• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT9| The Wrath of Khan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debirudog

Reading this article seems pretty disappointing regarding Sanders, how there seems to be cool ideas like an education group called the "Sanders Institute," but with no apparent solid plans or details at what he'll do after campaigning.

Sanders announced the group about a month ago in an interview with USA Today, promising that it would help boost a range of at least 100 progressive candidates running for office this year, from school board races to congressional races.

I just hope he does what he promises. :/

Teggy

You first need Ghostbusters to catch the spirits and then you hand those spirits over to the police, and then bad guys will be scared away. Because no one wants to be slimed, believe me.

CqhKnggUMAAgmVi.jpg

This election taught me so many things I thought were illegal but apparently aren't. Manafort is a prime example. Although we don't know when the other shoe will drop on him, the fact that you can work as a bag man for Kremlin and still run run an election campaign of a US candidate was shocking. Now Trump paying himself handsomely by raising the rent of his own campaign offices is even more crazy. Like, there is no wall between what's a Trump Campaign and Trump Organization. There are no walls to govern this shit.

Reading this article seems pretty disappointing regarding Sanders, how there seems to be cool ideas like an education group called the "Sanders Institute," but with no apparent solid plans or details at what he'll do after campaigning.

That quite literally sums up everything about Sanders.
Cool ideas no implementation.

Zereta

That quite literally sums up everything about Sanders.
Cool ideas no implementation.

Because, the political system, as it stands right now, cannot support those ideas.

Sanders was banking on stirring enough of a revolution up that he gets into office and can figure this out.

Thats not how policy works when you play for President though.

Cheerleader Trump in a low cut skirt and holding pom-poms going rah rah go police, go kill those civilians, you answer to know one. Give me an S, give me an A, give me a D. Sad!

Oh my God. These Harambe jokes are getting stale and moldy now...

like harambe's corpse. Now go away

How are these jokes still breathing oxygen?
All of them are rehashes.
Right now I am sick of reading them.
Apes are not monkeys and yet they keep making monkey jokes.
Monkeys are very different from the great apes.
Besides, Harambe would find these jokes in bad tastes.
Except the Jill Stein losing to Harambe jokes.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more

I mean when she was departing the State Department and decided she didn't have to turn over all those government records she had been generating for four years.

Also, why anyone would think any comment from the Clinton campaign on this issue is indicative of the truth at this point is beyond me. Given their track record thus far, we can be fairly confident that the truth is the opposite of what they're saying.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I mean when she was departing the State Department and decided she didn't have to turn over all those government records she had been generating for four years.

Also, why anyone would think any comment from the Clinton campaign on this issue is indicative of the truth at this point is beyond me. Given their track record thus far, we can be fairly confident that the truth is the opposite of what they're saying.

Inaccurate statements aren't necessarily the same thing as lies.

royalan

How dare Hillary pander to jar openers on live tv?

And I see this FaceTime/Apple shilling. WHAT CORPORATION IS SHE NOT IN THE POCKET OF!?

And loving her grandchildren!? I don't want a president who's going to be controlled by BIG GRANDMA.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Inaccurate statements aren't necessarily the same thing as lies.

No, but they remain inaccurate. If the weatherman keeps getting it wrong, there's no reason to trust what he says in the future, regardless of whether he knew what he was saying was wrong or not.

Here, though, I think there's ample evidence that Clinton lied. For one thing, her narrative kept shifting every time what she had said was revealed to be untrue. And there were those deflections about how it's all just over-classification in government. At some point, you just have to admit you have no idea what the truth is, so let's wait and see what the people reviewing the emails have to say. Then there was that episode when, confronted with agreements in which she admitted that unmarked classification still had to be recognized and protected, she responded that there has to be some markings. It doesn't get much more clear-cut than openly contradicting yourself. More recently, there were her attempts to spin what Comey said about her conduct.

But, hey! Maybe Clinton's just a dummy rather than a liar.

Who are the "they" that aren't respecting law enforcement Trump is talking about? How the fuck is he going to "give them back their spirit"? Dude makes no sense. Then he says he's going let the police go on a counterattack. Like what the fuck?

Vahagn

No, but they remain inaccurate. If the weatherman keeps getting it wrong, there's no reason to trust what he says in the future, regardless of whether he knew what he was saying was wrong or not.

Here, though, I think there's ample evidence that Clinton lied. For one thing, her narrative kept shifting every time what she had said was revealed to be untrue. And there were those deflections about how it's all just over-classification in government. At some point, you just have to admit you have no idea what the truth is, so let's wait and see what the people reviewing the emails have to say. Then there was that episode when, confronted with agreements in which she admitted that unmarked classification still had to be recognized and protected, she responded that there has to be some markings. It doesn't get much more clear-cut than openly contradicting yourself. More recently, there were her attempts to spin what Comey said about her conduct.

But, hey! Maybe Clinton's just a dummy rather than a liar.

Name me a politician that's not a liar? Name me one, that hasn't flip flopped on any position or lied.

"Politician of 40 years lies" is - I mean, wtf?

Who_Lies_More.png

mo60

I think Trump will be fine in the end.He will probably rest for a few days since he barely takes vacations now and probably needs to take one for a few days.It's questionable if his early cancellations had anything to do with him being sick.

Listening to Republicans bend over backwards to justify okaying funding for Louisiana, when they voted against funding following Sandy is hilarious.

I must not understand the point of being rich. To me, the idea of having to give a crap about a few hundred thousand dollars of renting to myself in my own freaking skyscraper would never enter my mind as a thing you'd even do. Take the GOTV funding in GA thing from yesterday, too. Shouldn't a $1M injection for a massive operation effectively be something you'd okay via text message? Take Bloomberg by comparison, who said he'd have no problem putting down $1B total if he made a serious run. I don't doubt him.

And yeah I know about Trump's debt, and his inflated net worth, and his bullshit appraisals. But even the more pessimistic of inventors and other rich folk figure he has $100M+ of liquid assets at any given time. He's closer to being POTUS than any other entirely unqualified rich person will ever be again and he can't be bothered to actually invest in it. Even if he had a 1% shot at a clean win, you'd think someone who could afford it would throw as much money as humanly possible at it? Hell, wouldn't it be easy to justify as an investment? Think of the untold billions of dollars he could (legally) move around between friends and family via legislation, taxes, foreign contracts and the like. Would it be horribly unethical? Duh. But does someone who cares about milking $150,000 a month of rent sound like a person who would hold back on cashing the office in? Hah.

The fuck is the point of bring that wealthy if you don't actually act wealthy in the process? It's about as unique and lucrative an business opportunity as anyone could possibly get!

Has Donald Trump said he would personally have nothing to do with the Trump Organization if he is elected? Because as a business that seems even more rife for conflict of interest than a charity like the Clinton Foundation.

ampere

I must not understand the point of being rich. To me, the idea of having to give a crap about a few hundred thousand dollars of renting to myself in my own freaking skyscraper would never enter my mind as a thing you'd even do. Take the GOTV funding in GA thing from yesterday, too. Shouldn't a $1M injection for a massive operation effectively be something you'd okay via text message? Take Bloomberg by comparison, who said he'd have no problem putting down $1B total if he made a serious run. I don't doubt him.

And yeah I know about Trump's debt, and his inflated net worth, and his bullshit appraisals. But even the more pessimistic of inventors and other rich folk figure he has $100M+ of liquid assets at any given time. He's closer to being POTUS than any other entirely unqualified rich person will ever be again and he can't be bothered to actually invest in it. Even if he had a 1% shot at a clean win, you'd think someone who could afford it would throw as much money as humanly possible at it? Hell, wouldn't it be easy to justify as an investment? Think of the untold billions of dollars he could (legally) move around between friends and family via legislation, taxes, foreign contracts and the like. Would it be horribly unethical? Duh. But does someone who cares about milking $150,000 a month of rent sound like a person who would hold back on cashing the office in? Hah.

The fuck is the point of bring that wealthy if you don't actually act wealthy in the process? It's about as unique and lucrative an business opportunity as anyone could possibly get!

Occam's Razor: Trump is functionally broke, essentially making it "paycheck to paycheck" in a sense.

Wilsongt

EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?! MAYBE WHO KILLED THE DNC STAFFER AND VINCE FOSTER?! JIMMY HOFFAH' BODY?! TRUML TOUPEE PRODUCER?! WE'LL NEVER KNOOOOOOOOOOW.

Fuck those emails.

I think we need a congressional hearing on the pickle jar. Was it pre loosened for her? If so, fraud. Crooked Hillary at it again.

Also Hillary to the lead in the LA Times USC mess of a poll.

Zereta

I think we need a congressional hearing on the pickle jar. Was it pre loosened for her? If so, fraud. Crooked Hillary at it again.

Wait really? Where? Isn't the USC poll the one that has had Trump leading all the way?

Teggy

Thank goodness. That poll is crazy, but the Trump camp was loving that he was ahead in it.

thefro

The "Hillary is falling behind our fundraising goals! Oh noes!" stuff must really A/B test well. Mook sends me like 2-3 of those a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom