• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

s284Hdz.png

sazzy

Morning Joe just showed what basically amounts to a cringe-compilation of Stephen Miller's weekend TV appearances.

After the clips, Mika and Joe are both like, "Things are so much worse than we thought."

UberTag

Morning Joe just showed what basically amounts to a cringe-compilation of Stephen Miller's weekend TV appearances.

After the clips, Mika and Joe are both like, "Things are so much worse than we thought."
Mika's pissed today and is not hiding her disgust in the slightest.
Can't say I blame her, either.

Flynn
Priebus
Bannon
Spicer
Mattis
Miller
Conway

How many of these are still part of the administration in a year? Who's the least likely to be gone?

UberTag

That article says Flynn is toast. Good, he seems to be the biggest source of consternation for the IC.
That's also a big reason why I don't believe Flynn is going anywhere.
Well, that... and his Russian connections.

Now if this was any other administration, Flynn would be scapegoated early this week. I suspect there's a significant amount of Republican pressure on Trump to do just that.

Flynn
Priebus
Bannon
Spicer
Mattis
Miller
Conway

How many of these are still part of the administration in a year? Who's the least likely to be gone?
Experts say Flynn falls first. My money is on Priebus... although Spicer may get sidelined into one of his two roles (press secretary or communications director) first. Most likely the former.

Pixieking

Banned
If Flynn isn't gone by Tuesday morning US-time, he'll get past this recent scandal. Today's the real make-or-break for his position in the administration. And I think he'll get through.

I can see Mattis quitting within the next 4 or 5 months.

Conway is settled in now. She's doing good work for Trump, so she ain't going anywhere.

If Miller, Bannon or Priebus jumps or is pushed-out, the whole circus will come down very quickly. For that reason I can see all them hating each-other, but not doing anything about it, so as not to destabilise the administration.

Blader

Chiefs of staff burn out relatively quickly anyway, so I don't think it's a stretch to think Priebus is gone by the end of next year, even if absolutely nothing bad happens to, or because of, him (lol).

I don't think Flynn is long for this administration even if he gets through this particular scandal. He's just too fucking stupid. He will land himself in hot water again in no time, and everyone in the media and the intelligence community will be waiting for it.

Spicer will probably not be press secretary within six months' time, though whether it's because he goes full-time as comms director or is just fired altogether, I'm not sure.

Flynn
Priebus
Bannon
Spicer
Mattis
Miller
Conway

Flynn, Spicer, and Priebus will go first IMO. Sounds like Flynn is a dead man walking. Press sec's don't last long and Spicer is worse than most, so that's a given. And I think Priebus will become a casualty after multiple clashes with House/senate leadership make it clear he's closer to Ryan than Trump.

Seems like Bannon or Conway would be next up as CoS. I think Conway can do the job but Bannon would be a disaster.

Ernest

Banned
I don't think there are any words I would call the best way to fight him. Making him mad isn't going stop anything he tries to do. It might send him further off the rails.

I think there is a little to much focus on ridicule and satire right now. I don't want citizens to see him as funny and ineffective. He's a threat.
I get that, and I agree that him being a threat should be taken VERY seriously, but ridiculing him can also play a part in destabilizing his "authority". It would have to be a delicate balancing act.

Breads

Banned
So to Trump the most qualified person for the job is the person who tells you what you want to hear the most.

Just another case that points to the president being illiterate.

GutsOfThor

A Tribe Called Quests' performance last night has people on my facebook shook up. They're posting shit like "If liberals want refugees in America, why don't they take care of them themselves"

Anyone have a good smart ass response to this?

I'm not witty :(

tuxfool

Banned
A Tribe Called Quests' performance last night has people on my facebook shook up. They're posting shit like "If liberals want refugees in America, why don't they take care of them themselves"

They have to get into america before people can take care of them.

Just tell them we already do.

dramatis

Probably the same people who want abortions banned but of course wouldn't take care of the babies themselves.

Teggy

It's in California and so he will pour scorn on them instead of support.

You mean like this guy? It wouldn't surprise me.

Kurt Schlichter‏ @KurtSchlichter

The Oroville Dam disaster is just a taste of what's to come under the incompetent Democrat oligarchy.
CA, you elected them.
It's on you.
8:52 PM · Feb 12, 2017

APF

It's not who I trust more, is what's worse, the KGB knowing everything the CIA tells the president or the CIA running around without proper oversight.
I don't share your optimism that the CIA will be given "proper oversight" regardless of whether they're more accommodating to the WH. We're not talking about an administration that particularly cares about the shady shit they might be doing--unless it negatively affects Russia, or trump's business concerns of course.

Depends on their background. Most people like that on my fb are supposedly Christians so I always come back with 'whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.' Its Matthew 25:40. They love that.

dramatis

How repealing Obamacare could splinter neighborhoods
In the early 1990s, one of Florida's most populous counties had a problem.

So many uninsured residents were using the public hospital that it was costing the county more and more money.

But unlike other communities suffering the same fate, Hillsborough County had a unique solution.

Local leaders were able to pass a half-cent sales tax increase to give health care services to about 30,000 uninsured residents. And 25 years later, the program is still going strong.
This means concentrated communities of uninsurance not only lack the means to pay for care, but they also lack access to it.

”It shapes the way they see the community," McKay says. They start thinking about who the community values and internalize that.

This is especially true of immigrant communities, which are more vulnerable to falling through the cracks.

In 2012, researcher Taewoo Kim wanted to understand why Korean immigrants were one of the least insured communities in the country. So he conducted in-depth interviews with 48 first-generation Korean Americans with legal status.

What he found was devastating.

Korean Americans were often small-business owners surviving on tight margins and extremely long hours. They experienced high levels of physical and emotional stress, but they felt the American health care system — especially its payment system — was largely inaccessible to them.

The researchers found that within the community, there were "widely circulated stories of financially devastating medical bills" that made health care institutions unreachable for Korean Americans.

Almost half of those interviewed did not have insurance.
Lots of stuff here, discussing the cohesion of communities as it relates to insured and uninsured residents.

Out of curiosity, is it an engineering and maintenance failure? I was under the impression that it's more just an freak storm that put out more water than they thought possible.
There's another storm coming, that's why it's becoming an even bigger problem.

sazzy

"If all liberals take care of refugees, who is going to pay for the red states?"

Teggy

Out of curiosity, is it an engineering and maintenance failure? I was under the impression that it's more just an freak storm that put out more water than they thought possible.

That's my understanding- there is an overflow 'slide' and it broke, allowing water to flow all over the place instead of directed to where its supposed to go.

AndyD

aka andydumi
That's my understanding- there is an overflow 'slide' and it broke, allowing water to flow all over the place instead of directed to where its supposed to go.

My limited understanding is that there is a main overflow area which was damaged and is operating at reduced capacity, causing water to go to the emergency overflow area which has now also become damaged as it's never been used before. The erosion in this second area could cause it's total collapse, but which still does not threaten the main dam's integrity at all.

We already do and we also take care of all the southern states also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom