• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Watching these Trump Hispanic surrogates on CNN really trying to push this semi-pivot on Trump's immigration issue.

The flip-flop is coming. Trump himself is gonna try and skirt it as much as possible and leave the heavy lifting for his surrogates, but they don't realize the damage is already done and there's no easy way to backpedal this. This is gonna get fun.

Link

The Autumn Wind
He told his people they need to turn out on November 8th. (Fine). You need to get all your family to come out and vote. (Again fine) You all need to come out and watch. And when I say watch, you know what I mean. You've got to watch."

He went off script a lot more today than usual. He'll break soon enough.
Lord...

Trump consistently travels to head-scratching states.

Colorado is absurdly far from Trump's grasp.
We all know why he cancelled those rallies, but someone needs to ask him, because you know that's not the reason he'll give.

Watching these Trump Hispanic surrogates on CNN really trying to push this semi-pivot on Trump's immigration issue.

The flip-flop is coming. Trump himself is gonna try and skirt it as much as possible and leave the heavy lifting for his surrogates, but they don't realize the damage is already done and there's no easy way to backpedal this. This is gonna get fun.

That only works if no one ever asks him about it. It will come up during the debate, and he won't be able to get out of it. He's not a good enough politician to say something halfway.

Also, Melania is suing reporters over stories about her immigration status. Because of course that's the smart way to deal with it. No one's talking about it now, but if you make a literal federal case out of it, people will.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
No, the Trump campaign obviously did not want this to leak out of a closed door meeting, because it undercuts his entire appeal and makes him look like a boldfaced liar. Yes, I agree he wanted to lie during the meeting, but IT DOESN'T WORK IF EVERYONE SEES BOTH LIES AT THE SAME TIME. Your theory is insane.

Why wouldn't you expect Trump and his campaign to try something "insane?" The guy's whole campaign has been such.

Violent Bill O'Reilly was owned into outer space today:

CqfwRS1XEAAy4zl.jpg

Emarv

That only works if no one ever asks him about it. It will come up during the debate, and he won't be able to get out of it. He's not a good enough politician to say something halfway.

Also, Melania is suing reporters over stories about her immigration status. Because of course that's the smart way to deal with it. No one's talking about it now, but if you make a literal federal case out of it, people will.

1000% agreed.

Just seems hard to imagine how Clinton's polling can keep up with daily negative press like this. It's not that Trump's has to go up, her numbers just have to come closer to his like they did last time.

1.) This is the first time we learned how many emails were recovered by the FBI. If I'm remembering it right, Comey left it at "several thousand." It's news that it's approximately 14,900, or roughly half of what was deleted.

2.) This is also the first time I've heard (at least) that the emails will be released to the public.

Some of you go to such bizarre lengths to defend Clinton, even when no defense is necessary. This isn't bad news, yet you still want to shoot the messenger.

I'll semantic you back. There aren't 14,900 emails found. There are 14,900 documents found, including attachments, forwards, duplicates, etc. There is likely far less than that in the number of emails.

And to number two. of course they would be, they're subject to public records law. and fitton himself has stated he was going to fight to get them. http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...29-clinton-antagonist-well-get-all-the-emails

“Ultimately, all the records on her system will be reviewed and released to the public, as the law requires,” the Judicial Watch president told The Hill. “Some things may not be turned over because they truly are something that we can’t see, because they’re classified or private or something else.”

You seem to want that kind of information hidden so these steady "Revelations " continue even though there's nothing new that hasn't been reported beyond the specific number (which is nothing) and the judge being pissy which they always are, even though Judicial Watch is a troll organization that intentionally abuses FOIA (I am in favor of the law but it should lead to larger funds to look through them in a timely manner so people at state can you know do real work )to clog up the machinery of government

and its not about defending Clinton (Clinton repeatedly has said release all the emails), its about defending this type of reporting which intentionally declines to report things or obscures them , in order to further the hit making scandal reporting. It does disservice to government, it should be called out.

Ha, conservatives zealots are calling the Monmouth poll rigged.

BrahmResnik ‏@brahmresnik 6h6 hours ago
NEW #AZ voter reg totals:
GOP: 1,185,023 +4.6% since March (53K new)
IND: 1,164,373 -1.6%
DEM: 1,019,050 +7% (66K new)
#Decision2016

shem935

Banned
Are getting close to the point where state polls matter more than national and is that why we are getting fewer national polls?

Balphon

Why was Trump going to Oregon? I understand CO and NV but Oregon was a stupid idea

For fundraising, but like I indicated previously, his potential donors in the region are bailing on him wholesale, obviating the need for a stop:

http://www.wweek.com/news/2016/08/0...g-portland-major-gop-donors-are-running-away/

I guess he's still going to Seattle though?

Even more charitably, if the GOP were to actually make a run at a blue state this year, OR would be the one to pick.

Of course, the idea of the GOP taking a run at a blue state was laughable 8 months ago and is patently ludicrous today.

Joeytj

Banned
First hint that maybe you didn't write this speech? You say something, smile and nod "That's so true. That's so true."

Calling Hillary a bigot again. Good luck with that, asshole.

Weird he keeps using that line. Not even his supporters are repeating it that much, or his surrogates. He plainly just projecting himself.

atr0cious

The most exhausting point of the whole email saga that no one ever pushes back on is the whole, "I'd be in jail if I did this." No you fucking wouldn't, Comey already said so.

There are almost no legal immigrants in the lower class.

The process costs between 20 and 30 thousand dollars, and the process typically cannot be done from within the US unless you have a company sponsor. Which costs them a good 10 thousand dollars.
The only kind of legal immigration at the lower classes in the US is through marriage or direct family. Which also costs, AFAIK, at least 5 thousand dollars, and is completely out of reach of the actual lower class that gets paid a minimum wage.

My wife immigrated and those figures are nonsense for the immigration process itself. Roughly $2000 for the visa and adjustment of status processes themselves (actually less but I'm including mail costs and stuff). Of course if you're counting airfare and whatnot it gets more expensive (my wife's from Malaysia so that was quite a lot) but if you're from closer by that's a smaller factor. You do need to make at least $20k per year to sponsor.

Where are you getting 10-20 thousand from?

Iolo

Melania Trump Stumbles Upon Dozens Of Husband’s Haunting, Macabre Self-Portraits

After looking with some trepidation through several dozen self-portraits sitting on easels, scattered on the floor, and, in a few cases, torn to shreds, the Slovenian-born former model said she inspected the dates in the corners of her husband’s canvases and came to the unsettling realization that his art had only grown more unhinged over time.

Melania described earlier paintings that merely show Donald staring into a mirror and weeping, or crouched alone and naked beneath a charred tree in a forest burned to ash. But a later series reportedly depicts him in the process of shrinking away to nothing: In the first, the twisted, ghostly form of his body looms large above a city skyline, his eyes glassy and lifeless and his face evidently smeared with his own fecal waste; several portraits later, he appears as a pale, shriveled, barely human creature as a tide of blood washes him down a storm drain.

Joeytj

Banned
Frail Rotten Crooked Lyin' n Dyin' Hillary Clinton

That's a good one.

CNN.com's front page has is asking if Hillary health rumors are "The New Birthers?". Heh.

EDIT: Another thing I'm seeing in the #HillarysEmails topic is just how convoluted most of the criticism is and deranged people who push these rumors look. Most media outlets are reporting the email story as "yet to be released emails" not "unknown emails", so there's even less of a major headline there.

Indeed, CNN might be right: The Clinton camp could successfully paint every criticism of Hillary's health and her emails as equivalent to the birther movement.

pigeon

Banned

I'm actually pretty interested about the suit because if it goes forward Melania will just have to testify under oath about her immigration status.

Emarv

I'll never get tired of Corey getting smacked around on CNN for his birther nonsense.

https://m.facebook.com/VoteMartyWalsh/photos/a.142980782442115.34981.130102213729972/1166322136774636/?type=3 (couldn't find equivalent on twitter)
14125585_1166322136774636_8913707207951082215_o.jpg

Cool, Bill was in Boston today! I would love to meet him one day!

Could Forma not put away her phone for one second? I know she spends her nights thinking of tweets to piss off Trump, but damn girl, put it in your pocket for a sec.

Hazmat

I'll never get tired of Corey getting smacked around on CNN for his birther nonsense.

Could Forma not put away her phone for one second? I know she spends her nights thinking of tweets to piss off Trump, but damn girl, put it in your pocket for a sec.

It's very possible that het pants have no pockets and those pockets on her jacket are decorative.

Joeytj

Banned
In that picture, Bill's not looking at the camera. What is he looking at?

Come on, you know the answer is "some hot intern" or reporter.

EDIT: Damn, this guy ^^^ beat me to it.

Also, just read that Trump isn't canceling the Colorado fundraiser, just the rally. He's canceling his entire trip to Nevada and Oregon tho. Speculate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom