• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is incredible.

Trump is going to local offices and telling them to ignore HIS OWN CAMPAIGN.

VHplZP6.gif

hawk2025

CNN needs to fire Corey, stat, and recover what small, small shred of credibility they have left.

What they are doing is disgusting.

I have been craving KFC for like a week now... damn you Trump!?@$
Had some Popeyes today. I know some people will swear it's better, but meh. Chicken is about the same, but the sides/biscuits are better at KFC.

Worked at one for about a year during college, amazingly never got sick of it. Although Cub Foods has better chicken and sides and they give you those Hawaiian rolls for the biscuit. Goddamn.

King's Hawaiian Rolls are GOAT.

Publix has the best friend chicken. Best potato salad. Get you a pie and some King's Hawaiian rolls...and I'll follow you to the gates of hell.

And O'Reilly will have a professor that says Trump has a 85% chance of winning.

You can't make this shit up.

I remember four years ago Republicans were hyping up some model from a couple of University of Colorado professors that showed Romney winning big. The thing was a monstrosity (for example, it used different economic variables based on whether the incumbent was a Democrat or a Republican) and its supposedly impressive track record was entirely based on retroactive "predictions."

Long story short, there are a ton of political science models out there, at least one of them is sure to show your preferred candidate winning. Honestly I think most of them are garbage but that's another story.

Retro

"Manafort's working his ass off. It's not an easy job. Trump's a handful," says the ally, an informal adviser to the campaign.

"Oh, he's a handful alright. The little scamp! Can't turn your back on him for a second or he'll have his little hands in the cookie jar!"

"Trump is Trump," observes John Noonan, a former national security aide to Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush who has sworn off voting for the GOP nominee this year. "You can pull somebody out of the insane asylum and staff him with the best people in the business, and he's still going to be in the parking lot screaming about the book of Revelations and there's nothing you can do about it. Hillary's the placekicker on the field. She's shanking every kick. And Trump's the guy pleasuring himself in the stands."

This article is solid gold.

Grief.exe

I've heard Trump's friend who builds plants in Mexico story about 15 times at this point.

"We're building plants down there like you wouldn't believe."

hawk2025

It just makes you wonder, WHY DO THEY WANT TO ELECT SOMEONE THEY CAN'T CONTROL even with the small stuff??

What's the fucking logic here?

pigeon

Banned
So, some fun points from that article:

* Trump has no state-by-state infrastructure and GOP advisers are very concerned about this (belying the theory that RNC will just take care of it).
* Trump's kids are doing a lot of work that should be done by the campaign management team.
* Trump watches his media coverage and tweets about it.
* Trump is the one banning reporters from his events personally.
* The incredible metaphor Black Mamba already posted.

GOOD TIMES

hawk2025

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...lligence-briefing_us_57a26249e4b04414d1f370b9

I was wondering what the hell he was talking about today regarding the video of the Iran cash.

Is the video actually available anywhere? Is HuffPo jumping the gun?

I love how HuffPo added an "Editor's Note":

Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ― 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ― from entering the U.S.

Wow Gore had a 10-point lead in September. All this does is remind me of what a terrible candidate he was.

Gore was pretty bad. I will give him credit for closing strong and very nearly making it out of the hole he had dug for himself, but that election should have been a relatively comfortable win.

Kerry, on the other hand, was a fine candidate. Not great, but he basically did what you'd expect for a generic Democrat that election.

Balphon

Trump just said LBJ was president in the 70's.

EDIT: Check that, he was talking about the Johnson Amendment. So he just said LBJ was in the Senate in the 1970's.

Trump said the Johnson amendment was passed in the 70s....it was passed in the 50s

Trump just blamed evangelicals for Romney losing because they didn't show up

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Gore was pretty bad. I will give him credit for closing strong and very nearly making it out of the hole he had dug for himself, but that election should have been a relatively comfortable win.

Kerry, on the other hand, was a fine candidate. Not great, but he basically did what you'd expect for a generic Democrat that election.

Except respond to brutal smears against him. Though I guess a generic early thousands democrat might actually do that.

hawk2025

There's a nice AP Fact Check article that breaks down the whole $400m Iran payment non-story in great detail.

TRUMP: “Iran provided all of that footage, the tape of them taking that money. … Over there when that plane landed, top secret … and they have a perfect tape, done by obviously a government camera and the tape is of the people taking the money off the plane, right. In order to embarrass us further, Iran sent us the tapes, right. It’s a military tape, it’s a tape. It was a perfect angle, nice and steady, nobody getting nervous because they’re gonna be shot.”

THE FACTS: Several senior U.S. officials involved in the Iran negotiations said Wednesday they weren’t aware of any such footage.

So that confirms it, he either completely fabricated information that a video exists (is that a new low on his lies, somehow?) or has leaked classified information.

Yeah, this is what I'm talking about.

We literally don't know if he's devolved into 100% fabrication or if he's disclosing classified info. How low can he go.

We literally don't know if he's devolved into 100% fabrication or if he's disclosing classified info. How low can he go.

Be hilarious if he got indicted for revealing classified information while campaigning when half of the RNC was dedicated to insisted that exact thing should happen to Hillary...

aliengmr

So that confirms it, he either completely fabricated information that a video exists (is that a new low on his lies, somehow?) or has leaked classified information.

I mean, based on his history (literally days) I would not put him above making shit up. It seems to happen naturally. Half the shit I read from him makes me wonder if he has a twin brother and is trolling the world.

hawk2025

I mean, based on his history (literally days) I would not put him above making shit up. It seems to happen naturally. Half the shit I read from him makes me wonder if he has a twin brother and is trolling the world.

But he makes up little details, or uses it as *support* for his stupid point.

For example, when making a point regarding debate dates, he made an off-hand comment on receiving a letter from the NFL that we now know never happened.

Ok, that's one thing.

But today he went on and on about this video for MINUTES, in great detail. Describing how clear the video was, and what he saw in it. It was a central part of the speech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom