• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
9bbtht.jpg

xabre said:
Right now I’m really feeling very sick. I feel so down, I could just cry. I feel like the bottom just dropped out from under me.

I KNOW if this election hadn’t been fixed, PA, FL, Ohio, VA and some other states, would have been McCain’s. He had PA for sure.

Right now, I don’t think I will ever be able to vote for Hillary again. I’m truly fed up with her and Bill. They left us down in order to stay with the party for any future elections.

The party evidently meant more than her supporters. We stayed true to her, but she didn’t stay true to us or the country. It was just politics, as usual to them and I don’t care what anyone says.

I just had to take a couple of sleeping pills to hopefully make me sleep, but I don’t think they are going to do the trick. I am so down.
And the the tears shall flow like rivers.

Blackhead

Redarse
xabre said:
Right now I’m really feeling very sick. I feel so down, I could just cry. I feel like the bottom just dropped out from under me.

I KNOW if this election hadn’t been fixed, PA, FL, Ohio, VA and some other states, would have been McCain’s. He had PA for sure.

Right now, I don’t think I will ever be able to vote for Hillary again. I’m truly fed up with her and Bill. They left us down in order to stay with the party for any future elections.

The party evidently meant more than her supporters. We stayed true to her, but she didn’t stay true to us or the country. It was just politics, as usual to them and I don’t care what anyone says.

I just had to take a couple of sleeping pills to hopefully make me sleep, but I don’t think they are going to do the trick. I am so down.
Don't take too much. I'm pretty sure taking 30 at a go will fuck you up. Maybe try an amount a little lower and give us a running commentary on how you feel?

Fox318

speculawyer said:
I'm kinda surprised . . . I thought more latinos would vote Yes.

I'm happy as a white guy that we voted against this.
And embarrassed that white guys mostly voted against Obama.
Thats just nationally. People voted for principles they believed in.

Gruco

Banned
Hellsing321 said:
Were going to have to find another state to take it's place then, and Ohio is out too. :(
Any Ideas?
I hate to say this, but if they really lost 2 million votes...

...Georgia.

Remember back when we talked about how McCain's only path to victory was to run the table in NV, OH, FL, CO and VA? Watching those fall one after the other was just glorious.

thekad

Banned
xabre said:

;_;

Zeliard

xabre said:

You're parodying hillaryis44.com, right?

.... right?

Shirokun

beermonkey@tehbias said:
DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THE COUNTRY JUST TURNED OVER ALL ITS GOLD JEWLERY TO MAKE A GOLDEN CALF? THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY DO NOT WANT TO WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE GOD, THEY WANT A GOD WHO REPRESENTS THEM. THAT IS WHY OBAMA IS SO POPULAR, NOT BECAUSE HE IS BLACK. OBAMA SAID TONIGHT IN HIS SPEECH THAT HE REPRESENTS ALL PEOPLE INCLUDING "GAYS". HE COULD LITERALLY SPROUT HORNS ATOP HIS HEAD TOMORROW AND TELL EVERYONE ON LIVE TV THAT HIS FAVORITE NUMBER IS 666 AND IT WOULD NOT MATTER. I AM IN A STATE OF SHOCK RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN REVELATION IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN. I MEAN, I KNEW IT WOULD, BUT TO KNOW THAT I AM SOONER RATHER THAN LATER GOING TO SEE MY LOVED ONES WHO HAVE GONE TO HEAVEN ALREADY IS SOBERING TO SAY THE LEAST. HOWEVER WE MUST GET BACK TO OUR FATHER'S BUSINESS, PRAY FOR YOUR LOST LOVED ONES AND LIVE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW BECAUSE FOR US THERE MIGHT NOT BE. SUDDENLY THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING I WAS DOING AT WALMART TODAY DOESN'T SEEM THAT IMPORTANT DOES IT?

Wat?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
coorey Booker: "we're not Norway" then some dude in the background: "I love this guy, norway... *lol*" what the fuuuuuuk. :( what a blow.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Prop 2 passed in Michigan? I never gauged the headwinds, but I simply assumed that it had no chance. Of course I live in a county that still obstinately goes Republican (though it's close, and it's much closer than it was in 2004), so what I'm surrounded by can't be used as a litmus test for the rest of the state, but I thought that the ludicrous commercials would reinforce cynicism of the proposal. I was still torn about how I was going to vote as I went into the booth, but I did end up going yes.

Shirokun

Gruco said:
I hate to say this, but if they really lost 2 million votes...

...Georgia.

Remember back when we talked about how McCain's only path to victory was to run the table in NV, OH, FL, CO and VA? Watching those fall one after the other was just glorious.

Georgia to be the new Florida *confirmed*!

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
I'm a dumbass and blew some cash playing poker online tonight, yet I am still really, really fucking happy. GOBAMA!

Vestal

beermonkey@tehbias said:
DOES ANYONE ELSE FEEL LIKE THE COUNTRY JUST TURNED OVER ALL ITS GOLD JEWLERY TO MAKE A GOLDEN CALF? THE PEOPLE OF THIS COUNTRY DO NOT WANT TO WORSHIP THE ONE TRUE GOD, THEY WANT A GOD WHO REPRESENTS THEM. THAT IS WHY OBAMA IS SO POPULAR, NOT BECAUSE HE IS BLACK. OBAMA SAID TONIGHT IN HIS SPEECH THAT HE REPRESENTS ALL PEOPLE INCLUDING "GAYS". HE COULD LITERALLY SPROUT HORNS ATOP HIS HEAD TOMORROW AND TELL EVERYONE ON LIVE TV THAT HIS FAVORITE NUMBER IS 666 AND IT WOULD NOT MATTER. I AM IN A STATE OF SHOCK RIGHT NOW. EVERYTHING THAT IS IN REVELATION IS REALLY GOING TO HAPPEN. I MEAN, I KNEW IT WOULD, BUT TO KNOW THAT I AM SOONER RATHER THAN LATER GOING TO SEE MY LOVED ONES WHO HAVE GONE TO HEAVEN ALREADY IS SOBERING TO SAY THE LEAST. HOWEVER WE MUST GET BACK TO OUR FATHER'S BUSINESS, PRAY FOR YOUR LOST LOVED ONES AND LIVE LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW BECAUSE FOR US THERE MIGHT NOT BE. SUDDENLY THE CHRISTMAS SHOPPING I WAS DOING AT WALMART TODAY DOESN'T SEEM THAT IMPORTANT DOES IT?

/FACEPALM!

beermonkey@tehbias said:
:lol I live for meltdowns like this. :D

nightez

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:

lol thats crazy you sound like a fundamentalist.

Marvie_3

Banned
BobLoblaw said:
If Bachmann wins, I say make it Minn.
Hey come on! We went for Obama and will quite possible go for Franken! The whole state isn't a bunch of idiots, just the district I live in.(I voted for Tinklenberg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom