• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Election Day 2008 Thread of A New Dawn in America (OBAMA ELECT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Flo_Evans said:
Missouri is up to St. Louis county now.

2ljgxu9.jpg

~34,000 votes left to count here.

if the votes pile in at 60:40 margin, obama would still be 10,000 votes behind

which means obama needs those votes at an 80% margin

which means missouri is red, sorry.

Jak140

Obama won! Prop 4 looks to be defeated at least, but Prop 8 is looking like it will pass. :(
Bittersweet night for liberals in California.

mYm|17|

FlightOfHeaven said:
Florida's Anti-Gay measure seems to be passing.

But we chose Obama by a huge 3% margin!!

thank god Florida did it right by picking Obama but for shame on passing Amendment 2. I am glad I won't be living in Florida forever

My lonely hyper conservative friend on facebook just unfriended me. :D

Kind of sad though, because he would post these notes of GOP talking points, then I would just demolish them very politely. It wouldn't convince him, but I'm sure he had some moderate friends that read that crap, and now I can't counter it.

ToxicAdam said:
You hate Franken, too? He's such an arrogant prick.
Actually, as a humorist, I like him. He's hilarious and his arrogance is part and parcel of his act. I just haven't seen anything from him that indicates he would be so much as a half-decent senator. Especially in an era that has seemed to start off with a spirit of unity and cooperation.

Just got home from a celebratory trip to the bar. The party I attended during the election agreed that tonight is like another new year's--people are going to be calling off work and missing class tomorrow.

I finally know what gratification feels like for a grander cause, and it's empowering. It's awesome.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Lambtron said:
Unfortunately Coleman seems like a fucking slimebag. The whole goddamn campaign was a shit slinging contest. Terrible. I wish they could both lose.
That's usually the case when an independent candidate can get 15% of the vote. Personally I wish all 3 of them could lose but since thats realistically impossible I have to side with Al on this one :/

Waffles

Wonderful news, this means first contact on a global scale will be able to occur very soon.

To the 'sleepers' here: You are to meet your extended space family in the near future, do not fear, they are of benevolent nature.

-Kees-

Let's go Franken!

There are only 3 counties left that aren't 100% yet, they're all about 98% now can we PLEASE call Indiana for Obama!

Xabora

Waffles said:
Wonderful news, this means first contact on a global scale will be able to occur very soon.

To the 'sleepers' here: You are to meet your extended space family in the near future, do not fear, they are of benevolent nature.
Hunh?

Chrono

Banned
*wakes up*

*goes to cnn.com/politics*

text loading before image... 'Change has come to America' - FUCK YEAH!!!

Now, time to watch the victory speech. :D

Wow, it's really over. Finally. It's over.

+1 AMERICA.
+1 HUMANITY.

Xavien

Just woke up.

Congratulations America, Maybe this'll bring a new era of relations between the U.S. and the rest of the World.

Iksenpets

Banned
DopeyFish said:

Never trust Missouri. It's the new Ohio.

smurfx

get some go again
man obama whooped mccain's ass in pennsylvania by 10 points. after all the talk i expected it to be closer than that.

yuna55

DopeyFish said:

What about St. Louis City (which is it's own county)? Last I heard, it was way behind St. Louis County.

EDIT: Nvm, 100% reporting with 84% for Obama.

Flo_Evans

DopeyFish said:

We will see. Where do you think it's taking the longest and the delays in St. Louis county are? I'll give you a hint it's the predominantly black areas of the suburbs.

And if I am wrong Obama is still the president. :lol Missouri is just icing.

BTW, St. Louis city proper was a LANDSLIDE for Obama.

n3vkhx.jpg

:D

Odrion

Banned
mamacint said:
Franken might just squeeze by (couple bigger Dem precincts still reporting)
Itasca and St. Louis both are 50-60% reported in and have Frank by a big margin.

You guys already failed by electing crazy eyes, redeem yourselves!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lennedsay said:
What about St. Louis City (which is it's own county)? Last I heard, it was way behind St. Louis County.

well then things could be different

say if there's 70,000 votes left and it goes 60/40 like st louis county - then you'd be looking at an absolute dead heat

edit: nope St Louis city is 100% reported

missouri will be red

just caught up with this whole fucking thread. was out all day bringing friends to various polling places in PA. I've always been more of a lurker in these threads but i've been following them since Bam's win in Iowa against Clinton. what a awesome and strange journey it's been fellow gaffers.

i also came here to gloat about my ban bet with nicodimas

this is fucking awesome

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Man, I half expected Biden to come out holding a steel chair for the heel turn when he arrived on stage. Rip off his shirt to show a red elephant muscle tee underneath and good ol' JR screaming MAH GAWD

I'm just sayin'

Odrion said:
Itasca and St. Louis both are 50-60% reported in and have Frank by a big margin.

You guys already failed by electing crazy eyes, redeem yourselves!
Holy crap . . . St. Louis Park is where Franken grew up!

HOPIUM NY-MN-JEW STYLE!

Tamanon

Banned
smurfx said:
man obama whooped mccain's ass in pennsylvania by 10 points. after all the talk i expected it to be closer than that.

Republicans always think they're going to get PA, they just can't compete with Pitt/Philly. For all the talk about a Chicago machine, it's nothing compared to what PA has.

As Scarbs said earlier, Pennsylvania is "Fool's gold"

Gordon Smith...telling people we'll wait till tomorrow to find out senate results.

Copped to voting for McCain, hilarious given his insane ad push to convince people he was an Obama guy.

edit: nvm, not conceding. my bad.

Speevy

Banned
bishoptl said:
Man, I half expected Biden to come out holding a steel chair for the heel turn when he arrived on stage. Rip off his shirt to show a red elephant muscle tee underneath and good ol' JR screaming MAH GAWD

I'm just sayin'

"Now that we've won, I want you to take this card, Joe. It's an anger management course, already paid for. You need to calm down."

ToxicAdam

bishoptl said:

I'm just sayin'

You know the bookers saved that shit for Inaugeration Day. Never blow your angle all in one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom