• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy DJ

On a side note, r/the_donald is divided in their ranks on if they should even use the word Russiagate in reference to this "hoax". They still haven't gotten to which spin theory to adopt. Some of the top upvoted comments on posts are entirely in Russian.

They're not coping well right now.

I mean, how you claim it's a hoax when Donald Trump Jr goes out and screams "yeah I did it, here's the receipts too". I think it's why it's the dumbest move he could have done. It achieves nothing.

Zolo

I mean, how you claim it's a hoax when Donald Trump Jr goes out and screams "yeah I did it, here's the receipts too". I think it's why it's the dumbest move he could have done. It achieves nothing.

Yeah. We're starting the transition of 'The whole Russia hacking and collusion is a dumb conspiracy nobody worth anything believes' to 'So what? It's not illegal, it was worth it to take down Hillary, and Obama & Hillary are worse and got away with it too.'

Chumley

Banned
On a side note, r/the_donald is divided in their ranks on if they should even use the word Russiagate in reference to this "hoax". They still haven't gotten to which spin theory to adopt. Some of the top upvoted comments on posts are entirely in Russian.

They're at the absolute height of lunacy conspiracy theories right now. They think, like, Hillary and the DNC tricked Trump Jr. into colluding with the Russians. And that the Russian contacts Trump Jr used are actually Obama plants.

To say it doesn't make any sense and is stupid as all hell is a huge understatement. Its also not even a defense, it's a pathetic attempt to deflect and say the Democrats are the real bad guys because they knew Trump people were stupid enough to fall into their trap.

They're at the absolute height of lunacy conspiracy theories right now. They think, like, Hillary and the DNC tricked Trump Jr. into colluding with the Russians. And that the Russian contacts Trump Jr used are actually Obama plants.

To say it doesn't make any sense and is stupid as all hell is a huge understatement. Its also not even a defense, it's a pathetic attempt to deflect and say the Democrats are the real bad guys because they knew Trump people were stupid enough to fall into their trap.

It's even worse because they're out of school for the summer and have time to sit and concoct this shit.

Zolo

That's like saying it's the police's fault for planting cars to catch people breaking into cars.

Oh dear lord that's good lmao

kellyanne on hannity
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/885330686080675841/video/1
Messages_Image_3130147670.png

Makai

Lol link to the Russian top comments, please.

Blader

The PSA interview with Franken a couple days ago was fucking awful. He didn't sound that good and Lovett was just terrible. What a bizarre mismatch it turned out to be.

Same. I feel as though I just stared into the sun.

Staring into the darkness...

The_Donald is a fascinating place, however reprehensible it is. It's what I imagine the intellectual circles of Neanderthals would have looked like.

It's like a Subreddit/Forum version of Infowars. Bunch of right wing crazies discussing conspiracy theories and shit-talking Democrats/Liberals.

Like, I try not to stereotype, but my mind just automatically formed an image of the type of person who would post there.

The American posters, I mean, not the ones who eat borscht for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Zolo

I saw that Tucker Carlson interviewed a gamergator about the violence of ANTIFA tonight...

Give me a fucking break

Yeah. It's interesting in retrospect about Gamergate was partly talked about in how awful gamers are when it was really just the symptom/branch of a much wider problem.

How many times did you read the word "cuck" in those five minutes?

Felt like I was on a fucking farm with chickens swarming after me.

Yeah. It's interesting in retrospect about Gamergate was partly talked about in how awful gamers are when it was really just the symptom/branch of a much wider problem.

You mean young, heterosexual white men who've been puffed and pampered their whole lives and can't cope with the fact that they really ain't shit?

How many times did you read the word "cuck" in those five minutes?

Rough estimate? 1 in 5 posts contains some reference. The articles/posts about specific people--especially Liberal Men--contained substantially more. There was one about the impeachment filings and it was littered with people calling him a cuck.

Slizeezyc

Rough estimate? 1 in 5 posts contains some reference. The articles/posts about specific people--especially Liberal Men--contained substantially more. There was one about the impeachment filings and it was littered with people calling him a cuck.

Haha, so good. Why that word, such an odd word to usurp.

Yep

If nothing else twitter had some fun with tonight's interview

Ha is that the Gameranx guy? I think that's how you spell it?

Drakeon

Some people dug up an old legal opinion published by the White House's Office of Legal Counsel, a few days before Nixon Resigned. Their conclusion was that a sitting President does not have the authority to Pardon himself, but outline two somewhat convoluted processes a sitting President could receive a pardon.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/olc/opinions/1974/08/31/op-olc-supp-v001-p0370_0.pdf

I fully expect Trump to pardon his entire family and himself before this is all over.

The idea is that someone who partakes in cuckolding is a Beta Male, since he has to watch his wife/gf being taken by another--despite the fact that those who cuckold generally get a mutual enjoyment. It was originally "beta cuck" and then they just shorted it to calling people the disagreed with cucks, essentially saying they were less manly and therefore their opinions were irrelevant. T_D is rife with racism and sexism left and right, the Alt Right in general is entirely a result of straight white men lashing out because they suck.

The idea is that someone who partakes in cuckolding is a Beta Male, since he has to watch his wife/gf being taken by another--despite the fact that those who cuckold generally get a mutual enjoyment. It was originally "beta cuck" and then they just shorted it to calling people the disagreed with cucks, essentially saying they were less manly and therefore their opinions were irrelevant. T_D is rife with racism and sexism left and right, the Alt Right in general is entirely a result of straight white men lashing out because they suck.

Yeah, there's also the racist connotation that they think their white girlfriends (like they exist) wanna cheat on them with black men.

Finalizer

My pet theory is that it's related to the rise of NTR on 4chan (have fun googling that one), and cuckoldry naturally rose in use as a kinda-sorta english equivalent term. It also helps that, as neurosisxeno pointed out, it ties in nicely with the whole alpha/beta male ideology they hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom