• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good piece about it: http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...religious-right-a-match-made-in-heaven-215251

The gist is that: evangelicals prize abortion over all other issues; they see Trump as David-like figure, i.e. a flawed champion to carry out God's will (seems like this could be applied to literally any person who agrees to support the evangelical platform...); and they feel marginalized within their own society and see a fighter in Trump who sympathizes with their feelings and will not stop fighting on their behalf.
"Will not stop fighting"

How many days until he resigns now?

Ernest

Banned
In stark contrast to the idiot-Trumps, here's a letter from Bush Sr to Bush Jr on how to conduct himself.

DEn-8ZcUMAAvu0B.jpg

Kusagari

Last I checked, Macron isn't exactly taking him to task either.

There's a line you see leaders like Trudeau, Macron and Merkel walk with Trump even though they don't like him. That's different from Trump suddenly bloviating about Macron being the greatest leader ever when he's in a press conference with him.

I think some of you have it all wrong. Trump is the one who insults the hell out of some of these people and their countries publicly and then when he shows up in their country in front of them they all still shake his hand and smile.

You don't have to go on a swearing tirade against him like Vicente Fox but not even a well spoken condemnation of his behavior? You tell me who's weak.

Wasn't it the "moderates" that had more numbers they needed to get on board than Cruz?

Rand and Collins are likely to remain "no's" at this point. I don't think that changes one bit with this bill. So they can't afford to lose anyone. I don't see how Murkowsk or Heller hop onboard with this bill. So that's two right there along with a number of others like Capito who came out against the bill after the fact.

We'll see but the hill to climb here is still steep. If Cruz is onboard, you can bet Mike Lee is as well.

barber

I think some of you have it all wrong. Trump is the one who insults the hell out of some of these people and their countries publicly and then when he shows up in their country in front of them they all still shake his hand and smile.

You don't have to go on a swearing tirade against him like Vicente Fox but not even a well spoken condemnation of his behavior? You tell me who's weak.
Proper adult politicians do not start insulting current allies, they divest in them and improve other relationship, which is what we are seeing in the G20 and other trade agreements, EU giving token communication to the USA (ofc we will like have a trade agreement with you! if XYZ happens) and rushing to exploit its weaknesses.
That Trump has the ability of communication of a 3 years old doesn't mean that ours should, unless something mayor (such as the pussy grabbing) happens. Campaign treason is something internal, as saying "you elected him due to irregularities" sounds really bad.
EDIT: Europe is all about softpower and passive agressiveness as can be seen in the EU.

Source on the NO was a friend that called portmans office and got a response, to confirm it he called again and said Portmans flipped to a "undecided".

I'm calling anyway, requesting he vote no.

Isn't that basically the bill Collins and Cassidy were working on earlier?
Seems to be, although Cassidy-Collins let states opt into keeping ACA as-is, and this block grant system would have gone for everyone else. The Graham-Cassidy proposal seems to make the block grant system the standard with no ACA opt-in.

This reminds me a great deal of Clinton's failed healthcare reform initiative where every senator was putting up their own healthcare bill in a last-ditch effort to pass something.

Now Trump is repeating the "Loretta Lynch let that Russian atourney in" Fox News bs.

Hey, if they are allowed in the country you are allowed to collude with them. It's in the fine print.

This probably has a good chance of passing

Unless... which one did Portman say no on?

This is a trap. It's like when the monster you are fighting splits in two and you waste time trying to figure out which one is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom