• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are black people in Vermont?

I'm not part of the us here, but this seems to be accurate;

There-Are-Dozens-of-Us-Tobias-Funke-Arrested-Development.gif

A few in the college towns. None on the cheese trail.

College Town. There is a college town. Burlington. Any of the other towns with colleges still have tiny populations, and UVM/Champlain are substantially more diverse than places like Norwich or Johnson.

Crayons

Banned
Southern Vermont is a dark place. Just b-line it to Burlington for something resembling civilization--or I guess Montpelier, Rutland, or Middlebury.
My dad refuses to go to Burlington. We're stuck here. And I've had some great sex with these boys but there are some really weird parts around here where I feel very excluded for not being white

There are black people in Vermont?
Literally no

Grexeno

So just to make sure, the idea of completely abolishing police that some on the left have is just as ludicrously preposterous as it sounds, right?

My dad refuses to go to Burlington. We're stuck here. And I've had some great sex with these boys but there are some really weird parts around here where I feel very excluded for not being white

Southern VT is full of people who identify as Conservative but love freaky deaky sex acts. Also prisons. Southern VT is full of prisons.

So just to make sure, the idea of completely abolishing police that some on the left have is just as ludicrously preposterous as it sounds, right?

Wait what?

Oh my god. You had no idea how true this post is for me.

Jesus...weird ass people. Hot, but weird

Having lived in the state for ~27 years, VT has a lot of weird. It's part of what makes it so charming, but it's also just a strange place in general. I highly recommend checking out the Burlington area, even if just for a night or weekend. It's like night and day when you compare someplace like Brattleboro to Burlington.

Crayons

Banned
Having lived in the state for ~27 years, VT has a lot of weird. It's part of what makes it so charming, but it's also just a strange place in general. I highly recommend checking out the Burlington area, even if just for a night or weekend. It's like night and day when you compare someplace like Brattleboro to Burlington.
Oh, I know. I lived in Burlington for a year. I'm near Manchester now

Just getting caught up with the latest on Trump's immigration speech and the rally cancellations.

This campaign can't figure out what to say on one of the most relevant topics during Presidential elections for many years now. This is amateur hour.

Boke1879

Why is he cancelling rallies? Maybe he's tired? Maybe the campaign wants to actually talk about what to do next?

Not that this has any bearing on him cancelling rallies, but I think they are boring now. Yes Trump still says some stupid shit but largely he's been sedated. I think the people the come out to his events expect that unhinged Trump if only for entertainment. Outside of that that really have no fucking idea what he's talking about.

This is so damn frustrating. The media is acting like a pivot is actually possible when there is literally nothing Trump could do (even if he morphed into a more reasonable person) that could erase the levels of hatred he has spawned over the last year.
Ya, but they need a story. Hillary being ahead isn't a great story for them. This breathless waiting for him to fuck up is all they have. They have to run with it. It's about getting eyeball son screens.

Like Sippy Cup said, there is no such thing as a Donald Trump Pivot....because he cannot pivot from what he's done or what he's said. You can broaden a message, but when your message is brown people are bad, white people are good....you're not going to walk that back. Not saying stupid shit is not a pivot. It's not being a dumbass. That's the best he can do...not be stupid, and we call it a pivot.

Why is he cancelling rallies? Maybe he's tired? Maybe the campaign wants to actually talk about what to do next?

Not that this has any bearing on him cancelling rallies, but I think they are boring now. Yes Trump still says some stupid shit but largely he's been sedated. I think the people the come out to his events expect that unhinged Trump if only for entertainment. Outside of that that really have no fucking idea what he's talking about.

You know, some people say he's tired. Very weak. Doesn't have the stamina to be on the stage. Needs a nap. Very low energy. Very low energy. Maybe there's something in his health records we need to look at. I don't know. It's just what some people are saying.

But, ya, his rally in Akron tonight was a perfect example of that. Katy Tur said the crowd was smaller than usual. The people behind him were bored as fuck. The crowd would randomly clap certain things or boo. No one had a clue what he was saying. Like, there were words that were strung together as sentences, but there was no passion there. It looks like his body rejects the words that come out of his mouth.

According to people who had prepared remarks, he deviated a bit more from them today than any other time since the new hires. So, I think it's a matter of time before he gets pissed that he's not doing this "his" way.

Boke1879

You know, some people say he's tired. Very weak. Doesn't have the stamina to be on the stage. Needs a nap. Very low energy. Very low energy. Maybe there's something in his health records we need to look at. I don't know. It's just what some people are saying.

But, ya, his rally in Akron tonight was a perfect example of that. Katy Tur said the crowd was smaller than usual. The people behind him were bored as fuck. The crowd would randomly clap certain things or boo. No one had a clue what he was saying. Like, there were words that were strung together as sentences, but there was no passion there. It looks like his body rejects the words that come out of his mouth.

According to people who had prepared remarks, he deviated a bit more from them today than any other time since the new hires. So, I think it's a matter of time before he gets pissed that he's not doing this "his" way.

If this "new and improved" Trump way of doing things doesn't help him in the polls you'll see him revert back to his old self.

But yea. His crowds don't want to hear policy or anything regarding helping black and brown people. They want to hear him off the cuff spewing his trademark bs. Literally when he talks policy they don't know how to react of what he's talking about.

Hillary is opening an official campaign office in Utah, in Mia Love's district.
Yes, this is exactly what I was hoping she was gonna do with the secure victory. Open up offices in places where she might not win the state, but can help other down-ballot candidates that won't have as much organization, resources, or experience as a presidential campaign.

Doug Owens isn't polling great against Mia Love right now, but Hillary's people could help out a lot with GOTV in the area.

See I told you Trump was gaining weight.

From the NYT today:

They said he was in good shape, disputing the opinion of some friends of Mr. Trump that he has gained weight recently.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/23/us/politics/clinton-trump-health.html?_r=0

Jesus Christ, the only attacks that Trump has against Hillary are things that are happening to him. After he gained a bunch of weight, he literally told the National Enquirer to print a story claiming that Hillary had gained a massive amount of weight.

I think cancelling rallies is nothing too crazy. Its likely breitfart guy and the ice queen trying to minimize exposure and thus by associative property of math minimize stupid shit that spews forth the guy's hole.

The California Democratic Party added about 700,000 voters between January and July of this year, a 10 percent increase that is significantly higher than the rise in registered Democrats during previous presidential elections, according to new data from the California Secretary of State.

The Republican Party in California added about 130,000 voters, a 3 percent increase, between January and July. The number of voters not stating a party preference rose by about 70,000, or 2 percent. The number of third-party voters fell by about 90,000, or 10 percent.

Much of the increase in party registration seems to have come from the ranks of those not already registered to vote. Overall, the number of Californians registered to vote increased by about 825,000 between January and July to 18.1 million. That equates to 73 percent of California adults eligible to vote.
Link.
Maybe it can help flip some of those house seats.

Another planned rally and fundraiser in Portland, Ore., scheduled for Aug. 31, was cancelled, according to local CBS affiliate KOIN. Trump’s Oregon campaign director, Jacob G. Daniels, cited Trump’s visit to Baton Rouge, La., which has been ravaged by heavy flooding, as the reason for the cancellation.

u wut m8

I think cancelling rallies is nothing too crazy. Its likely breitfart guy and the ice queen trying to minimize exposure and thus by associative property of math minimize stupid shit that spews forth the guy's hole.

Well the Colorado one was supposed to be an immigration speech in Denver which is a big deal. Now they realize they don't know what their position on it is. Lmao.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Well, a couple things. We already know the emails are innocuous, or the FBI would have recommended prosecution. So there's no "turn out to be", just "is". That's the entire point you're missing or willfully ignoring; we know there's no there there, it's all sound and fury and headlines.

I didn't read the FBI's decision as being based on a lack of evidence or of affirmative evidence that nothing wrong was done. In any event, their investigation--and decision not to recommend indictment--was limited to the issue of classified materials. As I've been saying for months, that's not the only issue raised by the emails. It's the same old song-and-dance routine in response: "All that matters is whether she intentionally sent top secret information to Kim Jong Un and then willfully deleted the evidence! Anything else is of no interest to me! I'm so bored right now!"

You can't be serious...

We're against them releasing this shit because while none of us believes there's any smoking gun, there ARE going to be tons of emails leaked strategically and out of context by Republicans that serve no purpose other than embarrassing Hillary.

Is that supposed to better? You want to sacrifice government transparency because politicians are going to act like politicians? What next? Jettison due process because water is wet?

Why wait? :p

Your first three posts on this topic were to clarify the meaning of an article and it's newsworthiness. Does that not at least dip it's toes into the semantics pool?

thatsbait.gif

I'll semantic you back. There aren't 14,900 emails found. There are 14,900 documents found, including attachments, forwards, duplicates, etc. There is likely far less than that in the number of emails.

Thanks for the clarification.

And to number two. of course they would be, they're subject to public records law.

Someone should've told Clinton.

You seem to want that kind of information hidden so these steady "Revelations " continue even though there's nothing new

What on earth gave you that idea? I'd be perfectly happy if they released all the documents immediately.

watershed

Banned
I'm not joking, Trump probably has some fairly serious health issues given his age and rumored diet/lack of exercise. I don't want to go searching for it, but there were some reports back during the primaries that he didn't eat a healthy diet, had high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and who knows what else that wasn't covered in the "letter" from his "doctor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom