• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Cloudy said:
McCain is worthless. Instead of giving policies, he's distorting Obama's plans. Sounds like he got his talking points straight from Fox News :lol

I can't believe he still doesn't get it. People want to hear exactly what you have to offer even if it happens to be shit on a stick. At least appear to have a firm direction for this country. All he looks like now is a man who knows he will end up in second place.

jjasper

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/oct/13/cause-divorce-et-father-names-baby-sarah-mccain-pa/
Cause for divorce? ET father names baby Sarah McCain Palin

ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. — A new father has secretly named his baby girl Sarah McCain Palin after the Republican ticket for president and vice president.

Mark Ciptak of Elizabethton put that name on the documents for the girl’s birth certificate, ignoring the name Ava Grace, which he and his wife had picked earlier.

“I don’t think she believes me yet,” he told the Kingsport Times-News for a story to be published Tuesday. “It’s going to take some more convincing.”

Ciptak, a blood bank employee for the American Red Cross, said he named his third child after John McCain and Sarah Palin to “to get the word out” about the campaign.

“I took one for the cause,” he said. “I can’t give a lot of financial support for the (McCain/Palin) campaign. I do have a sign up in my yard, but I can do very little.”

© 2008, The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

:lol What a dumbass. I feel sorry for the kid though (although I am sure it will be changed by the mom)

Blackhead

Redarse
lawblob said:
I think the red waves mean the red wave of communism that will sweep the land once he's elected. The 'O' in the background is the amount of money he will spend on national defense, and the blue background is the impending black skies coming from the collapse of our workforce after he forces everyone to join crooked unions and gay marry one another. :p
:lol

Looks like Vilsack had some V for Vendetta theme going. I like it but no one else ever would.

As usual I think all the 70's ones rock. I missed my decade :(

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'd bet they're all from the same source feeding ads to different games. I think that's how that sort of thing works, IIRC. I remember EA signing a deal with one specific ad distributor.
Yup, pretty sure that's how it's organized. And most of those are EA games.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
bob_arctor said:
McCain will not bring it up. I would bet money on it but I'm not the gambling type.
Obama: "Wasn't there something you wanted to ask me, John? Something about how well you really know me?"

I'd love to see that happen.

GhaleonEB said:
Yup, pretty sure that's how it's organized. And most of those are EA games.

Speaking of ads, why are the political ad banners on this site always pro-McCain? In a place as pro-Obama as Neogaf it's really kind of annoying.

LegendofJoe said:
Speaking of ads, why are the political ad banners on this site always pro-McCain? In a place as pro-Obama as Neogaf it's really kind of annoying.
Because McCain is wasting more money on banner ads for websites while Obama is spreading out and using his money on other types of advertising in locations that are more effective, perhaps?

LegendofJoe said:

McCain spent all his money on google ads instead of TV. ;)

Oh, I'm not complaining that Obama isn't throwing more money into Google ads; I'm complaining about the fact that McCain ads are plastered all over neogaf.

WaltJay

On a different note, did anyone else get their online orders from the Obama store this weekend? It took about 3 weeks for me to get my magnet and two pins. But judging by what others have been saying, 3 weeks is normal. :D

Xdrive05

Obama tax savings
$1396
McCain tax savings
$0

Yeah,... that's about right for us.

BUT BUT BUT!!! OABOMMA WANTS TO RAISE TEH TAXES ON YOOOUUUU AMERICA!!!

omgimaninja said:
Because McCain is wasting more money on banner ads for websites while Obama is spreading out and using his money on other types of advertising in locations that are more effective, perhaps?
I don't know about you guys,but I'm going to invest in victory!

VICTORY IN 2008

thefro

I see most of Obama's ads on local sites in swing states (i.e. local newspapers) and sports sites.

Mccain seems to be using blanket google ads instead.

Trurl

Banned
So, Obama has the best logo in American history then?

I'm not that crazy about it, but it certainly is memorable and pleasing to the eye. It'll probably be remembered long after most other parts of this election have been forgotten. It'll almost seem strange to not see it during the years Obama isn't campaigning.

lets do some gallups!!!!!!!!

dftxvgr-vemqzu2gwp6o8q.gif

xbu5ysgnpe-u6qswbfyayw.gif

pksx17isu0ufb3j5muj7kg.gif

1oofktiapkg1czxmywo0wg.gif

Cheebs

Bishman said:
Niiiice. How much money does Obama have to burn? Spend that money in Texas. Help turn Texas blue or at least purple!
He has money to waste, not money to throw away. Texas is 0.00000000% chance of switching. McCain has over a double digit lead there since forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom