• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is it. Get in contact with secret service or whoever and tell them to arrest him or else they'll be in violation of the constitution or whatever.

I think the Secret Service would step down and some unit of the US Military (I'm guessing Military Police, but I dunno) would go in and make the arrest.

I'm pretty sure that even in counterfeiting cases (the Secret Service's only investigatory/enforcement function outside of protecting POTUS) they have to refer the criminals to the FBI to make an actual arrest.

"The President is allowed to stay in the White House until he has personally certified that the President-Elect is ready for the job. He will cede over power at that point" -Republicans in 2021, because that's totally what they would do. There's a very real chance they sold out their entire base to get power, if it wasn't for outrage I'm 90% certain they'd cancel elections/heavily rig the system in their favor.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Really makes you think

You actually can't pardon an Impeachment, its the one formal limit on the President's ability to pardon listed in the Constitution. And an Impeachment bars you from holding any official position in the Federal Government.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It's quite clear that anyone who interviews Putin has strict rules they have to follow.
To the point where every single question is approved ahead of time.
HuffPo has a source saying there were not conditions...
But Kelly's questions were so weak and she missed so many opportunities that several network news reporters asked HuffPost the unthinkable: ”Did NBC News, in their negotiations with the Kremlin, agree to terms and conditions on questions or topics?" No major news organization would ever agree to conditions limiting topics or questions. A well-placed source at NBC News confirmed to HuffPost that there were no conditions. A spokesman for NBC News declined to comment on Kelly's choice of questions.

Two sources with knowledge of the preparation, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that the internal team that helped Kelly prepare for the interview with Putin included, but wasn't limited to, NBC News Chairman Andy Lack, NBC News President Noah Oppenheim, ”Sunday Night" Executive Producer Liz Cole and NBC News executives David Corvo and David Verdi. According to one well-placed source, Kelly also spoke to five prominent Russia experts in advance of her interview.

Also,
Kelly did ask more nuanced, detailed questions when she moderated a plenary between Putin and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the St. Petersburg International Economic forum. (MSNBC and CNBC both aired footage from the plenary.) But even then, some of her inquires were surprising. For example, Kelly asked the Russian leader whether U.S. sanctions against his country ”hurt more than helped."
What the hell kind of question is that?

Pixieking

Banned
HuffPo has a source saying there were not conditions...

Also,

For example, Kelly asked the Russian leader whether U.S. sanctions against his country ”hurt more than helped."

What the hell kind of question is that?

It may be that she was meaning to ask whether isolation-through-sanctions is something that has limited power in Russia, in the sense that you can theoretically push a country further away from the possibility of talks/discussions/common sense, and into the arms of your own enemies. It can also create ill-will among your citizens if the media pushes the narrative that the sanctions have no good reasoning for being placed.

For instance, I think anti-US sentiment has spiked in Russia since sanctions have been placed on the country, and that may be a coincidence. But it's certainly down in-part to the narrative that the media - essentially controlled by Putin - spin. So... *shrugs*

If that was what she was meaning to ask, though, it was clumsy as all hell, and needed more elaboration.

"The President is allowed to stay in the White House until he has personally certified that the President-Elect is ready for the job. He will cede over power at that point" -Republicans in 2021, because that's totally what they would do. There's a very real chance they sold out their entire base to get power, if it wasn't for outrage I'm 90% certain they'd cancel elections/heavily rig the system in their favor.

This isn't really possible. I mean, yes they can say this, but their words won't stop a military troop or MP unit from forcibly removing him from the building.

Now, I doubt he'd be arrested (as I don't think we have the balls as a country for that) but someone would whisper in Trump's ear that the Constitution actually allows any military or police personnel to kill Trump, should he not give up power. As Benji has mentioned before, the Presidency is kind of a prison in that you can't move without a dozen federal handlers watching you or listening in.

A dictatorship like that isn't possible here for that reason; any supposed dictator wouldn't last a month before "falling in the shower."

No problem, we'll get ACORN to kill Trump

Maengun1

I definitely daydream about trump's various possible reactions if he's still president but loses in 2020. Would he actually attempt to hole up in the white house and not leave? Would he just say fuck y'all on national tv and peace out to trump tower the day after the election? idk but it makes me smile thinking about it lol (even though it all is, like everything else with him, disgusting and horrifying. but let me have the schadenfreude)

I can say one thing with certainty, he wouldn't be inviting his successor over for the peaceful transfer meetings like Obama and everyone else has done and he wouldn't be respectfully attending the inauguration and encouraging the country to look forward hopefully...no frigginnnn way

Megyn Kelly is so overrated, should've stayed at Fox News

Looks like Camp David has internet, FUCK
/s

DCmPaXhUQAAmlHM.jpg:large

DCmRsx5UQAAsta4.jpg:large

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The US House of Representative's Seargent at Arms. ;)

Technically he doesn't have to be removed. He stops being president at the end of his term. Im not super concerned about this possibility yet, (for now) Ithink he'll leave when it comes to it.

Edit: royalan, your no hat avitar is messing me up

Pixieking

Banned
Has he made any sort of statement on the dead sailors yet? I noticed Hillary tweeted about them/the crash, but not seen anything from Trump or the administration more generally.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Am I mistaken, or is that one about Obama's numbers a complete lie?

Xando

I hope Ossoff wins next week. I want to see the Republicans start panicking and running for their lives.

I want this to happen so bad. The inevitable meltdown of Trump and him turning on the GOP would be glorious.

I wonder if he would try to make friends with the democrats

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I want this to happen so bad. The inevitable meltdown of Trump and him turning on the GOP would be glorious.

I wonder if he would try to make friends with the democrats

Much more likely he blames fake news.

Xando

Perhaps, but don't expect Trump to change his attitude much. At least not just for one race.

He won't change his attitude because of the race i agree.

But i'm talking about him going to have a meltdown when republicans will turn on him because they're scared for their own seats in 2018. If Democrats don't win with Ossoff they won't win by a landslide in 2018 and the GOP can just continue it's fuckery

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

But i'm talking about him going to have a meltdown when republicans will turn on him because they're scared for their own seats in 2018. If Democrats don't win with Ossoff they won't win by a landslide in 2018 and the GOP can just continue it's fuckery

Does he have to win? What if it's just a lot closer than it should be?

Diablos

The GOP will continue its fuckery no matter what. The only way they stop is if Dems win back the House and/or Senate. And even then they won't really stop so much as Dems just acting as a check on their insanity.

Does he have to win? What if it's just a lot closer than it should be?

It'll be a lot closer than it should be no matter what and the long-term picture for 2018 will remain the same regardless (blue wave).

But Ds really need a win instead of a bunch of good-tries--not just for one more D rep but to energize the base and prove to GOP congresspeople that they are in deep shit. Would really help short-circuit whatever is left of the legislative agenda.

By the way, Scalise continues to improve and was upgraded to serious condition. I have a feeling those doctors did some miracle work.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Agreed. A loss is basically saying that there will be no blue wave in any meaningful capacity. Maybe we win +3 seats or some bullshit.

Plinko

I think the real answer is in between. Yes, a loss will be a huge disappointment. Numbers may keep shifting, but eventually democrats have to turn those into wins. Losing by 1 point is still a loss of a valuable seat.

That said, a close loss could mean a better outlook in 2018 if democrats get the right candidates out there. Regardless of how the generic polling looks, if democrats aren't picking people that are right for those communities in which they run, it's pointless.

I still think the biggest key here is the AHCA getting implemented. If it passes and people start seeing the effects immediately in 2018, it'll be a blue wave almost guaranteed.

On a different note, PPP's response to Trump's tweet today:
PublicPolicyPolling‏Verified account @ppppolls 56m56 minutes ago

Americans wish Obama was still President rather than Trump, 53/41

Straight fire.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The really damaging parts of AHCA don't phase in until after 2018 I thought? And old racist white people will still blame Obama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom