• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Obviously the "Clinton is unhealthy" attack is false propaganda from Drudge et al, but every time Trump surrogates try and spin it as a real question of her physical health it just reeks of desperation.

"Obviously we can't beat her on any others grounds, so WHAT IF SHE DIES OR HAD A STROKE AND NOW IS A TRUE ZOMBIE CANDIDATE?!"

Emarv

Real question: is there a "JewishMingle.com" type service? Based on what my Jewish friends from the NYC area talk about, you'd think that'd be a huge thing.

If not, I'll brb. Starting a Kickstarter rn

Y'all want to hear something fucked up?

My bf's oldest nephew is going into the 2nd grade. Every election year since she started teaching (and she's like 300 years old, but is one of the best teachers in the entire school. Both of my nephews had her, as did my niece) she runs a mock election from the start of school until election day. They do a mock electoral college, they make their own ads, they even do penny fundraising so each side can 'afford' to run their campaign.

For the first time ever, she is running it....but will not use the candidate's actual names because, and I'm quoting, "One of the candidate's language is wholly inappropriate for the classroom setting" She's going to run it as "Elephants" vs "Donkeys" and just pretend Donald Trump doesn't exist. When she explained it to us at orientation, she made damn clear that this had nothing to do with Hillary and would, in fact, be covering the historical fact that a woman is running.

I find that incredibly sad...

Emarv

lol Hugh Hewitt saying he thinks Hillary will try and skip the debates lol

Seriously, the nonstop "I'm rubber, you're glue" strategy is just so pathetic.

jevity

https://youtu.be/DBrgNfdBP-E

Katrina is such a pathetic punching bag.

See, you dont know what you did there. Words matter. #SorrygatesLivesMatter. And surrogates ARE punching bags !!! They are LITERALLY being beaten down by the media everyday.

You dont believe me ?

Then just ask Miss Pierson herself :

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/katrina-pierson-beat-supporters-reporters-227012

So please be more careful with your physically harmful words the next time.

Y'all want to hear something fucked up?

My bf's oldest nephew is going into the 2nd grade. Every election year since she started teaching (and she's like 300 years old, but is one of the best teachers in the entire school. Both of my nephews had her, as did my niece) she runs a mock election from the start of school until election day. They do a mock electoral college, they make their own ads, they even do penny fundraising so each side can 'afford' to run their campaign.

For the first time ever, she is running it....but will not use the candidate's actual names because, and I'm quoting, "One of the candidate's language is wholly inappropriate for the classroom setting" She's going to run it as "Elephants" vs "Donkeys" and just pretend Donald Trump doesn't exist. When she explained it to us at orientation, she made damn clear that this had nothing to do with Hillary and would, in fact, be covering the historical fact that a woman is running.

I find that incredibly sad...

I buy the teacher's explanation, I think? I would hate to have kids assigned/choose Trump and run a campaign like they see on the news, spouting nonsense and hatred. I obviously don't know any details on how they campaign or anything like that though.

I find that incredibly sad..!!!

https://www.splcenter.org/20160413/trump-effect-impact-presidential-campaign-our-nations-schools

Basically Trump is encouraging bullying and students from minority and other protected classes are anxious and worried about what will happen to them if Trump and his facist allies win.

This is in additional to the real long-term corrosion of alt-right fueling resentment and division among teens. I don't blame Trump for that, it's more letting places like 4chan exist and not coming down hard on Silicon Valley for being techno-libertarian pricks that shield harassment and hate speech from criticism under the guise of freedom of expression.

I buy the teacher's explanation, I think? I would hate to have kids assigned/choose Trump and run a campaign like they see on the news, spouting nonsense and hatred. I obviously don't know any details on how they campaign or anything like that though.

Oh, I agree with her entirely. It's a necessary evil, but it's just so sad we've reached this point. I'll be helping out with some of the stuff they're doing. It seems really cool. They come up with their own platform and everything. She ties it into real issues (at an age appropriate level). I remember being in school and our teacher covering Bush vs Clinton vs Perot. And...I can't imagine a teacher having to cover this shit show.

https://www.splcenter.org/20160413/trump-effect-impact-presidential-campaign-our-nations-schools

Basically Trump is encouraging bullying and students from minority and other protected classes are anxious and worried about what will happen to them if Trump and his facist allies win.

This is in additional to the real long-term corrosion of alt-right fueling resentment and division among teens. I don't blame Trump for that, it's more letting places like 4chan exist and not coming down hard on Silicon Valley for being techno-libertarian pricks that shield harassment and hate speech from criticism under the guise of freedom of expression.

It's so freaking sad.:(

The GOP’s Chances Of Holding The Senate Are Following Trump Downhill

dumpsterfire.gif

eIHLEwG.png

Six of the eight Republican candidates for Senate are polling worse than they were before the conventions. Nothing has changed in Florida, according to the polls. And Sen. Rob Portman in Ohio is the only Republican whose fortunes have improved. (That may be partially because he has a massive fundraising edge over his Democratic opponent, Ted Strickland.) The biggest shifts have been in Illinois, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania, and in the latter two, the leader flipped.

Democrats now lead in enough states to take back the Senate — so long as Clinton holds on to her large lead. If the favorites in the polls win, the Democrats would flip and pick up the seats in Illinois, Indiana, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Republicans would pick up Nevada and hold onto Florida, North Carolina and Ohio. Of course, many of these races are close, and there’s plenty of time before Election Day. The fight for the Senate isn’t over by a long shot. Republicans and Trump — or Republicans without Trump — could rebound.

On the other hand, Democrats have a lot more pickup opportunities in the Senate than Republicans do, such as in North Carolina, where the race has been tightening. If Trump’s numbers fall even further or Republican Senate candidates fade down the stretch, as some did in 2012, the Senate picture may become even gloomier for the GOP.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
lol Hugh Hewitt saying he thinks Hillary will try and skip the debates lol

Seriously, the nonstop "I'm rubber, you're glue" strategy is just so pathetic.

This is what you get when the media at large was so complacent during the Rove years. This is the bedrock of modern conservative rhetorical debate tactics -- and behind only Wallace's southern strategy and the loss/win of Goldwater/Reagan on the short list of things that made a Trump candidacy possible.

It's all so boring but so dangerous. I'll never forget what they did to Gore and Kerry. Or forgive.

Yeah I know that there's been some insistence that the GOP downticket hasn't been hurt by Trump's three week disaster, but it's more that the data is more sparse and slightly lags the polling.

Trump being an idiot isn't going to singlehandedly sink a candidate, but it will make it very challenging for blue state Republicans to win vs. competent competition.

Aug 20 is where we find out where all the money has been going.

The GOP love their overpaid consultant class that tends to raise neutral amounts of money (you pay them to raise money, they raise you as much as you pay them) and other 80s/90s era consultant class activities. I bet most of the money is going there-not to Trump funneling money into his own business, but to the giant patronage apparatus that is the modern GOP.

Democrats don't have nearly anywhere close to that kind of problem because super scaled firehose of money thing is something that's actually very new to the party, and Obama's team aggressively centralized these activities in his campaigns.

Yeah I know that there's been some insistence that the GOP downticket hasn't been hurt by Trump's three week disaster, but it's more that the data is more sparse and slightly lags the polling.

Trump being an idiot isn't going to singlehandedly sink a candidate, but it will make it very challenging for blue state Republicans to win vs. competent competition.

Every vulnerable republican up for re-election right now came in on that wave election of 2010, with astronomical GOP turnout putting them into office.

Trump being a disaster absolutely DOES matter here, since he's depressing turnout among college educated voters and women who would normally vote GOP, and antagonizing democrats who are motivated to vote against him. Since ticket splitting is largely extinct, a +8 or +9 national lead for Hillary will roll these people right out of office.

The senate is SUPER gone, and we should be talking about the House right now.

Trump's latest email is asking for GOTV volunteers. Guess having a ground game isn't so overrated anymore. Too little too late to get anything on Hillary's level at this point.

Trump's latest email is asking for GOTV volunteers. Guess having a ground game isn't so overrated anymore. Too little too late to get anything on Hillary's level at this point.

If they have decent data it's certainly not too late to get on the ground and make an impact. That being said, you still need an office to coordinate your volunteers and a place where people can show up/get lit(erature, not GET LIT)/get canvassing addresses for door-to-door.

This is where Trump is a disaster. He should have these offices and be doing targeted door to door registration efforts already as his winning coalition is going to have to include groups that traditionally have pretty poor turnout.

Dear PPP,

LESS TROLLING AND RELEASE THE GODDAMN TEXAS POLL

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls 45s46 seconds ago Raleigh, NC
Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump 54/41 in Texas among voters who are opposed to seceding from the union

Does it bother anyone else how unprofessional PPP is? How am I supposed to trust a pollster if they post dank memes on their Twitter and poll for Harambe?

If they have decent data it's certainly not too late to get on the ground and make an impact. That being said, you still need an office to coordinate your volunteers and a place where people can show up/get lit(erature, not GET LIT)/get canvassing addresses for door-to-door.

This is where Trump is a disaster. He should have these offices and be doing targeted door to door registration efforts already as his winning coalition is going to have to include groups that traditionally have pretty poor turnout.

He could turn it around if he were running a competent campaign, but thankfully he's looking to do GOTV as cheap as possible. Here's what the signup page looks like. He's looking for volunteers for basically everything, essentially starting from scratch.

Kelly Ayotte really wants it both ways.

One of the most vulnerable Senate Republicans is engaged in an increasingly difficult rhetorical battle to back Donald Trump while distancing herself from his rhetoric and policies.

“I’m going to be voting for him but I do have significant disagreements with him, which I've been very clear on, so I won't be endorsing him, “ Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) told CNN’s Manu Raju in an interview published Tuesday.

Asked by Raju to define the difference between a vote and an endorsement, Ayotte insisted that the distance between the two was significant.

“There’s actually a big distinction,” Ayotte said. “Because everyone gets a vote—I do too–but an endorsement is one where I’m out campaigning with someone. And so while he has my vote he doesn’t have my endorsement, and I’m going to continue to really focus on my race.”

Not sure why I am subjecting myself to this torture and watching Katrina Pierson clips..

https://youtu.be/MybaDxBz6to

Jesus Fuck that segment destroyed my braincells. Everytime her statement is shown to be false or a contradiction from the anchor, she exclaims "EXACTLY!" while shaking her head, then goes on to muddy the topic, going on for 12 min without answering a single fucking basic question, while repeating bullshit over and over. It really takes someone with a despicable contempts for facts and logic to be capable of this.

Slacker

Kelly Ayotte really wants it both ways.

"“I’m going to be voting for him but I do have significant disagreements with him, which I've been very clear on, so I won't be endorsing him, “ Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH) told CNN’s Manu Raju in an interview published Tuesday."

Profiles in Courage™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom