• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Learn something every day

Just started playing MGS5 too, so I'm listening to tapes about Soviets and Afghanistan

NK 100% timed it to be when the PM was with trump
Obviously, but you get up quietly and find a private room, not conduct your national activity out in a dining area shared with other people.

Learn something every day

Just started playing MGS5 too, so I'm listening to tapes about Soviets and Afghanistan

Also remember the USSR had a lot of muslims. I think all of the -stan countries are majority Muslim. Russian see that as under is sphere of influence and can't go around saying Islam sucks.

And Kazakhstan has the Russian space program at Baikonur

Gruco

Banned
they're just so stupid

how did we get here :(

Let me tell you about these emails. And this guy Ben. And corrupt charities. And Vince Foster.
Well, for two reasons:

1) People assume money and power implies intelligence. This is incorrect, but also counter-intuitive. Stupid people get rich and are in positions of power allllll the time, but people don't realise or stop and think about it to understand how or why.

Supposedly, this mindset is driving a lot of the "supergenius Trump" conspiracy theories. People don't want to admit that an incompetent blow-hard could fall backwards into success because it's too much of a rejection of their strict meritocratic world-view.

kess

I'm stealing this from Canadian PoliGAF

635096550.jpg

Pixieking

Banned
Let me tell you about these emails. And this guy Ben. And corrupt charities. And Vince Foster.

Supposedly, this mindset is driving a lot of the "supergenius Trump" conspiracy theories. People don't want to admit that an incompetent blow-hard could fall backwards into success because it's too much of a rejection of their strict meritocratic world-view.

Yeah, true. To be fair, it is a massive injustice that Trump has failed so many times, and is POTUS. It's the kind of thing where you can kind-of understand people buying into the "supergenius" theory, because it genuinely makes a mockery of the work hard > get a raise > get a promotion > get a wife > work hard > retire > be happy cycle we're taught from an early age.

Nothing says "life fucking sucks and the world ain't fair" more than Trump being POTUS.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
idvxkvzpknfy.gif

Trudeau have clearly studied Trump's handshake and went for a counter. Countering the tug and also a reverse shoulder grab. That's my bae!

I find many of the people who vote Republican are the type who will gleefully stomp the shit out of people they know are going to be screwed under GOP policies, out of the hope that their efforts will somehow excuse them from any aforementioned screwing over.

Hey geniuses, guess what, the Republicans don't give a fuck about you.

I find many of the people who vote Republican are the type who will gleefully stomp the shit out of people they know are going to be screwed under GOP policies, out of the hope that their efforts will somehow excuse them from any aforementioned screwing over.

Hey geniuses, guess what, the Republicans don't give a fuck about you.
Realizing this is a big part of why my dad stopped voting Republican, along with Bush being a fuckup.

OmniOne

Holy Shit.

That immigration answer. I'm so embarrassed. Can we have Trudeau.

Trump starting rambling, and then talked about his electoral college victory.

Ernest

Banned
You expect him to care? Even from a pure self-interest point of view it doesn't matter because they live in California and their support doesn't matter at all to his success in 2020.
Ugh. You're probably right. I guess the "A" in "MAGA" stands for the American states that he won.

I could have swore he was asked a question about border security along Canada due to them accepting syrian refugees. But we got a rant about how great his electoral victory was and other nonsense.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Stephen Miller is only 31!?

We should add lessons in grade school health classes informing kids that being hateful bigoted conservatives leads to rapid aging.

why is he talking about his electoral college victory

One of the things I love about how he brags about the size of his Electoral College victory is that it was actually pretty narrow by historical standards. It was similar in magnitude to 1960 and 1976, both known for being close elections.

Blader

One of the things I love about how he brags about the size of his Electoral College victory is that it was actually pretty narrow by historical standards. It was similar in magnitude to 1960 and 1976, both known for being close elections.

Well he was the first Republican since 1988 to win over 300 electoral votes, so that's something.

sangreal

Well he was the first Republican since 1988 to win over 300 electoral votes, so that's something.

I mean, he is the 2nd republican to win at all since then so that isn't saying much. He beat 1 guy in that timeframe (Obama and Clinton had way over 300 in both their elections and re-elections)

So, we are one seat away from taking back the Washington State Senate and getting another trifecta. A Republican senator in a very D district died and there's an open seat now.

https://twitter.com/NatalieBrandK5/status/831220874715934721

@NatalieBrandK5
New #waleg news: KC Prosecutor, mental health advocate Manka Dhingra (D) announces run for 45th LD, seat formerly held by the late Andy Hill

The seat when 58/39 Obama/Romney and both state House members are Democrats (WA has two house seats per Senate districts). No Clinton numbers, but looking at the seat, it's in a decently blue area of King County where Hillary would have probably performed well in.

Also the Republicans put Dino Rossi in the seat lol so that means we absolutely doubley have to win.

jtb

Banned
So, we are one seat away from taking back the Washington State Senate and getting another trifecta. A Republican senator in a very D district died and there's an open seat now.

https://twitter.com/NatalieBrandK5/status/831220874715934721

The seat when 58/39 Obama/Romney and both state House members are Democrats (WA has two house seats per Senate districts). No Clinton numbers, but looking at the seat, it's in a decently blue area of King County where Hillary would have probably performed well in.

Also the Republicans put Dino Rossi in the seat lol so that means we absolutely doubley have to win.

Ha. Happy to roll up my sleeves and knock on some doors for this one. The Republican senate is a disgrace.

Ha. Happy to roll up my sleeves and knock on some doors for this one. The Republican senate is a disgrace.

omg

Rossi was selected to fulfill a vacancy in the State Senate's 5th district in 2012 after the resignation of Cheryl Pflug. He was again selected in 2016 to fulfill a vacancy in the 45th district after the death of Andy Hill.[7]

He hasn't won an election in forever.

School District In Canada Cancels Trips To U.S., Citing Border Policies, Safety
"We are just not completely clear on what might happen should a student's documentation be questioned and we would not want any of our students being denied entry," school board spokesman Scott Scantlebury says.
…
The school district's travel ban on visits to the U.S. comes days after a Canadian college athlete who has Moroccan roots was refused entry to the U.S. as his track team traveled for a meet in Boston.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ls-trips-to-u-s-citing-border-policies-safety

No tears here. I knew Trudeau would be a continuation of Harper and I was right.
to the Left, everybody else is the same as Harper... am right?
Gutter trash fears, actually having a party that gives a shit about the voters in Canada.

Seriously, the way you brush off every critique of Trudeau/Liberals is absurd.
Yas Prince!

any Lefty Canadian who criticizes Trudeau is ultimately serving the Conservatives

jtb

Banned
To be fair to Dino Rossi (lol), I'm pretty sure he's just filling in as a favor to the WA GOP, who is generally pretty hopeless. He makes way more money as a private citizen.

Apathy

Gutter trash fears, actually having a party that gives a shit about the voters in Canada.

Seriously, the way you brush off every critique of Trudeau/Liberals is absurd.

you really think that if the ndp got in power they wouldn't break election promises? cause if you actually believe that, please, please go look up world history at every other elected goverment ever from the dawn of humanity and realize no one, ever, EVER has kept, or will ever keep every campaign promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom