• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump, Ryan, and McConnell are in complete control of the country, meanwhile liberals are fighting over DNC chair and going after Bill fucking Maher... Yeah, that fells about right

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump, Ryan, and McConnell are in complete control of the country, meanwhile liberals are fighting over DNC chair and going after Bill fucking Maher... Yeah, that fells about right

You don't understand. He's smug.

edit: Liberals have also gotten on Maher a lot for his Islam stuff even though I think they sign on to the larger premise that religion is dangerous and needs to go away. If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say Maher's brand of Islamophobia is held by...maybe 60% of the population? Probably more. And, in some ways, I do agree that a material portion of western Islamic populations seem to hold views irreconcilable with liberal democracy. But that's only because I take those polls he cites at face value and am too lazy to really look it up.

He was the Secretary of Labor...

Which isn't exactly a recognizable position. Usually only Defense and State are even remotely identifiable to people. A lot of people know Clinton was SoS, Kerry was SoS, Mattis is SoD, Rumsfeld, Cheney, Rice, Powell, Albright. You get the idea. Compare that to like, UHD. Can most people even name one of them?

~Kinggi~

Banned

This trend has kind of disturbed me. I really hope the left doesnt tear itself apart while the right laughs maniacally like they usually do. We seem to be going down this road. Remember guys, the right is the party that is backing the pussy grabber potential Russian plant no problem. Think about that.

I'm pretty sure most people can simultaneously be politically engaged and rightfully criticize Bill Maher for being a jackass.

Y2Kev

Maybe they should do something productive with their time like get on Twitter and start trolling Russian bots.

More seriously, there's only so much room in the public consciousness. People are stupid. Honestly I've barely heard about Herr Trump this week. It's been all this Milo shit. The news media bounces around. You can't spare anyone off message.

Maybe they should do something productive with their time like get on Twitter and start trolling Russian bots.

More seriously, there's only so much room in the public consciousness. People are stupid. Honestly I've barely heard about Herr Trump this week. It's been all this Milo shit. The news media bounces around. You can't spare anyone off message.

Trump's been on vacation all week!

Bishman

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/22/media/trump-media-trust-quinnipiac/index.html

Republicans trust Donald Trump. Everyone else trusts the media.
That is the finding of a Quinnipiac University poll which shows a dramatic split between Republicans and other Americans when it comes to matters of trust.

Quinnipiac's survey found that 52% of voters trust the media more than they trust Trump, while only 37% said they trusted Trump more. Among Democrats, 86% said they trusted the media more than the president.

But among Republican voters, the balance is flipped: 78% said they trusted Trump more than the media, while just 13% said they trusted the media more.
The poll suggests that Trump's aggressive efforts to discredit the media over the last two years have had a profound effect not just on his base, but on Republican voters at large.

170222174703-trump-quinnipiac-poll-780x439.jpg

There is also a profound split between college-educated white voters and non-college-educated white voters, with the former trusting the media more (55% to 37%) and the latter trusting Trump more (also 55% to 37%).

Not surprised by the results.

You don't understand. He's smug.

edit: Liberals have also gotten on Maher a lot for his Islam stuff even though I think they sign on to the larger premise that religion is dangerous and needs to go away. If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say Maher's brand of Islamophobia is held by...maybe 60% of the population? Probably more. And, in some ways, I do agree that a material portion of western Islamic populations seem to hold views irreconcilable with liberal democracy. But that's only because I take those polls he cites at face value and am too lazy to really look it up.

Do you honestly not think that a polling agency couldn't get similar numbers among white Evangelicals as far as supporting a Christian theocratic state ala Sharia Law if you worked it correctly?

I mean, depending on the agency, American Muslims support gay marriage at slightly higher or lower numbers than evangelical Christians.

Y2Kev

Do you honestly not think that a polling agency couldn't get similar numbers among white Evangelicals as far as supporting a Christian theocratic state ala Sharia Law if you worked it correctly?

I mean, depending on the agency, American Muslims support gay marriage at slightly higher or lower numbers than evangelical Christians.

But we regularly trash American White Evangelicals as morally bankrupt and a horrible scourge on society. No?

~Kinggi~

Banned
So what happened with Firtisch. Rachel Maddow flipped her shit a day or two ago saying to watch this guy in VIenna whether or not if Jeff Sessions would go after him. She seems to be riding the train of 'DoJ aint doing shit now that Sessions is leading' when it comes to the Russia connections with manafort etc.

WedgeX

Banned
My God. Watching Parks and Rec season 4 and Leslie v. Paul Rudd is exactly the 2016 campaign. Trump took Paul Rudd's campaign and made it meaner.

So what happened with Firtisch. Rachel Maddow flipped her shit a day or two ago saying to watch this guy in VIenna whether or not if Jeff Sessions would go after him. She seems to be riding the train of 'DoJ aint doing shit now that Sessions is leading' when it comes to the Russia connections with manafort etc.
Huh?

She said it was a test. And it turned out he got arrested for extradition (although Spain curiously enough is also requesting extradition).

You can read whatever else you want into it, I guess.

I'm going to assume for the sake of argument that this is Senator McDaniel's actual Twitter handle even though it's not verified: https://twitter.com/senatormcdaniel

Check out his last 5 or so tweets. Assuming they are real and he wasn't hacked (who can ever tell anymore), how in the hell does this country stand a chance with a guys like him in Congress? Here is a sample of the tweets I'm talking about:

Sen. Chris McDaniel ‏@senatormcdaniel 10m10 minutes ago

Unite? Nope. We have nothing in common. We are here to crush liberalism.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My God. Watching Parks and Rec season 4 and Leslie v. Paul Rudd is exactly the 2016 campaign. Trump took Paul Rudd's campaign and made it meaner.

Currently finishing up another watchthrough and it is absolutely amazing how much that show absolutely nailed when it comes to politics.

Blader

I randomly rewatched the debate episode the other day and was stunned with how eerily similar it was to last year.

thefro

I'm going to assume for the sake of argument that this is Senator McDaniel's actual Twitter handle even though it's not verified: https://twitter.com/senatormcdaniel

Check out his last 5 or so tweets. Assuming they are real and he wasn't hacked (who can ever tell anymore), how in the hell does this country stand a chance with a guys like him in Congress? Here is a sample of the tweets I'm talking about:

He's not in Congress, lol, he lost the primary.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>

He's a state senator. He's a nobody.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently a Anthem lobbyist went directly from being an anthem lobbiest to a deputy counsel to the president.

Probably a matter of time before that Anthem-Cigna merger gets approved.

Mutant

This trend has kind of disturbed me. I really hope the left doesnt tear itself apart while the right laughs maniacally like they usually do. We seem to be going down this road. Remember guys, the right is the party that is backing the pussy grabber potential Russian plant no problem. Think about that.

And the current DNC lost to the pussy grabber potential Russian plant no problem, so maybe some bloodletting is needed.
Y2Kev said:
Liberals have also gotten on Maher a lot for his Islam stuff even though I think they sign on to the larger premise that religion is dangerous and needs to go away. If I had to put a figure on it, I'd say Maher's brand of Islamophobia is held by...maybe 60% of the population? Probably more. And, in some ways, I do agree that a material portion of western Islamic populations seem to hold views irreconcilable with liberal democracy. But that's only because I take those polls he cites at face value and am too lazy to really look it up.
Wait what are you saying exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom