• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, George does not seem like the type of person to fuck around with a subject like this.

C8U80ShXcAE_-j8.jpg

George Takei‏Verified account @GeorgeTakei

No, I'm not running for Congress. Happy 4/1!

But Jon Ossoff is on 4/18. Help him win at http://electjon.com . Let's flip Congress in '18

Seems rather pointless, but that's my opinion on every April Fool's joke. Stupid "holiday".

broz0rs

It must be disappointing for people who would have liked to seen a high profile person to run against Nunes considering how despised he is at the moment.

Maxim726X

hmmm, sure, it is undeniable that there are some good bits in that format, but mang.... how he handled milo... it is very hard to deny that Maher is deserving of the term.

Yeah, that was really bad. He got flak for that and he deserved it.

But again, the left seems to revel in biting off their nose to spite their face.

He agrees with 95% of the liberal agenda... But that's not good enough to pass the liberal purity test!

@elianayjohnson
Obama admin official created list of docs related to Russian interference - & hand-carried it to Senate intel cmte -

I know this was talked about yesterday, but I just realized that this is another example of Nunes being kept out of the loop. For some strange reason, people with knowledge of the investigation keep refraining from giving intel to Nunes.

Oh and this video clip of Nunes' presser hasn't aged very well.

@brianklaas
Hilarious statement from Nunes in hindsight, now that we know the White House gave him the documents & he viewed them there. He was lying.

Saturday afternoon Twitter deflection time!

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago
Wow, @FoxNews just reporting big news. Source: "Official behind unmasking is high up. Known Intel official is responsible. Some unmasked....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 48s48 seconds ago
..not associated with Russia. Trump team spied on before he was nominated." If this is true, does not get much bigger. Would be sad for U.S.

Wow, @FoxNews just reporting big news. Source: "Official behind unmasking is high up. Known Intel official is responsible. Some unmasked....

..not associated with Russia. Trump team spied on before he was nominated." If this is true, does not get much bigger. Would be sad for U.S.

They keep repackaging the same information.

The fact that he is still talking about Fox News stories like he is a schlub sitting on a couch and not the Fucking President is galling.

ivajz

Why did it take him 12min to write that follow up?

DonShula

If they were listening to you before the nomination, you must have been talking to some BAD HOMBRES.

I like how he conflates being investigated over Russian connections before he was the nominee with being spied on.

DonShula

I like how he conflates being investigated over Russian connections before he was the nominee with being spied on.

In a way it points to him being dumber than I expected. "Ha! They were listening to me BEFORE they should have been!"

Help me, Obi Wan JimComey. You're my only hope.

DonShula

Has Trump even seen Barron since the inauguration?

Did he ever see Baron before the inauguration?

Kid at least has a fighting chance if the president isn't actually parenting him. He'll have a rough enough time after his dad goes down as worst president in history. He'll probably change his name back to Drumpf.

pigeon

Banned
What the hell does unmasking mean?

When conversations are transcribed as part of an intelligence investigation, names of American citizens who don't have FISA warrants against them are masked -- replaced with "[US CITIZEN]", basically. This is called minimization.

Unmasking, obviously, is putting the names back.

My impression is that Nunes's documents weren't actually unmasked, he could just tell who the citizens were. Which is not that surprising since he was on the team.

Armaros

When conversations are transcribed as part of an intelligence investigation, names of American citizens who don't have FISA warrants against them are masked -- replaced with "[US CITIZEN]", basically. This is called minimization.

My impression is that Nunes's documents weren't actually unmasked, he could just tell who the citizens were. Which is not that surprising since he was on the team.

And the people in question have distinct mannerisms.

And the people in question have distinct mannerisms.

I want to CTRL+F the transcripts for "tremendous."

Nunes hasn't even confirmed that he's talking about direct incidental communication, and not just mentions of the Trump administration. There's a decent chance the report shows something like:

"I just ordered a shitload of [US PERSON] Steaks. He better fucking show his appreciation after inauguration."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Yeah, from what I recall, Intelligence Agencies still give them a number in the conversation. So if there is like 5 different people, they will be labeled [US CITIZEN 1], [US CITIZEN 2], ect.

So yeah, if you know recall the conversation first hand, you can likely say who person #3 is in a specific document (Or hell, identify it as your self)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
He didn't defend really. He just wants Dems to focus on the real fights. Instead of the petty shit.
Being mad about O'Reilly being a racist asshole isn't taking away resources from the real fights. Maher is making the classic, privileged argument that blatant racism should be tolerated as either jokes or minutiae, either of which the targets of said racism should simply brush off.

The guy that created the rainbow flag died today. He lived to see the legalization of same sex marriage. A reminder of how bad the world used to be, and how far we've come

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
O Reilly is a provocateur. He says shit like this for attention. We already know he is a terrible person. Him saying this won't change anyone's minds for better or worse. The cunts who agree will still be cunts regardless of what is said.

I don't really like Maher either, though.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The fact that he is still talking about Fox News stories like he is a schlub sitting on a couch and not the Fucking President is galling.

The reality is that his wife and kid are in NY, his grown children are with their families, and he does not strike me as having any real friends. So he probably is sitting around watching Fox all by himself all weekend if he's not out golfing.

I think he said exactly that after the infamous White House trip. They were redacted, but he could tell who was who.

according to the Times I don't even thing this was incidental communications. It was foreigners talking about Trump. Would he be masked in that.

Also according to lawfare masking is pretty bad because context makes things obvious. He said he'd seen [incidential US President]

Purity test is code for "I don't think the issue you care about matters."

I mean... it is and it isn't. A purity test, to me, is a tool employed by... I guess you'd call them sort of the inverse of the single issue voter. They're a many-issues voter, and if you fail one of their many issues (really more stances or postures than issues tbh), they write you off.

When those people use it tho, it's absolutely what you're describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom