Also, I've always used the term 'pulling the lever' to mean voting for a candidate - but I suspect I just picked that up from obsessively watching USA politics too much.

Actually, technically that would be a hanged parliament.

A hung parliament would be something else entirely :O

Poll: Clinton Maintains Big Lead as Voters Doubt Trump's Temperament

Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 9 points — 50 percent to 41 percent — in the latest NBC News|SurveyMonkey Weekly Election Tracking Poll.

The numbers were virtually unchanged since last week's poll. Generally low favorability and negative attitudes among voters plague both candidates, however, as they make appeals to voters in key swing states in the weeks ahead.

AniHawk

hillary at 50 or more is where i want her to be. leading by 5 when she's at 46 points doesn't sit right with me. i want this to be a blowout.

hillary at 50 or more is where i want her to be. leading by 5 when she's at 46 points doesn't sit right with me. i want this to be a blowout.

I think people still don't realize how much of a fucking joke Trump is, so people are still treating him as "Generic Republican X". When forced to make the actual decision I choose to believe people will say "wait a minute" and not vote for him. I think a lot more people are going to vote for Hillary or even Johnson just to avoid voting for Trump--but might still tell people they would vote for Trump.

CNN asking the tough questions to start the day. Is American really ready for a Dew & Doritos™ vetting process? Or perhaps Trump meant that all vetting will be done a laser tag facility, or potentially a theme park if we have a lot of applicants?

Emarv

I think people still don't realize how much of a fucking joke Trump is, so people are still treating him as "Generic Republican X". When forced to make the actual decision I choose to believe people will say "wait a minute" and not vote for him. I think a lot more people are going to vote for Hillary or even Johnson just to avoid voting for Trump--but might still tell people they would vote for Trump.
To me, the key will be the first debate. Many people will be seeing just how unintelligent and unfit he is for the first time.

To me, the key will be the first debate. Many people will be seeing just how unintelligent and unfit he is for the first time.

All Hillary has to do is challenge him to specifics. Trump like to make these grandiose claims, but never gives details on how he's going to pay for it, where he's going to get the money, and often even what he's going to do. If Hillary can show up and lay out actual policy while Trump does nothing but hurl insults and obfuscate, she's going to crush him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom