• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Has Obama responded it McCains allegations of him increasing taxes 95 times or is he doing what the normally Democrats do & just take it up the ass.

All I seen waht McCain mentioning that lie when answering a completely different question & Obama did nothing to respond back.

Gruco

Banned
I actually really like the "zen" question.

Notice the audience laughed at Obama's joke and hated all of McCain's.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Both candidates' disregard for the UN Security Council exemplifies all that I think is wrong with the USA.

Still, Obama is acin' this one.

So Sarah Palin is watching the debate from a pizza parlor in Greenville, NC.

I'm flabberghasted. Why on earth would you eat at a pizza parlor in one of the finest regions for barbeque in the entire nation? Total faux pas, McCain deserves minus points in the debate for his VP's poor taste.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
2qx47k0.jpg

Feep

Banned
Fragamemnon said:
So Sarah Palin is watching the debate from a pizza parlor in Greenville, NC.

I'm flabberghasted. Why on earth would you eat at a pizza parlor in one of the finest regions for barbeque in the entire nation? Total faux pas, McCain deserves minus points in the debate for his VP's poor taste.
Oh my god.

3rdman

FTWer said:
Has Obama responded it McCains allegations of him increasing taxes 95 times or is he doing what the normally Democrats do & just take it up the ass.

All I seen waht McCain mentioning that lie when answering a completely different question & Obama did nothing to respond back.
You can't attack every one...you'll appear to be on the defensive. You have to choose your battles and hes done a good job of that tonight...IMO

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Mac the KNife said:
Tom: This question is from NeoGAF: "What are your thoughts on Japanese Xbox 360 sales figures?"
That'd be hilarious.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
ggnoobIGN said:
Seriously. Lot's of "uhhhhs" in there for guys who are supposed to/should be top notch speakers.
That's what happens when you think up answers instead of regurgitating them. It's not like he does it all the time. But really, nobody gives a shit.

Zeliard

ggnoobIGN said:
That's Speech 101. There no reason to do express a long "uhhhh" though. It makes you sound amateur, even if subconsciously. Think, then talk.

You're right, they would come across much better if there was a long pause before each answer.

Zoe

ggnoobIGN said:
That's Speech 101. There no reason to do express a long "uhhhh" though. It makes you sound amateur, even if subconsciously. Think, then talk.

As much as I like Obama, I've always felt he's been a little weak in public speaking. He's come a long way since the primaries though.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Tom: "This question is from NeoGaf: What would you do if you accidentally the whole thing? Senator McCain you first"

Damn Bams is working his magic on the Ohio uncommitted women. Practically stayed up the whole way once he mentioned "raised by a single mother"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom