• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

TIL Saudi Arabia, the country with by far the largest global rate of military spending per capita, is reliant on the US for national defense.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I was just thinking.

Trump quits.
Too late to put kasich on ballots in most states
Republicans still vote for Trump. Enough that Hillary doesn't get to 270
No winner
Goes to house
Kasich elected

Diabolos!!!!

So, the thing that gets me, right?

He did that spiel about the Gold Star Families. That's obviously strategy. Someone in his campaign got him to agree to do it. And rightfully so. It's a decent enough idea.

But you absolutely CANNOT allow the candidate to be the one to tell the media it happened! You let someone from a friendly network "accidentally on purpose" find out that information. It's like 1/2 good strategy, but they just fuck it up at the end because he had to make it about himself, because of course he did.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Hillary would already run unopposed in Wyoming and Arizona. In another week you could add a bunch of other red states.
well I assume his name would tiller on the ballot in those states. And that he could still get more votes than her. But it wouldn't matter since those EVs would not go to whomever the RNC fielded in his place. (Side topic autocorrect just tried to replace RNC with Adam... We have a mole!)

She didn't even know about Benghazi and when I brought it up she thought it was a guy named Ben Ghazi!!!
It's not?!

I was just thinking.

Trump quits.
No winner
Goes to house
Kasich elected

Diabolos!!!!

Don't they have to pick among the people who actually won some electoral votes?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
well I assume his name would tiller on the ballot in those states. And that he could still get more votes than her. But it wouldn't matter since those EVs would not go to whomever the RNC fielded in his place. (Side topic stickers T just tried to replace RNC with Adam... We have a mole!)

It's not?!
The votes have to go to Hillary or the house gets it...

hawk2025

So, the thing that gets me, right?

He did that spiel about the Gold Star Families. That's obviously strategy. Someone in his campaign got him to agree to do it. And rightfully so. It's a decent enough idea.

But you absolutely CANNOT allow the candidate to be the one to tell the media it happened! You let someone from a friendly network "accidentally on purpose" find out that information. It's like 1/2 good strategy, but they just fuck it up at the end because he had to make it about himself, because of course he did.

Bro.

He came up with that idea halfway through his lunch and did it all himself. It's just another con.

But he also wants the attention, so he got in the way of his own con. Ain't nobody got time to call up a network through a third party and "leak it".

hawk2025

I was just thinking.

Trump quits.
No winner
Goes to house
Kasich elected

Diabolos!!!!

Wait, by this logic.

If a party has a majority in Congress, why don't they always run two or three quite different candidates and basically steal every single election? :O

johnsmith

remember me
Just now

"I love Japan. I love the people of Japan. I'm friends with some of them

You know if Japan is attacked, we have to get involved probably with World War 3, right?

If we're attacked Japan doesn't have to do nothing, they can sit at home and watch Sony television, right? It's true"

Chuck Todd said earlier that talking to people inside campaigns that Trump is down double digits in many historical swing districts and if that begins to show in the national/state polling next week it can get pretty wild.

Black Mamba, you were right.

The model is a joke: http://primarymodel.com/

Even Karl Rove just pissed on it.

Wow, that is an absolute garbage model. It's probably been "saved" by the regular pattern elections have followed since the model was introduced (2D-2R-2D). There's no way that has decent predictive value.

Except respond to brutal smears against him. Though I guess a generic early thousands democrat might actually do that.

I actually agree that he wasn't great at responding to attacks (Bill Clinton and Obama are both great at it). But at the end of the day if I knew nothing about the Democratic candidate, I'd expect 2004 to be a relatively close Republican victory. He wasn't a great candidate by any means, but he wasn't McGovern-Dukakis tier either.

Of course at the time I thought it would've been better to have Edwards at the top of the ticket. If only I had known.

Just now

You know if Japan is attacked, we have to get involved probably with World War 3, right?

If we're attacked Japan doesn't have to do nothing, they can sit at home and watch Sony television, right? It's true"

A statement that only true idiots could appreciate.

hawk2025

Opposition runs 1 candidate and wins outright.

Not if they can't get to 270!

Say Ohio is super important and it's Cruz vs Clinton in 2020. She would have been reelected if Ohio was won.

Now, suppose that the Republicans run Cruz as the "main" ticket, but the.... Repubelican party runs Kasich as their candidate, he wins Ohio, and then the Republicans vote Kasich in as president?

:O

Chuck Todd said earlier that talking to people inside campaigns that Trump is down double digits in many historical swing districts and if that begins to show in the national/state polling next week it can get pretty wild.

I'm not sure how Trump comes back from this. Even if he performs perfectly starting now, he was only ever neck and neck in polls-- and a lot of Republicans are publicly bailing on him. Hard to walk that back.

Trumps talk about the video makes even less sense than his normal rantings. So Iran apparently released a video to embarrass America except no one had even seen or heard of it until he starting bleating on about it. What an idiot.

Even if it exists and even if it isn't classified, Trump helped Iran embarrass America. Hahaha.

royalan

Just tuning in to the mess today.

The tape thing. Say he's not making it all up and he really did just blab classified intelligence... What happens then?

The tape thing. Say he's not making it all up and he really did just blab classified intelligence... What happens then?
I guess nothing. But it'll further hurt him in the polls.

Trump was never going to top the disaster that was yesterday, but I'd say he gave it a good effort.

Klocker

Why is Trump so uneducated??
After observing and listening to some of the people on the inside that describe him, i would say that mostly comes down to the narcissistic personality disorder that he evidently has. add to that the sense of entitlement that is common with that disorder and his wealth and apparently an inability to pay attention.

the narcissist in him believes that he should already know these things so he just pretends to know them based on innuendo and he also evidently does not ever read, he only watches TV and listens to people and skims the internet. Never really was curious to actually learn about the details of things because that would require paying attention and admitting he had to learn something he didn't already know.

Not the kinda person you want making the top level decisions for the country

"Trump is Trump," observes John Noonan, a former national security aide to Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush who has sworn off voting for the GOP nominee this year. "You can pull somebody out of the insane asylum and staff him with the best people in the business, and he's still going to be in the parking lot screaming about the book of Revelations and there's nothing you can do about it. Hillary's the placekicker on the field. She's shanking every kick. And Trump's the guy pleasuring himself in the stands."

lmaooooo at that finish

Literally

"Trump is Trump," observes John Noonan, a former national security aide to Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush who has sworn off voting for the GOP nominee this year. "You can pull somebody out of the insane asylum and staff him with the best people in the business, and he's still going to be in the parking lot screaming about the book of Revelations and there's nothing you can do about it. Hillary's the placekicker on the field. She's shanking every kick. And Trump's the guy pleasuring himself in the stands."

*dead*

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just now

This dumb muppet doesn't realize that Japan CANNOT have a military for the purposes of invasion, does he? You know... after the US Occupation.

Yeah, guys. Canada hasn't paid. If they're attacked by Russia, you think the USA isn't going to come running?

This guy knows shit about foreign affairs.

User1608

Banned
Watching the town hall because why not.
After observing and listening to some of the people on the inside that describe him, i would say that mostly comes down to the narcissistic personality disorder that he evidently has. add to that the sense of entitlement that is common with that disorder and his wealth and apparently an inability to pay attention.

the narcissist in him believes that he should already know these things so he just pretends to know them based on innuendo and he also evidently does not ever read, he only watches TV and listens to people and skims the internet. Never really was curious to actually learn about the details of things because that would require paying attention and admitting he had to learn something he didn't already know.

Not the kinda person you want making the top level decisions for the country
This makes sense. Thanks for answering!!

ampere

"Hillary's the placekicker on the field. She's shanking every kick. And Trump's the guy pleasuring himself in the stands."

That is probably the greatest quote from any election season ever

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The crosstabs on the Fox News poll don't look quite right to me which could explain why it's a slight outlier

The white vote and the no degree vote sticks out to me, but that's just my initial reaction.

Co99Xd0VIAAlb79.jpg:large

39% of Veterans would vote for Hillary? That's the most surprising statistic on there, imo.

Out of all of the Trump stuff the past few days, I don't see a lot attention being paid to the Stephanopoulos interview, where Steph had him dead to rights on the lying about having a relationship with Putin.

Balphon

He'd have violated the Espionage Act and the terms of the nondisclosure agreement that predicated his being granted clearance.

As for whether that would have any practical consequences, who knows.

Plumbob

Out of all of the Trump stuff the past few days, I don't see a lot attention being paid to the Stephanopoulos interview, where Steph had him dead to rights on the lying about having a relationship with Putin.

I think the reason he got a pass is because we don't know if he's lying now or was lying then

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member

Let's say this was classified, and on his briefing. Even if a tape existed and he was told it was he would not have been shown the actual tape.

Gruco

Banned
Gotta say, it kind of sucks that people are Diablosing about Kasich instead of Rubio. Does Poligaf truly have so little loyalty? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom