• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Like I said in the other thread, Trump successfully flipped the table on the fake news term. It was originally about how fake news helped him win the election. Now people have forgotten and just think fake news is about fake news stories against him.

Trump has done that with Comey and the tapes; he thought Comey would say he had tapes so he hinted he might have tapes himself first. He is always doing projection and trying to attack people with what he might be attacked with.

LBJ was not a nice person and he was pretty damn corrupt, but he cared about poverty and social welfare like few presidents ever did, and by all accounts it wasn't a show.

And I don't think you can pin Vietnam on LBJ, he inherited that mess and unlike JFK, he wanted nothing to do with it.
RFK should go fuck himself in general.

LBJ inherited a pretty small military operation, and McNamara says point blank in "The Fog of War" that he's convinced Kennedy would not have expanded the war as massively as LBJ ended up doing, Kennedy having been much more skeptical of and willing to push back against his military "experts" thanks to the Bay of Pigs debacle crafted under Eisenhower but which he ended up holding the bag for.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Favreau is speculating that he knows something about the investigation that is about to be released and is being more crazy than usual as a result.

GusBus

Favreau is speculating that he knows something about the investigation that is about to be released and is being more crazy than usual as a result.

Hope so. Need more oppo to be released to tip him into beast mode. I have a feeling it's going to ramp up if the ship really is going down ("witch hunt" type tweets etc.).

Zolo

Hope so. Need more oppo to be released to tip him into beast mode. I have a feeling it's going to ramp up if the ship really is going down ("witch hunt" type tweets etc.).

Hopefully he doesn't get to the point where he drops a nuke on North Korea.

Kid Heart

I believe it. This reminds me of how he acted around the time of the Steele dossier being revealed.

It has to be either that, or the stress of the presidency finally got to him.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

The way this reads, Favreau is the one who knows something about the investigation. The quote for anyone who was confused:

I wonder if Trump knows something we don't about the investigation, because he's a bit more unhinged than usual right now.
-Jon Favreau

Hopfrog

Just saw Bossert with Martha Raddatz explaining away the wrestling GIF tweet, gushing about how he is the most genuine president ever and how that should not be seen in any way as a threat but rather an appropriate response to how he is treated by cable news networks.

These people are so unbelievably full of shit, every single one who prostitutes themselves to this administration should never be able to work another day of their lives in any position of responsibility after this fiasco.

ascii42

Would this take into effect immediately?
It would have to be passed by the House and Senate, and signed by the President like any law:
The House Appropriations Committee voted to repeal the AUMF, or authorization of military force, which was set in motion after the Sept. 11th terrorist attacks. To become law, it would need to pass the full House, Senate and be signed by President Trump.

It's part of the DoD's budget bill, so we'll see.

Zolo

Just saw Bossert with Martha Raddatz explaining away the wrestling GIF tweet, gushing about how he is the most genuine president ever and how that should not be seen in any way as a threat but rather an appropriate response to how he is treated by cable news networks.

These people are so unbelievably full of shit, every single one who prostitutes themselves to this administration should never be able to work another day of their lives in any position of responsibility after this fiasco.
If they were appointed by Trump, they've kissed the ring.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

I feel like there have been at least a few times where Trump flies off the handle and then it turns out yeah, there was a story coming.

Like I said in the other thread, Trump successfully flipped the table on the fake news term. It was originally about how fake news helped him win the election. Now people have forgotten and just think fake news is about fake news stories against him.

Trump has done that with Comey and the tapes; he thought Comey would say he had tapes so he hinted he might have tapes himself first. He is always doing projection and trying to attack people with what he might be attacked with.

giphy.gif

Come to think of it, whatever happened to those motions Trump was making to try and oust Mueller? Did someone successfully put the plug on that or did Trump get distracted by dangling keys?

FyreWulff

Come to think of it, whatever happened to those motions Trump was making to try and oust Mueller? Did someone successfully put the plug on that or did Trump get distracted by dangling keys?

one of the Dem congressman sent out a statement that they'd just instantly reappoint him as serving at the pleasure of Congress so it'd do jack all nothing

Valhelm

contribute something
LBJ inherited a pretty small military operation, and McNamara says point blank in "The Fog of War" that he's convinced Kennedy would not have expanded the war as massively as LBJ ended up doing, Kennedy having been much more skeptical of and willing to push back against his military "experts" thanks to the Bay of Pigs debacle crafted under Eisenhower but which he ended up holding the bag for.

Well that's the irony of American liberalism. Our most humane presidents at home have still been ruthless abroad. Truman flatted Korea, LBJ escalated Vietnam, Carter reignited the Cold War and Obama reneged on his anti-imperial promises.

This is not to say the Republicans have been any less awful on foreign policy.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
one of the Dem congressman sent out a statement that they'd just instantly reappoint him as serving at the pleasure of Congress so it'd do jack all nothing

That's what Schiff said, but it wasn't necessarily true. Republicans would have to be the ones that put Mueller back in charge, and that's not guaranteed.

That's what Schiff said, but it wasn't necessarily true. Republicans would have to be the ones that put Mueller back in charge, and that's not guaranteed.

True, but I suspect that if Trump fires Mueller, the IC will go ballistic on him and keep dumping oppo on him and/or other GOP members until the Republicans in Congress cave in and reinstate Mueller.

Loxley

And almost one thousand other positions Trump has yet to fill/appoint, the lazy moron.

Isn't the going theory that it's not so much laziness but Trump/Bannon simply to trying to "weaken" the government by just not appointing people to work in it?

Ben Sasse's true colors are shown. Becoming a full CBO truther on CNN. Media should stop propping this guy up and treat him the same way as a teaparty nutjob.

If Democrats win the House by say 1 seat, can they create their own independent commission to look into Russia? Similar to Warren Commission or 9/11 Commission?

Isn't the going theory that it's not so much laziness but Trump/Bannon simply to trying to "weaken" the government by just not appointing people to work in it?

Maybe it is Bannon strategy even if it is one it is actually making them more ineffective on passing their agenda. It also doesn't look like they are making new rules or trying to pass a law that consolidates power to himself. Understand that he has a lot of power within the executive branch. Weakening it harms him the most and doesn't do anything to Congress or the Supreme Court.

I say it has more to do with ignorance and lack of interest.

KingK

Well that's the irony of American liberalism. Our most humane presidents at home have still been ruthless abroad. Truman flatted Korea, LBJ escalated Vietnam, Carter reignited the Cold War and Obama reneged on his anti-imperial promises.

This is not to say the Republicans have been any less awful on foreign policy.
Don't forget Teddy Roosevelt's imperial adventures.

I wonder if Twitter rather takes a 50m fine or bans him

I think Twitter banning him is a big gamble on their part. They have serious business issues and can use the attention clicks he gets, but such an act would probably go a long way to stopping the brain drain they are experiencing.

Plinko

Ben Sasse's true colors are shown. Becoming a full CBO truther on CNN. Media should stop propping this guy up and treat him the same way as a teaparty nutjob.

I can't believe they already asked for another CBO analysis. I can't believe they're still pushing forward with this.

Chumly

Ben sasse has always been like this. I'm from Nebraska. He's a nutbag. The media latched onto him strictly because he didn't support trump. He was advocating on local news (and national) for a full repeal ala rand Paul. Yet somehow people have pushed Narative that he's going to be like Collins or murkowski.

Ben sasse also has this thing where he refuses to publically air his positions until the very last second. This confuses people into thinking that he's actually debating on whether to support something. Reality is that he always supported it he just doesn't like to go public with it.

kirblar

Ben sasse has always been like this. I'm from Nebraska. He's a nutbag. The media latched onto him strictly because he didn't support trump. He was advocating on local news (and national) for a full repeal ala rand Paul. Yet somehow people have pushed Narative that he's going to be like Collins or murkowski.
He's good at the image stuff.

Having to actually do politics and policy right now is exposing a lot of people.

jtb

Banned

Ben Sasse is terrible. I have more respect for the shameless Trump die hards than for his shameless media whoring. He and the media seem to think that he's the next president, which is fucking absurd.

He's good at the image stuff.

Having to actually do politics and policy right now is exposing a lot of people.

The media looooves him.

I can't believe they already asked for another CBO analysis. I can't believe they're still pushing forward with this.

They must really like "THE GOP WANTS TO TAKE AWAY HEALTH CARE FROM 20 MILLION PEOPLE" being blasted on every new network in the country

Even if a new estimate came out and it showed they were wrong, it was only 20 million kicked off and not 22 million, it wouldn't change anything lol

It's not like the CBO is going to be wrong by over 22 million (to bring the score into a net positive for those insured)

teiresias

They must really like "THE GOP WANTS TO TAKE AWAY HEALTH CARE FROM 20 MILLION PEOPLE" being blasted on every new network in the country

Even if a new estimate came out and it showed they were wrong, it was only 20 million kicked off and not 22 million, it wouldn't change anything lol

So they're asking for a new analysis on the old bill and haven't submitted anything new? Stupid if so, just hoping for a rounding error that resulted in an order of magnitude change in the numbers is delusional.

The white house and republican party would party naked in the streets if Trumps twitter account was banned, he's hurting himself badly with it. There's a reason why they're begging him to stop.

We dont want his account banned, if he wants to continue to incriminate and humiliate himself so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom