• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why it's not good to ask if you regret your vote.

@williamjordann
Here's a "100 Days" comparison:

Would you vote to re-elect?

Trump (2017)
36% Yes
55% No

Obama (2009)
52% Yes
31% No

(Fox News Poll)

C-XxNMAWAAEa_Ty.jpg

54% of voters didn't vote for Trump, so that's a +1 from 2016. Even if Libertarians and Greens steal 3% (which, will they again?), a 7% margin would be hard for him to overcome.

Ogodei

What Did Cedric Robinson Mean by Racial Capitalism?

Old article, but this is why I get so riled up by the economic justice crowd. It just feels like they are repeating Marx's mistakes over and over again, instead of reading up on newer, more updated ideas from people like Cedric Robinson.

For instance from the article, not from Cedric directly...

I wish folks would update their ideology.

He's not wrong that there's at least a correlation between the rise of racism in its modern form and the industrial revolution. Racism is old as time but this concept of racial and ethnic purity, that certain races are categorically inferior, or that the optimum form of the state is a monoculture, is modern.

It is questionable that capitalism encouraged any of it, however. War profiteers, the military-industrial complex, and even colonial-based businesses were always small sections of the economies of the Great Powers. There was always more money in peace than in war, in the aggregate, although certain economic sectors (like, say, Diamonds) did benefit greatly from imperialism, for the most part the imperialism of the late 19th century was a wash or a drain on the finances of the powers that pursued it.

sphagnum

Banned
What Did Cedric Robinson Mean by Racial Capitalism?

Old article, but this is why I get so riled up by the economic justice crowd. It just feels like they are repeating Marx's mistakes over and over again, instead of reading up on newer, more updated ideas from people like Cedric Robinson.

For instance from the article, not from Cedric directly...

I wish folks would update their ideology.

I'll have to take a look at this.

Oh hey look, Trump is now admitting that he's just flat out not releasing his tax returns ever.

“The president has no intention” of releasing his tax returns along with his tax reform package, Mnuchin said Wednesday. “The president has released plenty of information, and I think has given more financial disclosure than anybody else. I think the American population has plenty of information on his taxes.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/26/trump-no-tax-returns-steven-mnuchin-237642

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm not sure how this made it out of trumps hands. It's got more than nine bullet points

They have zero idea what they're doing. Mnuchin was called "Secretary of Commerce" in a WH press release today.

broz0rs

Whenever I hear about tax reform and how pubs want to simplify it, I think about how I sat through four semesters of tax classes for my Accounting bachelors degrees and get mad about how I get wrong answers in exams because of exceptions in various tax laws. Most exceptions are aimed at tax avoidance passed by Congress which then gets added to the Tax Code. This is why I don't buy this tax reform nonsense and this simplifying bullshit, it will be a bunch of tax cuts.

Insurance companies are attacking the AHCA.

AARP are attacking the AHCA.

We brought both on board the ACA. Having powerful allies invested in maintaining your successes is good!
That may be, but special interests are evil! What's the good in having people support your plans if you can't feel ideologically pure about it?

"The president has released plenty of information, and I think has given more financial disclosure than anybody else."

I mean, c'mon. Just say he's not releasing them. You don't need to blatantly lie.

They have zero idea what they're doing. Mnuchin was called "Secretary of Commerce" in a WH press release today.

"And that title can be changed to JANITOR if you don't go out there and say what's on those cards, Steve!!!!"

geomon

Donald Trump to strip all funding from State Department team promoting women's rights around the world

Donald Trump plans to strip all funding from a State Department bureau that promotes the rights of women around the world, it has emerged.

Oxfam America led criticism of the move, saying said cutting funds for the Office of Global Women’s Issues would have “dire consequences for millions of people, as well as our global standing”.

Documents first leaked to Foreign Policy showed plans to reduce the office’s 2016 budget of $8.25 million (£6.43 million) to zero in 2018, though the President’s budget will still have to make it past Congress.

Yeah, so......yup. That's happening.

The office’s work had been championed by defeated presidential candidate Hillary Clinton during her time as Secretary of State under Barack Obama.

What a petulant little fucker Trump is.

Sianos

Oh boy look who is coming back to Berkeley

It's Milo......
The irony of a day protesting against Black Lives Matter in the bastardized name of "free speech" after white America focused their fury on Kaepernick for daring to use his platform to speak out against police brutality.

But debating the morality of sexually abusing children is valuable speech that must be given a wide, uncontested platform! With no rebuttals, or else you'll just encourage him to self-censor in the future, which is just as bad! /s

Slizeezyc

The irony of a day protesting against Black Lives Matter in the bastardized name of "free speech" after white America focused their fury on Kaepernick for daring to use his platform to speak out against police brutality.

But debating the morality of sexually abusing children is valuable speech that must be given a wide, uncontested platform! With no rebuttals, or else you'll just encourage him to self-censor in the future, which is just as bad! /s

Look, white men are the only ones who matter, okay? Gosh.

I am upset that this looks like a victory.

It's unfortunate because the deal could probably use an update but I don't trust that idiot to get the right people to negotiate it.

Zolo

Trump has agreed not to pull out of NAFTA “at this time,” he told Trudeau and Peña Nieto
The wall's going to be built "at some point", so I guess Trump's just going to keep bringing up points about how it'll happen at some time or things have changed since he got into office.

jtb

Banned
The wall's going to be built "at some point", so I guess Trump's just going to keep bringing up points about how it'll happen at some time or things have changed since he got into office.

Same time he'll release his tax returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom