• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
What are we diablosing about today?

04fd-trump-articleLarge.jpg

NYT story today about how Trump
and the RNC
raised almost as much money as the Clinton campaign.
This guy has one hand at his side, and one hand on his heart. What is his hat, er... tented on?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FUKKKK Kasich is going to be president after Khan is deported due to his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and Shin'ra from FF7 and FUKKK Iran is all over the news!!

I thought each state got a vote in the event no one hits 270. At least that's what Veep taught me. So it's not about having just a majority of seats but of delegations.

Interesting that Weld seems to be the bigger presence.

They honestly don't seem so awful, but I've also been listening to Trump for the last week.

Seems like they really don't want to go too far into the government's role in protecting civil rights

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Paskil

I feel like a really boring tree is talking to me when Gary Johnson is speaking. More specifically, probably a balsam fir tree. Supremely uninteresting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I feel like a really boring tree is talking to me when Gary Johnson is speaking. More specifically, probably a balsam fir tree. Supremely uninteresting.

Does it at least provide a pleasant smell?

Is it just me or does it look (and sound) like Gary Johnson is the VP of Bill Weld? Johnson has the screen presence of a frog.

Yeah. Even his base thinks he's a poor speaker. I suppose his policy is what attracts them to him.

EDIT: I notice this with Stein too. Both are shit at talking.

Paskil

Does it at least provide a pleasant smell?

I don't know, I'm watching it on television. If I ever meet Gary Johnson, I will make sure to smell him very closely while shaking his hand to determine the quality of his scent.

Somehow, you just made him even more disappointing, lol.

ampere

Yeah. Even his base thinks he's a poor speaker. I suppose his policy is what attracts them to him.

EDIT: I notice this with Stein too. Both are shit at talking.

I think they are mostly attractive to some folks as an alternative option, moreso than anything about policy

I agree with something Nate Silver tweeted a bit ago.

There are so many ways to attack Trump. It's an abundance of riches. The three you should focus on are Knowledge, Temperament and Qualification. Trump cannot fix experience. He's unwilling to fix knowledge. And he daily reinforces the problem he has with temperament. And it looks like the Democrats are focusing on Trump not being fit for office. It's the one thing, love her or hate her, you cannot really hit Hillary on--least of all Trump. You frame all of the stupid shit he's done just in that. He attacks a Gold Star Family---not fit for office. He says we should use nuclear weapons....not fit for office. It shows what a competent campaign can actually do.

(((Harry Enten))) ‏@ForecasterEnten 1h1 hour ago
I get the feeling there may be more bad polls for Trump coming...

I think they are mostly attractive to some folks as an alternative option, moreso than anything about policy

While a portion of their support no doubt comes from "nevertrump" and "neverhillary" crowds, most of Jill Stein's base are disgruntled Bernie supporters, while Johnson's base are largely right-leaners and Libertarians who genuinely appreciate his record.

Not everyone is onboard with Trump and Hillary on policy.

But she's a criminal and a murderer and a national security threat. It's still 50/50 on her going to jail probably.
They can totally (try to) hit her on being unfit.

But not with Trump on the ticket. I mean, it's substantially harder to do it. Obviously, looking at the poll numbers you have to try (and they tried during the RNC) It's our only strategy, but I don't think it's something they can navigate successfully...mainly because of Trump.

Joeytj

Banned
I agree with something Nate Silver tweeted a bit ago.

There are so many ways to attack Trump. It's an abundance of riches. The three you should focus on are Knowledge, Temperament and Qualification. Trump cannot fix experience. He's unwilling to fix knowledge. And he daily reinforces the problem he has with temperament. And it looks like the Democrats are focusing on Trump not being fit for office. It's the one thing, love her or hate her, you cannot really hit Hillary on--least of all Trump. You frame all of the stupid shit he's done just in that. He attacks a Gold Star Family---not fit for office. He says we should use nuclear weapons....not fit for office. It shows what a competent campaign can actually do.

(((Harry Enten))) ‏@ForecasterEnten 1h1 hour ago
I get the feeling there may be more bad polls for Trump coming...

Yeah, I saw those Silver tweets too and It seems to me that he had some sort of epiphany too, realizing that Hillary is hitting him exactly where she knows Trump can't change.

Attacking him on policy will be a waste of time because he can easily change policy proposals (although, obviously, he risks alienating some Republican voters if he turns too liberal), but really focusing on how crazy and unstable he is disqualifies him in the eyes of both the left and right.

Iolo

But he makes up little details, or uses it as *support* for his stupid point.

For example, when making a point regarding debate dates, he made an off-hand comment on receiving a letter from the NFL that we now know never happened.

Ok, that's one thing.

But today he went on and on about this video for MINUTES, in great detail. Describing how clear the video was, and what he saw in it. It was a central part of the speech.

In that way he's like Carly Fiorina, isn't he.

Jill Stein is a looney weirdo with no chance of being President. She is either batshit on certain issues, just attention seeking, or both. She chose a loonier weirdo to be her running mate and nobody cared.

Maybe like 1% of people who say they're voting for her have read both the Green and Democratic Party platforms.

Justice for Harambe.

Lawrence O'Donnell is trolling Trump SO HARD on MSNBC every night. He knows Trump can't help but watch and get mad. Show starting right now.

Jesus, that part in Maddow's show tonight about the guy who escaped from ISIS and said that ISIS is hoping to radicalize people here and take advantage of easy access to guns.

mo60

Does anyone think Johnson will break 5% of the vote at this point? He needs 6 or even 7 million votes depending on turnout to reach there?

ampere

While a portion of their support no doubt comes from "nevertrump" and "neverhillary" crowds, most of Jill Stein's base are disgruntled Bernie supporters, while Johnson's base are largely right-leaners and Libertarians who genuinely appreciate his record.

Not everyone is onboard with Trump and Hillary on policy.

I know what you're saying with the last bit, but what I mean is that since nobody (outside of a small % of crazies) thinks a third party candidate is going to win, it's more like a social club of "not R or D" than anything.

Anecdotal, but I identified as a libertarian for a few years surrounding 2008, but I still voted for Obama because I knew the choice in the election was him or McCain and I liked Obama more.

Does anyone think Johnson will break 5% of the vote at this point? He needs 6 or even 7 million votes depending on turnout to reach there?

I don't think he'll beat what Nader got in 2000 even in best case scenario for him, which was around 3%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom