• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Not to be some news luddite, there was no mythical "era of rational news consumption" or whatever but jesus christ this is fucked up. The news should not draw us in with a prescription for how it will make us feel. And this is what counts as news for a ton of people
DDQ3gNJXoAEI_xK.jpg

If there was anything tangible at this point, we'd all know about it.

The prime target surrounding the collusion narrative has been Michael Flynn, but at this point we know that his conversations with the ambassador (that people on both sides had, since...you know, it's his job) didn't amount to any actual collusion and he was cleared. Even the Washington Post admits this and they're not exactly unbiased:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.82e90b77f7eb

Basically, the entire investigation is based around people talking to someone who's Russian, at some point, about anything. That's all we've heard since the initial Flynn angle. Yet there's no smoking gun after 8 months and they won't find one 12 months from now either.

The Watergate investigation may have taken 2 years, but that was over 30 years ago. Information moves a hell of a lot faster now.

Again - I'm not American, I'm not "on the right", I don't have a dog in any fight here. From an outsider's perspective, the entire thing has become fucking hilarious to an extent, with CNN's constant "BREAKING NEWS" about Russia, but the longer it drags on the more damage it causes - and I don't mean to Trump. The Democratic party is dying and instead of trying to pull itself together it's dragging along with this entire narrative. I really don't understand the point in continuing in this direction, he's not getting impeached. That's a pipedream.
I don't know if you are doing it on purpose or not, but you're quoting, basically verbatim, the alt right talking points over the investigation

The prime target surrounding the collusion narrative has been Michael Flynn, but at this point we know that his conversations with the ambassador (that people on both sides had, since...you know, it's his job) didn't amount to any actual collusion and he was cleared. Even the Washington Post admits this and they're not exactly unbiased:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-reviewed-flynns-calls-with-russian-ambassador-but-found-nothing-illicit/2017/01/23/aa83879a-e1ae-11e6-a547-5fb9411d332c_story.html?utm_term=.82e90b77f7eb

Basically, the entire investigation is based around people talking to someone who's Russian, at some point, about anything. That's all we've heard since the initial Flynn angle. Yet there's no smoking gun after 8 months and they won't find one 12 months from now either.

The Watergate investigation may have taken 2 years, but that was over 30 years ago. Information moves a hell of a lot faster now.

Again - I'm not American, I'm not "on the right", I don't have a dog in any fight here. From an outsider's perspective, the entire thing has become fucking hilarious to an extent, with CNN's constant "BREAKING NEWS" about Russia, but the longer it drags on the more damage it causes - and I don't mean to Trump. The Democratic party is dying and instead of trying to pull itself together it's dragging along with this entire narrative. I really don't understand the point in continuing in this direction, he's not getting impeached. That's a pipedream.

Alright gang, it's time to double down on this Russia Collusion narrative. It's getting to em'.

Mizerman

Yeah right.

kirblar

Not to be some news luddite, there was no mythical "era of rational news consumption" or whatever but jesus christ this is fucked up. The news should not draw us in with a prescription for how it will make us feel. And this is what counts as news for a ton of people
Yup. People have always been bad.

And you know the "content" the headline is for was either slapped together by an intern in about five minutes or was just outright plagiarized.

Surfinn

Curious who he knows and how he would know this. Anything leaking related to Comey makes sense because of their relationship and everything he's leaked so far has been Comey related.
Seems like he has an in with NYT? I think most of the bombs have come from them.

You do realize he's also being investigated for obstructing justice? Even if he didn't collude with Russians, there are a number of other things he's gotta worry about.

And Gamergate was really just about ethics in gaming journalism.

Surfinn

You think the NYT might be leaking their story to Benjamin as sort of an announcement of an announcement kinda thing? Hmmmm
Not officially. I think he could have a connection with somebody there. But he's definitely got an in somewhere because his posts often lead to substantial news.

Kusagari

Every single post defending Trump at some points says, "I'm not right wing, I don't like Trump, I'm not even American" while spitting out the same talking points as every Trump diehard alt-right supporter.

Gruco

Banned
I don't know if you are doing it on purpose or not, but you're quoting, basically verbatim, the alt right talking points over the investigation

Probably just a coincidence.

I often run into average Joes on the street who tell me "even the lying, failing Washington Post, who is trying to destroy the Trump presidency with their bias and their fake news, is forced to admit that their narrative about the Trump and Russia story is completely bogus. Just look at this article from January. By ignoring the last four months of developments, I've proven that we've already learned everything."

When will the elites in the Hollywood/Ivory Tower bubble learn that what blue collar workers in the Rust Belt really care about is having an FBI which refuses to investigate crimes and espionage?

Why else would he be smiling?

Russia investigation? Lol

I think some random person on twitter saying "McConnell smiled today" the appropriate response is not "IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!"

I think you guys need to not hover on Twitter 24/7. Some weird stuff gets posted here from Twitter all the time, people panic, it turns out it wasn't really anything, but 3 pages were spent freaking out.

Remember when someone randomly said on Twitter "Hey guys, Kennedy might retire" and everyone lost their minds last week? He literally didn't say anything other than that, no rumor, no evidence, nothing. But of course it was time to PANIC

Diablos

Heller and Collins are noes

Pence breaks tie.

Telling yalls, Paul is in a gang of 4. He will probably do what the rest of them agree to. Which is ultimately going to be yes.

I think some random person on twitter saying "McConnell smiled today" the appropriate response is not "IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!"

I think you guys need to not hover on Twitter 24/7. Some weird stuff gets posted here from Twitter all the time, people panic, it turns out it wasn't really anything, but 3 pages were spent freaking out.

Remember when someone randomly said on Twitter "Hey guys, Kennedy might retire" and everyone lost their minds last week? He literally didn't say anything other than that, no rumor, no evidence, nothing. But of course it was time to PANIC
This is true.

Ogodei

Interesting to see Paul's justification for voting for it, if so.

Or why Cruz migrated with none of his demands being met.

Johnson has softened, though, which is disheartening.

Thaedolus

I mean...I voted for Justin Trudeau. But alrighty then.

I don't think the average American understands how ridiculous the entire thing looks to the rest of the world, not that you guys tend to care about that sort of thing. Country seems more divided than ever before.

Carry on then.

America was victimized by an act of war by a hostile foreign power that misinformed large sections of the populous about our elections. Our allies should be (and are) rendering aid to help mitigate the damage. Why isn't this a huge story in your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom