• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever wins will likely face unfair scrutiny from so called allies. If Ellison wins I'd expect various folks to send quotes to Politico for a hit piece in 3-6 months about how he's not doing well. If Perez wins we'll have an endless amount of stories about what corporate donations the party has accepted. It'll be a shit show to some degree. But ultimately I think both would do well. This didn't need to be a heavily publicized "battle" and I put the blame squarely on Sanders for that.

Are people bitter? Yea. A lot of people had been planning for Hillary's victory for quite some time. Lots of people thought they'd have jobs right now. I understand being upset with Sanders but as Cybit pointed out...his people supported Clinton at higher levels than Obama received from Clinton's supporters. The base didn't show up in the numbers we needed. That's on the candidate more than anything else in my personal opinion. But at the end of the day Bernie Sanders is a righteous dick who hasn't accomplished much of anything in Washington, and he's technically not a democrat. I have no problem with people being upset about him or not wanting him to influence the party in some major way.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'll point you to my earlier link that points out that per the DNC delegates' own emails; the Perez supporters are the one politicizing this heavily compared to the Ellison supporters. :p

As I've said for months (if not years) now; the Clinton supporters are as bitter and petty about the whole thing (why do you think Obama didn't care for the DNC). People don't like losing.

I'm not saying the Clinton types are any better, just that I doubt giving the Bernie guys Ellison will mollify them. I remain of the opinion the only way out is to pick someone un-involved in the primary shit. Also that this never should have been made as public as it is in the first place.

Blader

I think the "publicized" nature of the DNC chair race is a product of our echo chambers. I don't think most Democrats know or care about who Tom Perez, Keith Ellison, and the DNC chair position really are.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the "publicized" nature of the DNC chair race is a product of our echo chambers. I don't think most Democrats know or care about who Tom Perez, Keith Ellison, and the DNC chair position really are.

There was a thing on CNN the other night where they had everyone on speaking about their plans. It's been way more public than it usually is.

Mayor Pete is really the hero we need right now.

No jokes, the guy has what it takes to be a force for unity and actually implement something resembling a workable 50 state strategy.
I wonder if Mayor Pete could make a bid for president work. He's young, speaks great, and has a ton of charisma.

Going from Trump to the first openly gay president would be something, probably even crazier than going from Obama to Trump.

kirblar

I wonder if Mayor Pete could make a bid for president work. He's young, speaks great, and has a ton of charisma.

Going from Trump to the first openly gay president would be something, probably even crazier than going from Obama to Trump.
He and Kander need to put in the work climbing the ladder. They're both obviously talented (and their military background is perfect for where the Dems are headed as a party) but 2020 is going to be a massive brawl consisting of the many, many senators we have itching to throw their hat in the ring.

Blader

It's not like Mayor Pete is the only one advocating for a 50 state strategy. Both Perez and Ellison are committed to it, too.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Never not a shit show.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN1622IF

Exclusive - Trump wants to expand U.S. nuclear arsenal, make it 'top of the pack': Reuters interview

President Donald Trump said on Thursday he wants to build up the U.S. nuclear arsenal to ensure it is at the "top of the pack," saying the United States has fallen behind in its atomic weapons capacity.

In a Reuters interview, Trump also complained about Russian deployment of a cruise missile in violation of an arms control treaty and said he would raise the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin when and if they meet.

On another front, Trump said China could solve the national security challenge posed by North Korea "very easily if they want to," ratcheting up pressure on Beijing to exert more influence to rein in Pyongyang's increasingly bellicose actions.

Speaking from behind his desk in the Oval Office, Trump also declared himself "very angry" at North Korea's ballistic missile tests and said accelerating a missile defense system for U.S. allies Japan and South Korea was among many options available.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
lol.

Some reporter found out that Sheriff Clarke was in Russia the same time as Flynn and Stien. Probably at the event as well.

CV4pp4DXAAAonW5.jpg

https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/675022833806897153

Never not a shit show.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-idUSKBN1622IF

Exclusive - Trump wants to expand U.S. nuclear arsenal, make it 'top of the pack': Reuters interview

President Donald Trump said on Thursday he wants to build up the U.S. nuclear arsenal to ensure it is at the "top of the pack," saying the United States has fallen behind in its atomic weapons capacity.

In a Reuters interview, Trump also complained about Russian deployment of a cruise missile in violation of an arms control treaty and said he would raise the issue with Russian President Vladimir Putin when and if they meet.

On another front, Trump said China could solve the national security challenge posed by North Korea "very easily if they want to," ratcheting up pressure on Beijing to exert more influence to rein in Pyongyang's increasingly bellicose actions.

Speaking from behind his desk in the Oval Office, Trump also declared himself "very angry" at North Korea's ballistic missile tests and said accelerating a missile defense system for U.S. allies Japan and South Korea was among many options available.
Uh, it kinda is top of the pack

President Donald Trump on Thursday spoke favorably about an export-boosting border adjustment tax proposal being pushed by Republicans in the U.S. Congress, but did not specifically endorse it.

Trump had previously sent mixed signals on the proposal at the heart of a Republican plan to overhaul the U.S. tax code for the first time in more than 30 years.

"It could lead to a lot more jobs in the United States," Trump told Reuters in an interview, using his most positive language to date on the proposal.

Trump sent conflicting signals about his position on the border adjustability tax in separate media interviews in January, saying in one interview that it was "too complicated" and in another that it was still on the table.

"I certainly support a form of tax on the border," he told Reuters on Thursday. "What is going to happen is companies are going to come back here, they're going to build their factories and they're going to create a lot of jobs and there's no tax."

THE BORDER TAX IS FUCKING DEAD

Wilsongt

Yesterday: Transgender bathroom rights are a state's rights issue.

Today: The DoJ is coming after states who voted to legalize marijuana.

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS YOU USELESS FUCKS.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yesterday: Transgender bathroom rights are a state's rights issue.

Today: The DoJ is coming after states who voted to legalize marijuana.

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS YOU USELESS FUCKS.

They are already doing and will do it more. Will say weed leads to the opioid problem.

I'll point you to my earlier link that points out that per the DNC delegates' own emails; the Perez supporters are the one politicizing this heavily compared to the Ellison supporters. :p

As I've said for months (if not years) now; the Clinton supporters are as bitter and petty about the whole thing (why do you think Obama didn't care for the DNC). People don't like losing.
You're referring to different groups of people though. Pooliticos "insiders" (lol) and people who actually vote for this role vs loud internetz denizens.

Assuming the former includes anyone of import, which is probably a big assumption, their animosity probably matters more. The DNC chair role probably isn't going to be very effective without good relationships with other parts of the party apparatus and evil donors that pay for everything.

Vixdean

Conservatives sure do love Russia.

McCarthy and Truman are spinning in their graves.

The whole Republican obsession with Putin was just so strange and came out of nowhere. No one really thought much of it when a bunch of Tea Party types started comparing Putin favorably to Obama out of nowhere years ago. Ted Cruz was one of them and he's been extremely dismissive of the Russian hacking story as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom