• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
kdN6IMd.png

So... anecdotally a friend who works at a health care network is tentatively estimating 10,000 of their patients alone losing insurance by the end of the year. Shit is going to hit home hard and fast.

So... anecdotally a friend who works at a health care network is tentatively estimating 10,000 of their patients alone losing insurance by the end of the year. Shit is going to hit home hard and fast.

Lots of people are going to die, which is absolutely tragic. I'm not sure how people will reconcile this.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
To be clear, his ticks are preludes to new, important information. Not all information is earth shattering. Keep you expectation is check and enjoy.

I know the deal. It is just more info to the full picture. My expectations is another chapter to Comey and Trump story.

This idea that the GOP are banking on this not affecting people until 2020 is puzzling. While the number in the House bill may not be there, it will still likely be over 10 million people losing coverage in 2018.

Dems need to stop worrying over being too divisive. GOP and their voters want people to die and will laugh as they see poor people suffer, including their own.

I feel like we're past an event horizon of ever coming together. I guess in my lifetime I never saw this country together, and more and more as the opposite side act more vile I can't imagine ever wanting to come together.

Then I think that the reality is that the other side feels the same way about us and have their own fears. Man stuff's fucked forever huh.

kirblar

This idea that the GOP are banking on this not affecting people until 2020 is puzzling. While the number in the House bill may not be there, it will still likely be over 10 million people losing coverage in 2018.
They're playing into the "Dems may regain power anyway, so fuck it" thing. What they care about is surviving their own primaries first and foremost.

Ernest

Banned
To be clear, his ticks are preludes to new, important information. Not all information is earth shattering. Keep you expectation is check and enjoy.
His cryptic "tick" tweets do usually have a payoff, but they're also met with increasing incredulity, or people just not caring due to there being just so much of this stuff.

Wonder if this stuff would stick if there was a fraction of it instead of so much. Say, the only thing Trump did wrong was being in violation of the emoluments clause, so everyone can just focus on that, instead of the billion different things we have now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Whoa I'm reading this bill and the way it cuts Medicaid is insane. I'm going to get such a tax cut.

studyguy

CBO won't even be in till next week.The timing for the bill is so stupidly tight that it's going to strangle the discussion on the effects the CBO puts out there through the sheer lack of time the senate has allowed before the supposed vote.

So if (god forbid) this thing passes, it's going to explode the deficit right? I find it hard to believe a $600b tax cut wouldn't at this point. Especially since the Medicaid expansion doesn't roll back until 2020. That means 2-3 years of paying for the full expansion and those tax cuts.

Ogodei

So if (god forbid) this thing passes, it's going to explode the deficit right? I find it hard to believe a $600b tax cut wouldn't at this point. Especially since the Medicaid expansion doesn't roll back until 2020. That means 2-3 years of paying for the full expansion and those tax cuts.

It can't explode the deficit if it wants to pass by the 50 votes.

CBO won't even be in till next week.The timing for the bill is so stupidly tight that it's going to strangle the discussion on the effects the CBO puts out there through the sheer lack of time the senate has allowed before the supposed vote.

"70 MILLION WITHOUT INSURANCE" hitting a day or two before the vote might work in our favor, though.

So anything stick out as possibly unconstitutional that the ACLU could sue over?

I don't think it targets one group enough to pull something like that off. I can't wait to watch Republicans claim "mental health issues!" after another shooting and every Democrat to point out that they removed Mental Health Coverage under EHS from peoples insurance plans.

This bill specifically frees up money for the tax cuts later this year, as I understand it. There will therefore be no net increase to the deficit.

In theory yes, but in theory the Bush Tax Cuts were supposed to cause a slight drop in overall revenue and explosive economic growth. They did neither.

Is anyone organizing nationwide protests this coming week? Is there time? I would gladly take off work to march against this bill. It is going to cause tons of suffering here, and make my city a much worse place to live.

Can't link right now but Heller is holding a press conference with Gov Sandoval soon. Sounds like Heller is going from yes to no, given how big a supporter of the Medicaid expansion Sandoval is.

Can't link right now but Heller is holding a press conference with Gov Sandoval soon. Sounds like Heller is going from yes to no, given how big a supporter of the Medicaid expansion Sandoval is.

If he goes from Yes -> No I wonder if there will be some more cover for a few more to start going No.

They can afford his no
This makes Pence giddy

Kind of. It's still going to be close enough that any Nos are bad for them.

Ogodei

They can afford his no
This makes Pence giddy

I don't think they can. Paul's a hard no and Lee might be too (since Lee, from Utah, is definitely immune to any blowback from the right for taking an ideological stance against a repeal that doesn't go far enough). Cruz will probably get to yes, Johnson's a wildcard, if Heller drops, the path to 50 narrows considerably.

Of course, it could end up making the bill much worse if McConnell's path to 50 means he needs Cruz and Lee to get to yes. Cruz's demand list included much more aggressive cuts to Medicaid.

So far it's Heller and Collins as the two no's? Need one more, how convenient.

Rand Paul

I don't think they can. Paul's a hard no and Lee might be too (since Lee, from Utah, is definitely immune to any blowback from the right for taking an ideological stance against a repeal that doesn't go far enough). Cruz will probably get to yes, Johnson's a wildcard, if Heller drops, the path to 50 narrows considerably.

Of course, it could end up making the bill much worse if McConnell's path to 50 means he needs Cruz and Lee to get to yes. Cruz's demand list included much more aggressive cuts to Medicaid.

Cruz's list was also stuff they couldn't do in one week, like entire restructures and stuff.

They can afford his no
This makes Pence giddy

But then either Sue C. or Lisa M., frequent guests at my Moderate Darling tea party, will have to vote for it. They will be most displeased - not angry because anger is a partisan emotion; displeasure and concern are nice and bipartisan even if they produce no action.

Wait, both of them might have to vote for it? They will soon have the vapors in front of the cameras.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This is going to pass. Please, for your sake--don't do this to yourselves. The whole "let's let 2 people vote no" thing is staged.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
WCBD
WCBD‏ @WCBD

U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham seeks information about alleged interference by former A.G. Loretta Lynch during Clinton email probe

I don't use the word hate often and always try to see the good in people.

I'm starting to hate these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom