• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
that gallup is tasty.

And yes, all the Vets I know are disgusted with trump. the ones that were still okay two weeks ago changed last week. After the secretive meeting with Putin, and the announcement of Joint cyber security task force, with no input from the military.

Also you know, not being a commander and chief.

In 3 weeks I expect the -% on military bases to be at -14%+

That's really weird, because the question absolutely isn't phrased like that. It seems the only thing you could omit would be stuff related to travel. If you can omit other things then the question should be changed.

It should definitely be changed, but that's also how a lot of that stuff goes. When I was a defense contractor, I went through hell for my clearance because I said that I had gone by other legal names in the past (my parents weren't married when I was born and I was given my mom's last name at birth since my dad was in jail lol; they legally changed it when I was an infant). One of my security guys said I could've just not mentioned it because it wasn't really the kind of thing they were looking for.

so Jeff sessions only released one page, everything redacted on it save one line. to congress.

https://thinkprogress.org/jeff-sessions-blank-sheet-of-paper-russia-contacts-9f9050877e96

According to NPR, a “recently-launched ethics watchdog group called American Oversight filed a Freedom of Information Act request in March for sections of the Standard Form 86 [i.e., security clearance] relating to Sessions’ contacts ‘with any official of the Russian government.’” On June 12, a judge ordered the DOJ to comply with the request within 30 days.

DEnjdFMXYAAddS9.jpg

Natasha Bertrand
✔
@NatashaBertrand
Replying to @NatashaBertrand

Per DOJ spox, Kislyak not listed b/c Sessions "was instructed not to list meetings" he had as Senator with foreign dignitaries & their staff

can we hold the attorney general in contempt?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Just got a WaPo Alert.

Turtle has released a new Healthcare plan. Includes "Bare bone" plans.

People were not protesting at town halls due to lack of "bare bones" plans.

Just got a WaPo Alert.

Turtle has released a new Healthcare plan. Includes "Bare bone" plans.
Isn't this ass backwards? The people in low risk pool were never in question - who this Bare Bones plan works for. It's the high risk pool that need more coverage.

Need more deets.

I think the Ezra Klein show is really underrated - depending on the guest it's golden. It really topical, though.

NPR politics podcast is good if you just want the basics.

That Gallup poll gives me life. He'll always be positive among Evangelicals because their loony asses can justify almost anything, but he could conceivably fall underwater with every other group.

Tamanon

Banned
On a theoretical level, I'll never understand evangelical love for Trump.

He's basically every character from a fable we're supposed to learn a lesson from. There's no real, Christian core to his character.

He's basically every character from a fable we're supposed to learn a lesson from. There's no real, Christian core to his character.

Easy. They have no "real, Christian core" either and use their religion to justify their hatred of other people.

Necrovex

I think the Ezra Klein show is really underrated - depending on the guest it's golden. It really topical, though.

NPR politics podcast is good if you just want the basics.

Ezra is certainly one of the better interviewers. I quite enjoy listening to his show when the guest member piques my interest.

Hindl

Evangelicals believe flawed characters can be conduits for God's will, and also their biggest issue is abortion. Trump says he'll stop them, so they'll overlook other flaws. Plus evangelicals are hypocritical pieces of shit

This... looks like it's a good deal better than the prior bill?

-It's clear that the Obamacare exchanges will go into a death spiral and become de facto high risk pools as healthy people flee to programs without mandated health benefits. But the Obamacare exchanges have an open-ended commitment to subsidization and affordability, I believe. They'll remain affordable; the government will pick up the tab. Meanwhile, premiums will be lower for the healthy people that flee. Basically, someone has to pay for the sick; under the new plan, the government picks up the tab, and under the old plan, healthy people in your same risk pool did.

I'm least confident about this one - chiefly it relies on having the political will to maintain the subsidies after the comprehensive plans become a kind of ersatz Medicaid for the sick.

-HSAs aren't a panacea, but as a means to put private health spending on an even playing field with tax exempt employer provided health insurance, I think they're a great idea.

-greater subsidies for catastrophic coverage is straightforwardly a good thing?

Ogodei

Easy. They have no "real, Christian core" either and use their religion to justify their hatred of other people.

If you prioritize stopping abortions and gay marriage at the price of everything else your religion stands for, then tactically it makes sense. I give the Evangelicals credit in that they're able to swallow their pride and vote for the side that helps them more even if the candidate isn't perfectly up to their standards, unlike far too many on the left.

My argument, of course, is that this is a very reductionist view of Christian teaching, but what would an agnostic like me know?

Evangelicals believe flawed characters can be conduits for God's will, and also their biggest issue is abortion. Trump says he'll stop them, so they'll overlook other flaws. Plus evangelicals are hypocritical pieces of shit

Evangelicals are Republican first, "Christian" second. With few exceptions.

Turns out there's no such thing as a white "Evangelical Christian" voting bloc!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom