• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff, when you agree with Clinton you love it. It was odd to not like the guy, now I remember why he was the first guy I voted for.

What I wish Bill or Hil or Obama would do is take the 3 am thing and turn it on his head and say this

at 3am who do you want anwsering the phone on women's rights?
at 3am who do you want anwsering the phone on supporting sound science?
at 3am who do you want anwsering the phone on the ecomony?
at 3am who do you want anwsering the phone on health care?
at 3am who do you want anwsering the phone on equal rights?
at 3am who do you want anwsering the phone when it comes to using America's power?

When it comes to ALL the calls a President needs to anwser, when it come to all the things that keep you up at 3AM? After 25 years in Govenment John McCain still does not have the judgment or the experience to anwser the call.

That would be awesome. What Clinton was able to do was spin the GOP's spin. Obama would be awesome if he could do that.

Tamanon

Banned
Tom Brokaw still carrying water for McCain's POW status.

"While John McCain was in Hanoi, Bill Clinton was writing letters to dodge the draft!"

The replies at hillaryis44 are interesting...

I am not watching, yesterday was enough for me

Bill butt-kissing with elegance but it’s still butt-kissing.

wish he wouldn’t.

Crowd gave him a standing ovation and wouldn’t stop applauding.

He’s lying thru his teeth.

Bill’s lying. :(

i hate that bitch….
michelle…
she just thinks she’s the shit…

OH BILL, DONT DO THAT…
YOUR THE BIG DAWG, DONT BEG US TO VOTE FOR
THE ‘PIMP CANDIDATE’.

PLEASE…

Bill, Bill, Bill, you know what you are saying is crap. I don’t know how much more I can watch. This is SO sad. Big Dawg, you are slipping in my eyes the longer you go on.

thanks Bill, but no thanks

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
This was the moment of the convention. No controversies, no foul play, no stupid lines. For anyone that has asked and pondered whether this party was unified, Bill Clinton came on the stage and put his fucking stamp on it and said "FUCK YEAH WE ARE."

The next 24 hours are going to be smooth sailing like no other.

Hootie

Dax01 said:
Focus, Hootie.

1203308572020.jpg

What's the deal with Brokaw? Seriously, every time he's on, he's proclaiming "John was a POW" every two minutes. "While McCain was in Hanoi, Bill was in ROTC dodging the draft?" He's quickly transforming into a McCain surrogate as we speak.

Keylime

ÏÎ¯Î»Ï á¼Î¾ÎµÏÎγλοÏÏον καί ÏεÏδολÏγον οá½Îº εἰÏÏν
JayDubya said:
You think they had sex during his Presidency?
Hillary surely enjoyed feeling the power between her legs.

/ArmageddonBuscemi

I thought it was interesting he didn't mention McCain by name, just as "the republicans" or "their candidate". I'm not sure why that was.

I thought his speech did two important things: said in plain English Obama is READY and the man for the job, which undercuts McCain's biggest attacks, and brought into perspective America's standing in the world, something that sometimes gets overlooked.

Amir0x

Banned
reilo said:
This was the moment of the convention. No controversies, no foul play, no stupid lines. For anyone that has asked and pondered whether this party was unified, Bill Clinton came on the stage and put his fucking stamp on it and said "FUCK YEAH WE ARE."

The next 24 hours are going to be smooth sailing like no other.

Elsewhere on Fox News...

Idiots.jpg

Tom Brokaw had a point, but he said it like a douche. Where's the outrage at the other side's "military" service.

Say what you want about Bill Clinton, but he is one of the best orators on the planet.

reilo

maximum360 said:
What's the deal with Brokaw? Seriously, every time he's on, he's proclaiming "John was a POW" every two minutes. "While McCain was in Hanoi, Bill was in ROTC dodging the draft?" He's quickly transforming into a McCain surrogate as we speak.

And while McCain was doing jackshit in congress, Bill was leading this country as president of the UNITED FUCKING STAGES.

Amir0x

Banned
heh, actually Kerry's speech isn't so bad.

Poking fun at himself, and a good theme... Candidate McCain vs. Senator McCain.

"Talk about being for it before you're against it!"
"He has to finish the debate with himself."

Keylime

Kerry is getting his revenge on his previous "Flip Flopper" tag by calling McCain one :lol

TDG

Banned
Kerry is making some excellent points about the contrasts between Sen. McCain and Candidate McCain.

He just said, "Talk about being for it before you were against it." :lol

I love Kerry. If only he were charismatic.

Gattsu25

Banned
"Before he ever debates Barack Obama, john McCain should finish debating himself"

fucking BITCHSLAP

Voting against the bills you wrote? Voting for policies you strongly opposed?

"Mission Accomplished"

FUCK YEAH

reilo said:
And while McCain was doing jackshit in congress, Bill was leading this country as president of the UNITED FUCKING STAGES.

Brokaw is entitled to his opinion, but he somehow weaves into the narrative that McCain was a POW EVERY SINGLE TIME HE'S ON.

reilo

Hannity trying to school Dukakis, and he's just laughing at him.

Hannity saying Obama has flipped on every single issue, and says he lacks integrity.

What the fuck?

Tamanon said:
Kerry is just throwin' elbows!

I'm glad Kerry will at the very least get a promotion when Obama gets elected. Either Secretary of State, or Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee in the Senate. Kerry's endorsement during the primaries was pretty good as well.

Also, I'm glad someone is comparing the old McCain vs McCain the sell-out NeoCon.

Keylime

TDG said:
Kerry is making an excellent speech. It's a shame the networks aren't showing it. :(
PBS (yeah that's right haters from yesterday...I'm watching PBS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom