• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner Still Benefiting From Business Empire, Filings Show
Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law, will remain the beneficiaries of a sprawling real estate and investment business still worth as much as $741 million, despite their new government responsibilities, according to ethics filings released by the White House Friday night.

Ms. Trump will also maintain a stake in the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. The hotel, just down the street from the White House, has drawn protests from ethics experts who worry that foreign governments or special interests could stay there in order to curry favor with the administration.

It is unclear how Ms. Trump would earn income from that stake. Mr. Kushner’s financial disclosures say that Ms. Trump earned between $1 million and $5 million from January 2016 to March 2017, and puts the value of her stake at between $5 million and $25 million.

The disclosures were part of a broad, Friday-night document release by the White House that exposed the assets of as many as 180 senior officials to public scrutiny. The reports show assets and wealth that senior staff members owned at the time they entered government service.
Although Mr. Kushner has stepped down from his management positions at the more than 200 entities that operated aspects of the family real estate business, he will remain a beneficiary of the vast majority of the business he ran for the past decade, through a series of trusts that already owned the various real estate companies.
The disclosures do not reveal the names of investors and lenders to ventures that Mr. Kushner is retaining a stake in. For example, the form shows Mr. Kushner is retaining a stake in a limited liability corporation that owns a Trump-branded luxury rental high rise building in Jersey City, worth as much as $5 million. That project was financed with tens of millions of dollars from wealthy Chinese investors through a controversial visa-for-sale program called EB-5.

However, the filing does not disclose the names of any of those investors — or partners in any of his other projects.
He is still the sole primary beneficiary of the majority of the trusts that will retain assets, with his children as the secondary beneficiary.

DonShula

baykkA.png

I wanted to draw a con-man parallel between Trump and Carl Weathers but then I realized Carl actually gave the acting lessons.

Slacker

On Reddit I saw one of those "you're kidnapped and the cast of the last tv show you watched are coming to save you" threads. Mine would be Rachel Maddow. I'm probably buggered but at least people will hear about my last days in detail.

On Reddit I saw one of those "you're kidnapped and the cast of the last tv show you watched are coming to save you" threads. Mine would be Rachel Maddow. I'm probably buggered but at least people will hear about my last days in detail.

After that joke of a tax reveal, I wouldn't trust her with my luggage, let alone my life.

Crocodile

LMFAO at this dramatic music for this special going on at MSNBC

Also holy shit the Sessions thing was THIS month? So much shit happened this month :(

How much more shit can we take?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A nice little tweet thread showing journalists work around the White House's stupid obstacles to getting tonight's financial disclosures.

Eric Umansky @ericuman
https://twitter.com/ericuman/status/847995596413837316

1/ A quick story about White House needless obfuscation, and the ways we can counter it with creative journalism…

2/ As you've probably seen, the White House just dropped an epic Friday Night news dump. But they did it with an extra dose of opacity...

3/ they made WH staffers' financial disclosures "available," but they didn't actually post them.

4/ they required a separate request for each disclosure. And they didn't give names. It was like playing transparency Bingo.

5/ ProPublica editor @tracyweber had a good idea: why not pool effort with our journo buddies, get the docs, and post em.

6/ minutes later, the @nytimes and @AP were onboard. A instant journo collaboration to defeat stupid opacity.

7/ we quickly pushed out requests for all docs, which you can now dive into yourselves: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwDYM_Qm5fLWS2EtLVpuV1VaMlU …

8/ we want u to tell us what you see: http://propub.li/2nTx8x2 Because the best chance of defeating needless secrecy is a collective effort

Full folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BwDYM_Qm5fLWVXgzMVZMLVA0Ync

~Kinggi~

Banned
Trash Maher keeps on Trashing.

I simply don't agree. Have to say i think we have room on the left to not blanket people like Maher as trash when we are dealing with shit like Trump. When i watch Maher i'd say 90% of the time i see people talking about issues and calling out bullshit as best as they can. The other 10% is them contributing bullshit i personally dont agree with.

I simply don't agree. Have to say i think we have room on the left to not blanket people like Maher as trash when we are dealing with shit like Trump. When i watch Maher i'd say 90% of the time i see people talking about issues and calling out bullshit as best as they can. The other 10% is them contributing bullshit i personally dont agree with.

hmmm, sure, it is undeniable that there are some good bits in that format, but mang.... how he handled milo... it is very hard to deny that Maher is deserving of the term.

~Kinggi~

Banned
hmmm, sure, it is undeniable that there are some good bits in that format, but mang.... how he handled milo... it is very hard to deny that Maher is deserving of the term.

Absolutely he handled Milo incredibly poorly and i even expressed that here when it happened. But Maher has been operating for decades and he attracts people to his circle that are very much in line with my thinking. My opinion of the world is im never gonna find someone that agrees with my sensibilities 100% and if i do and they are a female i should probably marry them. But i feel like maybe i grew up in a different generation than a lot of the younger people today that see a single topic they dont agree with and then feel like thats it for them, and the opposition is evil. I mean, I'll take the Michael Shannon approach of 'time for the urn fucker' for most trumpets that double down on the major stupid shit he represents no doubt but people that generally go in line with me arent enemies.

Chumley

Banned

Same feelings here. He's far from perfect but disregarding him entirely as "trash" instead of trying to have a perspective on what he offers and what he needs to work on is counter intuitive at best.

numble

It's unconstitutional if the any of the business holding are not American, but just illegal if they are using their position in the government to unfairly give their businesses a competitive edge.
What is unconstitutional about foreign business holdings?

My boy Perriello just got the most important endorsement of his life.

Actually it's just Teachout, good to see the pols I get attached to sticking together though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This would be too sad if it was an April Fool's joke, so I'm assuming it's real.

Seems Takei confirmed it on his FB and comments are all congratulating him.

Does him confirming it on April 1st actually mean its real or just that its a multi tiered April Fools prank?

~Kinggi~

Banned
I mean the timing is suspect while at the same time Takei has been an incredibly vocal opponent of this type of shit and Nunes has gone the crazy just this week. Who the fuck knows. Id vote for him if i could.

Absolutely he handled Milo incredibly poorly and i even expressed that here when it happened. But Maher has been operating for decades and he attracts people to his circle that are very much in line with my thinking. My opinion of the world is im never gonna find someone that agrees with my sensibilities 100% and if i do and they are a female i should probably marry them. But i feel like maybe i grew up in a different generation than a lot of the younger people today that see a single topic they dont agree with and then feel like thats it for them, and the opposition is evil. I mean, I'll take the Michael Shannon approach of 'time for the urn fucker' for most trumpets that double down on the major stupid shit he represents no doubt but people that generally go in line with me arent enemies.

Im aware. I've been following him for decades. Which is why, for me, it has been a slow descent into a near complete loss of respect. Like i said, i love the format, i just no longer think maher is the man to keep it going. Straws, camels, and backs.

Also poligaf skews 30+, if memory serves.

pigeon

Banned
Takei was a politician in the past. In his biography he said he would have run for office more except that the Fairness Doctrine meant that his opponents would get free air time whenever Star Trek episodes aired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom